Tennis Forum banner

Mona´s Summer 2013 | Bad Gastein & US Open Series (final stop: US Open NY!!!)

17K views 242 replies 33 participants last post by  Haseo. 
#1 · (Edited)
WTA Bad Gastein (International)

(1)Mona Barthel (GER) v Chiara Scholl (USA)
Q v (WC)Lisa-Maria Moser (AUT)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
Q v (5)Kiki Bertens (NED)

Good draw for Mona here, being 1st seed is nice as well and QF has to be her goal here at least.
Scholl is in awful shape and Moser or Q has to be beatable as well, SF seems more than possible also but unfortunately u never know with Mona but as I said, QF it has to be at least IMO

#7 ·
Re: Mona´s Summer 2013 | Bad Gastein & US Open Series!

WTA Bad Gastein (International)

(1)Mona Barthel (GER) v Chiara Scholl (USA)
Q v (WC)Lisa-Maria Moser (AUT)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
Q v (5)Kiki Bertens (NED)

Good draw for Mona here, being 1st seed is nice as well and QF has to be her goal here at least.
Scholl is in awful shape and Moser or Q has to be beatable as well, SF seems more than possible also but unfortunately u never know with Mona but as I said, QF it has to be at least IMO
Understatement. This is a virtual BYE.

#10 · (Edited)

Expecting Mona to reach a Qf of a WTA tournament is pretty bold these days but with this schedule it actually should be quite in her reach.
Provided she takes it serious and is not just there for making holydays in the Austrian Alps.
Please no kind of Pegula 2.0 match here, everything else would be fine.
All the best for her.:)

#18 ·

It was too quick :lol: Ahmed :hug:
This was probably the 1st match of her I missed this year. Usually Mona either destroys her opponent in no time or loses fast (when off). She wastes no time.

#16 ·

Yep, was too quick. I intended to catch it but it was all over. Usually even easy matches like that take quite a bit longer, more like 50min- 1hr, 35min is insanely fast, so I presume there was just no opposition today. Anyway, Chiara is in terrible form, lost 16 matches in a row this year up until July, so this isn't a surprise. Probably she can't keep the ball in play and isn't reacting to the ball well or something. Anyway she lacks some key ingredient right now which would allow her to compete, so an easy win it is.

#23 ·

Yep, was too quick. I intended to catch it but it was all over. Usually even easy matches like that take quite a bit longer, more like 50min- 1hr, 35min is insanely fast, so I presume there was just no opposition today. Anyway, Chiara is in terrible form, lost 16 matches in a row this year up until July, so this isn't a surprise. Probably she can't keep the ball in play and isn't reacting to the ball well or something. Anyway she lacks some key ingredient right now which would allow her to compete, so an easy win it is.
Remember that Mona played three sets against Ashleigh Barty in 70 minutes. :)

#24 ·

Good start for Mona,couldn´t watch it but 60 60 is quite good :D :lol:
anyway, Scholl was too weak, I guess, to say anything about Mona´s form, Bogdan (who is probably next) will already be a bit tougher (obviously), first real test will be her QF here!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.