Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#1,590 ·
That's surely better than having no coach at all, although she said he won't travel outside of Europe (as he has other people to coach as well at home) and "maybe" accompanies her in some of the European tournaments.

Another surprising piece of news - it was written that she might play Junior Wimbledon after all.

#1,591 ·
I wanted her to get coached by Margit :D
Hopefully he will be a good edition :)
She needs to leave behind Juniors and start travelling more :)
I know she played badly in her last trip to Asia but a nice time in Indonesia could be helpful :oh:
Still annoyed she got 26 Points in Australia instead of getting around 75 whcih I thought she might get when she was up 6-1 in the TB :D
I thought that maybe she would have chosen Silver :shrug:

#1,593 ·
FYI, silver is considered a joke in Estonian wise tennis circle - he has an awful personality and thinks he is a God which he is not. He is rather good coaching tennis but he cannot communicate, specially with women. and I won't go even there what Kaia had to go thru. Amazed that she managed to stay that long with him.

#1,609 ·
Anett has quite a good record against people ranked vastly higher than her :)
She seems to peak at big events against good players so if she can draw a Qualifier or WC she has such a good shot at 50 Points :) Its kinda funny that if she had won Burnie she also would have gotten 50 points :lol: Winning 25Ks is the same as a round at a PM :D
No wonder so many top players play ITF :D
Is Kaia still playing???

EDIT: Why isn't the Tallinn draw up yet??? :(
Also, if she wins a round in Miami she won't be able to play Tallinn unfortunately as that is what happened to Kaia last year in Indian Wells/Nassau :(

#1,610 · (Edited)
EDIT: Why isn't the Tallinn draw up yet??? :(
Also, if she wins a round in Miami she won't be able to play Tallinn unfortunately as that is what happened to Kaia last year in Indian Wells/Nassau :(
Entry Deadline: Fri 8th March 2013 by 14:00GMT

Initial list does not mean much. There are tons of people who will play in France instead and bunch of people who simply withdraw.

She would have to win two rounds in MD to automatically miss Tallinn.

#1,611 ·
When I checked last night it said that the Entry Deadline was the 7th. Now every tournament says the 8th...
Also, why was Kaia not able to play in Nassau then if she lost in R2 after having Round 1 Bye???
I agree that many will play in France but I still think that Anett will need WC to make MD :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.