Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

anapolis general tennis discussion thread - volume 2

170K views 5K replies 60 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
i haven't started a new thread in a while and since every player forum seems to have this i think we need it too. it's better to discuss what's going on in a tournament in a separate thread and have one just for ana.

Time for volume 2!

#4 ·
I wasn't in the MD at all, so when renatards withdrew, I asked the hosts to put my name on the list. I vote every year, so it made sense to be in the MD. :eek: And I was close to winning a set against Sarindipity (new member, I don't know who it is).
you probably lost because people don't think you should be there anyway.

i never vote there but i check out what's happening in final rounds.

i don't know whay are people here talking cp6uja up. he is past his peak :shrug:

#15 ·
I really thought about what would be my bigest wish related to Ana's career, and I am sure it would be winning Australian Open. If she wins AO, it would be aaaamaaaazing! Australia is her 2nd home and I think winning there would be perfect. Imagine Ana as a 2 time GS champion. Wow! I still believe it will happen! :D

#18 ·
But she was also consecutive finalist of RG, and now she loses to Agatha in 4th round :mad:

If she's gonna win GS again, I think it will be US Open, because she played her best tennis at speed HCs in last couple of years :)

#19 ·
Sorana says some nice things about Ana

You and Ana Ivanovic are very close. How did that friendship come about?
(Smiling) She is my best friend. We are like sisters. It’s so nice to have someone like that on tour. We actually discovered each other a little bit late. I think I was 19, she was 22 or something. So maybe like four years ago when we first started to train together because of the adidas team, and interact.
And suddenly we realized that we had the same values, same way of seeing life, same background, same kind of families, same education. Because we are so similar in everything, now a lot of times we don’t even have to speak, we know what we are feeling. It’s just so nice to have someone like her on the circuit and just be able to share this time together because we spend so much time at the tournaments. So it’s nice to have someone you can call almost family.

Source: http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/2013/07/31/sorana-cirstea-talks-about-her-early-career-struggles-and-dishes-on-friendship-with-ana-ivanovic/

#25 ·
This is just... everyone and their mothers can take advantage of a woeful performance by a top player BUT Ana. She is the only one who just finds a way to play even worse.

Vika played just as bad yesterday.. but Sam is not as giving as Ana.. :sobbing:

#33 ·
If Cirstea can get pass Li then Ana should go to her for tips.

That section of the draw with a tired Stosur, useless Jankovic, Wozniacki and Shitra was the most unpredictable of the draw thanks to Azarenka's withdrawal.

Ana could've possibly been the semi-finalist had she drawn Jankovic's spot (probably).

Of course, extremely injured Victoria doesn't give a fuck about withdrawing prior to the draw. :facepalm:

#37 ·
If Ana just beat Li :sobbing: She could beat Domi and her BFF Cirstea and go to her first ever final since 2010 or 2011? She can even break into the top 10 :bigcry: Those opportunities are so wasted! Ugh I wanna cry big time :bigcry:

#44 ·
Great week for Sorana!

I hope she does give Ana some tips on how to not shit on pants when playing a top player and how to take advantage of opportunities.

Or just that seeing her BFF do so well pushes Ana to try to do better herself.

#45 ·
Ana is Novak's best friend. If he couldn't help her, I don't see what Cirstea could do. I mean, this was a good week for her, but no way she should give Ana any tips. :spit: After all, Ana is playing against Cornet next week and Sorana just lost to her last week.

btw, although I am the hater of clone, I'm not a malicious one. Sorana is far from top 10 material.

Reactions: Sean.
#46 ·
Novak has always done great though.. usually its from seeing those who don't usually do well actually acomplish something that you havent in years that you get the impact.

I do agree Sorana is not top 10 material. But I'd kill for Ana to have one big tournament like this every once in a while.. she hasn't made a big final like this since IW 2009.. and even then she beat nobody to get there.

Reactions: Sean.
#47 ·
i don't think ana is as close with novak as she is with sori these days. sure, he is her childhood friend. but look at what sori is saying about her friendship with ana - "my best friend ana ivanovic", "we are like sisters" "it's good to have someone like her on tour" etc. :lol: if a friend is to inspire ana it has to be someone close to her now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.