Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki Bertens Vol I

275K views 5K replies 102 participants last post by  Marlene 
#1 · (Edited)
:wavey:

I noticed that Kiki did not have her own thread. But after her recent results I think she deserves one.

Code:
Name:    	        Kiki Bertens
Date of Birth:	        10th of December 1991
Residence:	        Wateringen
Age started tennis:	6 y.o.
Coach:	                Martin van der Brugghen
Tennis clubs:      	ATV Berkenrode/ competition for: Lobbelaer
Year End singles Ranking
Code:
2016:                   22
2015:                   101
2014:                   69
2013:                   87
2012:                   63
2011:                   184
2010:                   230
2009:                   569
2008:                   973
2007:                   UNR
Year End doubles Ranking
Code:
2016:                   37
2015:                   38
2014:                   251
2013:                   326
2012:                   296
2011:                   195
2010:                   312
2009:                   519
2008:                   1.008
2007:                   UNR

Links:

offical website

ITF profile

WTA profile

See less See more
#516 ·
Re: Kiki Bertens

6-1 5-1 up turned to 5-4...

and breaks.

Great work Kiki :cheer: NL #1 beckons :p

#520 ·

:cheer:

#521 ·

Against the nr 5 seed Halep in the SF, who def top seed AMG 6-2 6-1.

Will be really tough, but she has nothing to lose.

:cheer:

Kiki and Aran lost their doubles QF match 4-6 0-6 against Cetkovska & Panova :hug:

#523 ·

Kiki tomorrow around 17.00 CET on centercourt. So we will see her on the livestream :banana: Really curious to see how she has developed. Last time i saw her play, was at the Unicef Open vs. Errani (2011)

Halep will be really tough. It's her title to grab, but nothing to lose for Kiki :)

From the WTA website:
The other semifinal will pit another of the tournament's surprise packages, Kiki Bertens, with No.5 seed Simona Halep. Prior to this week, Bertens had never won a WTA main draw match. But after overcoming some second set jitters to defeat fellow qualifier Garbiñe Muguruza Blanco, 61 64, the 20-year-old has now had three in as many days.

"I think I played very good today," Bertens said. "I made a good start in both sets and, although I got a little bit nervous at the end of the second, thankfully I managed to finish it off.

"My movement was really good and I was also hitting the ball really well. She was maybe making more mistakes than usual and I was pleased I managed to take advantage."

#524 · (Edited)

Krajíčková;21322698 said:
Kiki tomorrow around 17.00 CET on centercourt. So we will see her on the livestream :banana: Really curious to see how she has developed. Last time i saw her play, was at the Unicef Open vs. Errani (2011)

Halep will be really tough. It's her title to grab, but nothing to lose for Kiki :)

From the WTA website:
OMFG Can't watch her match at 17.00 hrs :hysteric: :banghead: :sobbing:

Yeah, I also think the match against Errani was the last match I saw. Also saw some ITF matches of her, but that was before that. There is an article on her and Bibi in Tennis Magazine. She changed her FH and BH technique while she kept playing tournaments.
With changing her technique she is able to have more pace on her shots and hit more winners.

She practiced with Halep at the Unicef Open :oh:

Nothing to lose for Kiki. Winning 5 matches here in Fes is something I didn't expect and don't think Kiki expected that either. Good for her confidence to be able to win matches at this level, even though it's not the strongest line up here ofcourse.

Just hope she plays well.

#536 ·

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
First Dutchie since Krajicek ('s-Hertogenbosch 06) to reach a WTA Final.

Kiki improved so much since last time i saw her play. Good footwork, solid groundstrokes, good power.
Simona didn't play her best match, but Kiki also wasn't giving her the opportunity to really get into the match.

Almost top 100 :yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.