Interview Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM   #1
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of
Interview Thread

~Martina Hingis Li Na Kim Clijsters~

Yuan MengPeng ShuaiLi Ting Sun TianTianZheng Jie Yan Zi
AiSugiyamaLindsay DavenportSerenaWilliamsVenus Williams
Amelie Mauresmo Mary Pierce
Justine Henin Svetlana Kuznetsova

Anna ChakvetadzeNicole VadisovaYung Jan Chan
1star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 01:06 PM   #2
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of
Re: Interview Thread

People are more likely to think Zheng likes to speak in favor of the officials. But it is not always the case. She can speak out her mind. I would like to translate part of the interviews as below:

http://www.people.com.cn/GB/paper464/16296/1438932.html

1. 外教加盟 队员得到全方位训练
The participation of three foreign coaches---Players received all round training

“中国网球在加快职业化的进程中遇到了许多新问题,我们也有不少困惑。但有一点我们始终清醒,就是要走具有 中国特色的网球发展之路。职业化不是自由化..."
Jiang: The Chinese tennis has encountered many new problems in accelerating the process of profesionalism. We fell greatly puzzled but we are always sober at one point, that is to take the tennis road of development with Chinese characteristics. Professionalism is not liberalization..." (aiming at those who wanted to wrest control over their own training and selection of tournaments.)

The first coach arrived in China is a well known fitness coach from Australia. First of all, each of us players was given a test of physical fitness and then he tailor made a series of training programs for each individual player.

Zheng Jie: “We have never paid so much attention to fitness training before. Our implementation ( performance) of strategies and techniques were often restricted by the fitness problems in the past matches.
This winter, physical fitness training takes 50% of the entire training load.
“以往全队只执行一个训练计划,训练针对性不强。这次通过外教的指点,每个人都发现了自己的问题,找到改进 的办法,很有收获"
“All of us in the team used to follow the same training schedule, not designed according to each individual’s characteristics. Through the instruction of the foreign coaches, everyone has found her own problems and methods to improve, which is pretty rewarding."

The second arrival is Thomas from Sweden mainly responsible for coaching techniques. Our coaches and players have benefited a lot from his training philosophies and methods. He shortened the training time to about 4 hours, half as much as before. But he is kind cruel in terms of quality and intensity.

He often said, "You should regard each training as playing Wimbledon and be 100% concentrated." He advised the players," to think more about how to play better instead of chatting away together at break time."

Thomas: "I found the Chinese players are lack of confidence in themselves. I told Li Na she could be in top 10. She said it was too far. Compared to technique improvement, it is more important to build self-confidence. A few days ago, when I asked them to think of ways to defeat those top players like Davenport, they began to fell it was quite impossible. After a few days of discussion, they were aware that top players had their weaknesses. Now they started to think what they dared not to think before.”

2. 名人训练堂 Nike "Celebrity Training"
http://sports.163.com/06/0403/14/2DPS5K7L00051CDG.html

April 3, 2006, Beijing Tennis Center -- The legendary figure, Brad Gilbert, who has led Agassi and Roddick reach their respective heights started his three day training sessions introducing his secret of successes... Zheng/Yan also attended to observe the training and received some coaching.

Asked her the differences between national coaches and foreign coaches, Zheng said,” I think the foreign coaches can use positive ways to encourage players, telling the right method the right way so as to increase players self confidence. They do not to use the negative indoctrination to interfere with my training and judgment..."
(I reckon coach Chen Li is okay, otherwise she could not have worked with Zheng/Yan for years.)

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #3
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks 1star!
pierce0415 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #4
country flag 1star

Feel like making people surprised

喜欢让人大跌眼镜的感觉
2006-11-26 22:01:58 

Reporter: You have won two Grand Slam doubles titles, Do you think you have peaked?

Yan Zi : No Limit. Sport itself is higher, faster, stronger and better. We must always surpass ourselves.

Zheng Jie: I think nobody would expect us to win two grand slam doubles this year including ourselves. There's still big room for us to improve. Anyway, we are still young.

Reporter (to Zheng Jie) : And you have reached top33 in singles.

