Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 199 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2014, 03:35 AM   #2971
country flag anrivel

anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice anrivel is just really nice
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricua #1 View Post
However, I was not raising any issues about her physical condition. I was referring to her technique. I said that a TV commentator indicated that her backhand is more technically sound than her forehand, and I said that I thought that was correct. I then asked for the comments of other participants.
It's all good. I can see how you think I am using the words incorreclty. When I said "physically, I think she has what it's needed" I meant that as an additional comment. I also forgot mention the tactical component of her game....

I remember when Sharapova won Wimbledon in 04. I also remember how some people were criticizing (and I don't remember which one it was) either her forehand technique or serve motion. They said it was not sustainable in that some day she would have problems with it. She still won it, in my opinion, because mentally she was at the very top.

So, again, out of the 4 components/aspects of her game, I think #3 is the biggest challenge right now!
anrivel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #2972
country flag Boricua #1
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrivel View Post
It's all good. I can see how you think I am using the words incorreclty. When I said "physically, I think she has what it's needed" I meant that as an additional comment. I also forgot mention the tactical component of her game....

I remember when Sharapova won Wimbledon in 04. I also remember how some people were criticizing (and I don't remember which one it was) either her forehand technique or serve motion. They said it was not sustainable in that some day she would have problems with it. She still won it, in my opinion, because mentally she was at the very top.

So, again, out of the 4 components/aspects of her game, I think #3 is the biggest challenge right now!
I agree with you about the mental aspect being the most problematic one at this point. Her accuracy needs to improve also; to place the ball where she means to (easier said than done). She has been missing many points by very, very little. If I recall, the last game with Vesnina in Hobart was the most dramatic case in point. She lost the set -- and the match -- by a hair.

Thanks for your reply.
Boricua #1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #2973
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

her mechanics took a major hit this season between her BBB phase and the wrist injury ... I hope that's been corrected well enough to avoid another injury.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #2974
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidspell View Post
Monica will be the new image of Chrysler in Puerto Rico!
I saw that! Way to go Pica!