Tuesday, November 8, 2005 OOP & Scores - Page 100 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2005, 06:38 AM   #1486
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Uh, I was late lol.

Congrats Lindsay

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2005, 08:20 AM   #1487
country flag Catheryn 3

Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light Catheryn 3 is a glorious beacon of light
Just got back from the matches tonight and reading all the posts here, a few comments:

* you guys didn't see this in the video feed otherwise you would have talked about it but Amelie and Elena were in the crowd watching the matches, they sat a few rows in front of me. First was Amelie with prolly her coach for the Kim v Mary match. Left half way thru match. Then I saw Elena and her mom/coach come and sit around same area, also watching Kim v Mary match . Then Amelie came back and sat 2 seats away from Elena, lol. Close quarters since they just played a tough 3-set match a few days ago. Saw Natalie Dechy walking by these rows around this time too. I asked for her autograph and asked if she was here to support her fellow French players and she said no, lol. Elena stayed thru most of Maria v Patty match then went to locker room. I believe Elena's mom stayed to the middle of the Lindsey v Nadia match.

* Mary was on fire the 1st set, not that Kim played a great match, but it also reminded me of her play in San Diego where Ai Sugiyama had no chance with her shots. Crowd was evenly pro Kim and pro Mary, like here in the boards, lol .

* Unfortunately this event doesn't draw very well, even last year when Serena was playing. By the time Lindsey's match came on, there was only like 20% of the crowd left, which wasn't a huge number to start with . I felt bad for Nadia, not playing her best game and in front of a heavily pro-Lindsey crowd. This match didn't even start till almost 1030pm, a time which most people thought all 3 matches would be over and they'd be heading home considering the 6pm start time.

* It's lame that ESPN2 didn't carry the first match of Kim v Mary which was a great match. They won't carry the first match tomorrow night too, Mary v Elena which should be as drama filled as the last few times they've played. Considering this is the top 8 players, ALL matches are potentially fantastic matches, not like round 1 or 2 in a regular tourny
Catheryn 3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #1488
country flag Kunal

Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute
i wish venus was in this tourny...it would have certainly spiced things up a bit
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 08:58 AM   #1489
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catheryn 3
Just got back from the matches tonight and reading all the posts here, a few comments:

* you guys didn't see this in the video feed otherwise you would have talked about it but Amelie and Elena were in the crowd watching the matches, they sat a few rows in front of me. First was Amelie with prolly her coach for the Kim v Mary match. Left half way thru match. Then I saw Elena and her mom/coach come and sit around same area, also watching Kim v Mary match . Then Amelie came back and sat 2 seats away from Elena, lol. Close quarters since they just played a tough 3-set match a few days ago. Saw Natalie Dechy walking by these rows around this time too. I asked for her autograph and asked if she was here to support her fellow French players and she said no, lol. Elena stayed thru most of Maria v Patty match then went to locker room. I believe Elena's mom stayed to the middle of the Lindsey v Nadia match.

* Mary was on fire the 1st set, not that Kim played a great match, but it also reminded me of her play in San Diego where Ai Sugiyama had no chance with her shots. Crowd was evenly pro Kim and pro Mary, like here in the boards, lol .

* Unfortunately this event doesn't draw very well, even last year when Serena was playing. By the time Lindsey's match came on, there was only like 20% of the crowd left, which wasn't a huge number to start with . I felt bad for Nadia, not playing her best game and in front of a heavily pro-Lindsey crowd. This match didn't even start till almost 1030pm, a time which most people thought all 3 matches would be over and they'd be heading home considering the 6pm start time.

* It's lame that ESPN2 didn't carry the first match of Kim v Mary which was a great match. They won't carry the first match tomorrow night too, Mary v Elena which should be as drama filled as the last few times they've played. Considering this is the top 8 players, ALL matches are potentially fantastic matches, not like round 1 or 2 in a regular tourny
Interesting....thanks for the report... Very funny that Amelie and Lena sat just a few seats away from each other. I guess players are used to it. Why didn't you ask for their autograph or maybe tried to talk to them? And Why did Lena go to the locker room? To congratulate Maria? ...And what were Amelie's and Elena's reactions while they were watching the matches? They probably tried to get pointers from Mary on how to play Kim. Are you watching tomorrow's matches as well?
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #1490
country flag Piggy

Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold Piggy is a splendid one to behold
I was very very late! but Congratulation to Maria Sharapova!
Piggy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 02:22 PM   #1491
LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Patty
Awful match
Bye bye semis
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 04:33 PM   #1492
country flag Sandra.P

Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future Sandra.P has a brilliant future
This was a horrible tournament start, my two favorites Kim and Patty lost

But I think Kim will win the next two matches, let's hope that it was just the jetlag, like she said

It would be great if Patty won against Davenport and Petrova, a nice revenge for Zurich and Linz Well hope dies last...

Justine Henin | Kim Clijsters | Elena Dementieva | Martina Hingis
Sandra.P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 06:36 PM   #1493
country flag Happy928

Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold Happy928 is a splendid one to behold
aaa
Happy928 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote