Fed Cup team selected - Jelena won't play - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 05:59 PM   #1
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Fed Cup team selected - Jelena won't play

According to b92.net, it will be Ana Ivanovic, Ana Timotic, Ana Veselinovic and Danica Krstajic. Jelena Jankovic will not play. I don't know about this... Jelena is in poor form now but she's always given her all in Fed Cup and that could have helped her to regain her confidence.
And yet again we don't have a good 2nd player... Timotic has been bad this year, Danica has has a very disappointing season so far and Veselinovic is very inexperienced.
I don't think we'll go through.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 07:04 AM   #2
country flag Ana&Jelena Fan

Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of
Expected and dissapointed at the same time. I know that Jeca is not in good shape, but playing for her own country and being with her friends will maybe help her. She could also play some matches against girls who are out of top200 and probably could make some win and that could help her... I can`t beleive she doesn`t play because she avoids Ana. This was great chance for our girls and for Jelena, but...

I have to find new avatar.

Jelena Jankovic

Vojislava Lukic

Good luck to: Davenport, Srebotnik, Kirilenko, Kostanic, Mirza and Serbian DC squad (Djokovic, Tipsarevic, Zimonjic, Bozoljac, Pashanski and Troicki)
Ana&Jelena Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 07:35 AM   #3
country flag Belco
TennisHaven

Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana&Jelena Fan
Expected and dissapointed at the same time. I know that Jeca is not in good shape, but playing for her own country and being with her friends will maybe help her. She could also play some matches against girls who are out of top200 and probably could make some win and that could help her... I can`t beleive she doesn`t play because she avoids Ana. This was great chance for our girls and for Jelena, but...

I have to find new avatar.
LOL @ needing a new avatar
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #4
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute
So that means more pressure on Ana's shoulders

As for Jelena... yeah I really think playing some ITFs wouldn't be that bad idea. At the beggining of the year Marta played poorly too and she went to play 75k Ortisei and she got to the finals there. After that she scored some nice wins (vs Anabel and Finals in Memphis). Jelena needs some wins to get her confidence back
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 11:54 PM   #5
country flag Belco
TennisHaven

Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute Belco has a reputation beyond repute
aha
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 05:41 AM   #6
country flag G~Playa

G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute G~Playa has a reputation beyond repute
ah well..its jus..Fed Cup..

DR. DRE - BUSTA RHYMES - RAEKWON - 50 CENT - EVE | Aftermath Entertainment | BISHOP LAMONT - EMINEM - G.A.G.E - STAT QUO - DION

Lyrically Insane
You Already Know What It's About, When I Run Up In Your House & Put The Gun Up In Ya Mouth & Take The Money Out The Couch..
G~Playa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 06:53 AM   #7
country flag Belco
TennisHaven

ye only fed cup
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:18 AM   #8
country flag **Jelica**

**Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future
Find the Veselinovic decision a bit surprising... I know she's young, but there are higher ranked girls of around the same age. It's very disappointing Jeca won't play but I am not surprised because the whole thing seems to be a bit of a mess to be honest.

Oh well, all we can do is to support those who are there and cheer for them to do the best they may!

ALLEZ JUSTINE!

Јелена Јанковић Keep it going!
**Jelica** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:44 AM   #9
country flag **Jelica**

**Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future
(another thing, why not Tea Mircic, who is roughly the same age, higher ranked in both singles and dubs and has better race standings, etc.)

ALLEZ JUSTINE!

Јелена Јанковић Keep it going!
**Jelica** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #10
country flag Ana&Jelena Fan

Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of Ana&Jelena Fan has much to be proud of
If Jeca were in Bulgaria (she needn`t play) we`ll be 1st seeded and we would have easier oponents in our group, but we`ll have 7th ranking and if we will have one team with better ranking in our group.

Jelena Jankovic

Vojislava Lukic

Good luck to: Davenport, Srebotnik, Kirilenko, Kostanic, Mirza and Serbian DC squad (Djokovic, Tipsarevic, Zimonjic, Bozoljac, Pashanski and Troicki)
Ana&Jelena Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote