Off-Season suggestion thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2006, 02:05 AM   #1
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute
Off-Season suggestion thread

Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve upon the game for the new year?

The only thing that I would like people to think about would be the tie-breaker rule of games lost. This rule makes sense if there are more then one person to get all the picks right, but when everyone loses early it makes no sense to take games lost. For example lets say there are 2 people left and they both lose on day 5. They had all the same picks for the first 4 days, but picked different people on day 5 who both lost. This is where the problem lies, if player A picked Anna K to win and she loses 6-3 4-6 4-6 and player B picks Jen C to win and she loses 0-6 0-6 Player B would win because that player has fewer games lost.
Player A Games lost (4,4,4,4,15)
Player B Games lost (4,4,4,4,12) Player B wins with fewer games lost

This doesn't make sense to me as Anna at least won a set and came closer to winning then Jen did.

I hope this all made sense.
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #2
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off-Season suggestion thread

I think thats a great idea, makes more sense to me
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 05:13 AM   #3
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute

I think for the most part no changes need to be made. Certainly not to the basic format of picking one person per day.

I would like to see byes eliminated but I'm probably in the miniority on that.

I like your suggestion for the tiebreak rule.
Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 10:18 PM   #4
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever you say works for me Shaun

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #5
country flag ~CANUCK~

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute

So my suggestion would be that if everyone loses before the final pick, we should use sets won first, then go to games lost if still tied.
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 04:47 AM   #6
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post

I would like to see byes eliminated but I'm probably in the miniority on that.
Im all for that idea, would encourage more people to play suicide tennis too
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #7
country flag smokovec

smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
So my suggestion would be that if everyone loses before the final pick, we should use sets won first, then go to games lost if still tied.
I think your idea is good, and also one of the bad rule is when we have the same Points for 2 or more Player and the first Player that made the pick is the Winner, but I don't find any other different rule to apply in this case.
We can give the exequo Win, but it's not a good solution for me... so any other idea is appreciate.

So, adding the Rule of sets won can avoid this situation.
smokovec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #8
country flag ~CANUCK~

So of coarse this situation had to come up in an event that I ran again
So what happened was there were 3 people left, 2 lost on day 6 and one made it to day 7. The player to make it to day 7 wins but to figure out the finalist im going to do game lost without counting the games lost on day 6.
Old Mar 17th, 2007, 03:29 AM   #9
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should have a Race to the YEC.
That way, the YEC isn't included in the rankings. As well, it rewards the loyal to the game.
I'd be happy to run it and with Ivanovic Fan's rankings, it'd be easy to tabulate up until now and join in progress based on 2007's results. All I would have to do would
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2007, 03:29 AM   #10
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

be is to add everyone's values to their current totals. ( Sorry, I pressed submit a little early ). Thanks.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2007, 04:47 AM   #11
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about the Race to the YECs.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #12
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

It's no problem for me to do that as well.
Rank for YEC is easy, cause all the points counts.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #13
country flag ~CANUCK~

I was thinking maybe we should try to add a doubles version of the game. Basically it would be the same game except you play with a partner. You each make your picks for singles and it would also count for dubs. If one of the partners gets a pick wrong your team losses. You could each pick the same player on the same day. You don`t have to worry about not picking players that your parnter picked, as that rule only applies to your picks.
Anyways, what do you guys think?
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
I was thinking maybe we should try to add a doubles version of the game. Basically it would be the same game except you play with a partner. You each make your picks for singles and it would also count for dubs. If one of the partners gets a pick wrong your team losses. You could each pick the same player on the same day. You don`t have to worry about not picking players that your parnter picked, as that rule only applies to your picks.
Anyways, what do you guys think?
I think it's a good Idea but If all the top players team up, what's left for the lower ranked ones? But I still think it's a great Idea
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #15
country flag ~CANUCK~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiberi View Post
I think it's a good Idea but If all the top players team up, what's left for the lower ranked ones? But I still think it's a great Idea
Well thats why suicide is such a good game, your success in this game is based on what you do and not other people. If two teams finish the event they both get the same points.