郑洁:之前我打到70的时候就有人说,郑洁没有什么发展,她这种打法最多也就打到50了(笑)。包括我打到 30多了还有人说,她也就打到30多了不可能进到20了。 我喜欢那种,作出突破了让人大跌眼镜的感觉。因为我从小就在这种怀疑中长大。

Zheng Jie: When I reached top 70, some people would say Zheng Jie could not achieve ever more, Her game could only bring her to top 50. And when I came to over 30, they started to say I could not enter top 20.
I feel like making people surprised with my breakthrough. I have been living in doubt since I was very young.

Reporter: You were holding your breath? 你是憋着一口气?

郑洁:也不是憋着一口气,就是现在这种怀疑已经不会干扰到我了。我有时也会上网看看,看到这种就“呵呵”笑 一下就过去了,也不会在意。而自己在突破时的那种高兴也不是因为别人曾经这样说我但我却完成了,而是因为自 己又突破了自己。
Zheng Jie: No, such doubt will not affect me any more. Sometimes I also get online to take a look. When I see such words, I just haha, have a laugh, I don’t mind. My happiness for my breakthrough is not because other people have said something. It is because I've broken through myself.

记者:那你对明年的单打有什么目标吗?
Reporter: Do you have any goals in your singles neat year?

郑洁:就希望能够稳定在30以内。一步一步来。
Zheng Jie: I hope to stay stable in top 30 and move forward step by step.

Reporter: Your also come up with a breakthrough quickly. Last year Li Na’s ranking was top33, the highest ranked in China’s history.

郑洁:奇迹都是人创造的。说难也不是说做不到,但也确实是不容易。每天训练,很枯燥,长期跟家人分别,根本 没有跟外界接触的机会,每天安排得很满。
Zheng Jie: Miracles are to be made by people. Say it is difficult, it is not that difficult. But it is not easy. Everyday we have to do training, everyday is full which is pretty boring, long time away from family life, no chance to get to the outside world.

记者: 那你们应该多跟记者接触。
Reporter: Then you can keep more in touch with the reporters.

郑洁:记者总是写出来的跟我们的本意不一样。
Zheng Jie: Reporters always write things differently from what we mean.

晏紫:嗯!我们不喜欢!比如说你要上场了记者跑来问你:“有没有信心?”或者是“你以前赢过她的”“她排名 比你低,你打她应该没有问题”,类似于这种。在你们看来好像是给她增长信心的话,但实际上是给她背了个包袱 。
Yan Zi: Ah, we don’t like it. For example: When you are going to get on court, a reporter runs up to you and says: Do you have confidence in yourself? Or you have won over her before, she ranked lower than you, You should have no problem beating her. You think you are encouraging her but you are actually adding burden on her back.

郑洁:运动员在场上承受的压力已经很大了,其实她们可能没有你们想象得那么坚强,人可能有一个承受的底线的 。你们可能会问我们“亚运会有没有给我们定目标”,其实说实话真的没有…
Zheng Jie: The players already have a lot of pressures on court. They are not so strong as you imagine. Everyone has her bottom line of endurance. You can ask if we have goals in the upcoming the Asian Games, to tell the truth, no...

记者:那明年你会还跟米尔尼配吗?
Reporter: Will you pair with Max Mirnyi again next year?

郑洁:可能配的。听托马斯说,比约克曼还想约我,但是我都跟米尔尼约好了明年继续配。
Zheng Jie: I think so. I heard from Thomas that Bjorkman also wanted to make an appoinentment with me, but I already promised Mirnyi to team up him next year.

记者:米尔尼来上海大师杯的时候说你很害羞。
At TMC Mirnyi said you are pretty shy.

郑洁:他太高大了,看长相有点儿吓人,特别不笑的时候,有点儿凶。但是一说起话来就还挺柔和的,跟长相不一 样了
Zheng Jie: He is so big. He looks awful especially when he is not smiling, a little fierce. But when he starts to talk, he sounds mild, unlike his appearance though.

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #5
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future

lol Max Mirnyi, fierce? he is called the Beast of Belarus I guess go Jie and Zi
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote