New Tammy article - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 21st, 2003, 06:27 PM   #1
bwguy

bwguy has disabled reputation
New Tammy article

Tammy to pick and choose tournaments

Published on Feb 22, 2003

Tamarine Tanasugarn arrived in Bangkok yesterday morning proudly carrying the first trophy of her career, which she claimed at the Indian Open in Hyderabad two weeks ago.

The world No 32 had been in five previous finals but lost them all before the unexpected breakthrough, in which she beat Busan Asian Games gold medallist Iroda Tulyaganova of Uzbekistan 6-4 6-4 in the final.

"I felt so proud to finally make it. The feeling was indescribable at that moment. It was so great,'' said Tamarine, who lost to the same rival in the Asian Games women's singles final. It took Tammy almost 10 years to have a career title of her own since turning pro in 1994.

The spotlight soon disappeared and a dark period followed the Thai star. Two days after those victorious moments in Hyderabad, she crashed out in the first round of a tournament in Qatar, losing to an unknown Maria Vento-Kabachi of Venezuela 2-6 2-6.

"I was exhausted from playing a series of matches coming to Qatar. I had little time to prepare for that match and I could not adjust myself to the condition,'' said Tamarine about her early round loss in Qatar, where she was a runner-up to Monica Seles in 2002.

On Wednesday the Thai went down to world No 10 Anastasia Myskina of Russia 3-6 2-6 in the second round of the Dubai Open after a tough 5-7 7-5 6-4 victory over Indonesian star Angelique Widjaja in the opening round.

"I had a good match against Angie but lost to Myskina in round two. When I play week in and week out, it will be tough for my body. I tend to have poor results if I play too many matches. That's why I am considering changing my schedule a little bit in the next few weeks,'' said the 25-year-old.

After a brief rest at home, Tamarine will enter two WTA Tier I tournaments, in Indian Wells and Miami, in early March. If she gets good results in the two events, she may skip clay court events in the US to rest her body for the Fed Cup Zone Asia-Oceania Group I in Japan later in March.

Meanwhile in Bangalore, India, Monthinee Tangpong and Wilawan Choptang's wonderful runs in the US$10,000 ITF Women's Circuit came to an end after their losses in the quarter-final yesterday.

Monthinee went down to India's Megha Vakharia 0-6 7-6(7-3) 4-6 and Wilawan fell to South Korean fourth-seed Hong Da-jong 6-3 2-6 5-7.

Lerpong Amsa-ngiam

THE NATION
bwguy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2003, 08:14 PM   #2
country flag TammysBigSis
Team WTAworld

TammysBigSis has disabled reputation
Kob khun ka (thanks!), bwguy!

2010 HP Open CHAMPION 2008 & 2009 Ordina Open CHAMPION2003 Indian Open Inaugural CHAMPION
Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Tammy's Big Sis [Yes, I really AM Tammy's big sis!]
TammysBigSis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 03:14 PM   #3
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 09:10 AM   #4
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 11:28 PM   #5
Curtis F

Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light Curtis F is a glorious beacon of light
I was so happy for Tammy and beating Iroda, a solid player, was a fantastic effort. Any pics of Tammy and the trophy? If you have them please post whenever it's convenient. Thank you!
Curtis F is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 12:05 AM   #6
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future
Arrow Hello Curtis F,

Quote:
I was so happy for Tammy and beating Iroda, a solid player, was a fantastic effort. Any pics of Tammy and the trophy? If you have them please post whenever it's convenient. Thank you!
You can find Tammy's news (winning her first title and pics in Indian Open 2003) in "Tammy's Official Cheering Thread".

See more Tammy's photo gallery of Indian Open 2003. please join Tamarine's Yahoo! group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamarine/join

Directly go to Files/Photos where you can see lof of Tammy and Paradorn's pics. Hope all of you enjoy seeing photo album.

I also have been uploading many Tammy's pics in http://photos.wtastarz.com/showgalle...at=996&thumb=1

Have fun.
Jiro from Bangkok
Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 04:20 AM   #7
bilbo

bilbo is an unknown quantity at this point bilbo is an unknown quantity at this point bilbo is an unknown quantity at this point bilbo is an unknown quantity at this point bilbo is an unknown quantity at this point bilbo is an unknown quantity at this point bilbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Tammy
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #8
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Bump
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote