USO tickets question? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #1
country flag cometz9

cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute
USO tickets question?

If i have tickets for a Day session at Arthur Ashe Stadium, do i need to buy Grounds Admission Pass to see the matches on the outer courts? I know if you buy a grounds pass, you get to see watch the outer courts except the show courts. But if i only have tickets for the show courts, can i also use them as grounds passes?
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #2
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute
No you don't. That is included in the price of your ticket
pierce0415 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 02:31 PM   #3
country flag cometz9

cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, i didn't know that, i thought u have to buy both. i'm thinking of going this year, it would be my first time seeing live tennis.

So it would be best to buy those Arthur Ashe tickets instead of the grounds passes? I don't plan on sticking around when they have a mens match on the show courts.
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 02:40 PM   #4
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute
If you are going during the first week, i would just buy grounds passes because there are many big names on the outer courts (like Louis Armstrong Stadium and Grandstand). Non Americans like Kim, Justine, Marat, Lleyton, Mary, Amelie, Russians will definitely be out there

If you are going during the 2nd week, it may be worth it to buy Arthur Ashe but it will be expensive
pierce0415 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 03:01 PM   #5
country flag cometz9

Thanks again, i think i'll get the grounds passes instead like u said i bet they'll put andre, andy, roger, nadal, and sharapova on arthur ashe while venus and serena will be on the outer courts.
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #6
clonesheep

clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometz9
If i have tickets for a Day session at Arthur Ashe Stadium, do i need to buy Grounds Admission Pass to see the matches on the outer courts? I know if you buy a grounds pass, you get to see watch the outer courts except the show courts. But if i only have tickets for the show courts, can i also use them as grounds passes?
You don't need a ground pass if you have a ticket to Arthur Ashe Stadium. A ticket to Arthur Ashe is basically a ground pass plus a reserved seat at Ashe Stadium. During the first week, especially the first 4 days (round 1 and 2), most of the actions are on the outside courts so it doesn't matter if you have access to Ashe. (You will miss one or two women's matches during the day.) On the other hand, the cheapest ticket to Ashe Stadium is only about $8 more expensive than a ground pass. Essentially, you pay just extra $8 for a cheap seat at Ashe so why not?
clonesheep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 04:18 PM   #7
country flag cometz9

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonesheep
You don't need a ground pass if you have a ticket to Arthur Ashe Stadium. A ticket to Arthur Ashe is basically a ground pass plus a reserved seat at Ashe Stadium. During the first week, especially the first 4 days (round 1 and 2), most of the actions are on the outside courts so it doesn't matter if you have access to Ashe. (You will miss one or two women's matches during the day.) On the other hand, the cheapest ticket to Ashe Stadium is only about $8 more expensive than a ground pass. Essentially, you pay just extra $8 for a cheap seat at Ashe so why not?
i plan on going the first 2 days and i checked the prices and Arthur Ashe tickets are only $48 for day session (cheapest) and grounds passes are $43 for the first week so i think it's wise to buy those Ashe tickets, hopefully Venus, Serena, or Lindsay will play on Ashe on one of those days.

Do you think i should buy the tickets online or there at the box office?

Thanks
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #8
clonesheep

clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometz9
i plan on going the first 2 days and i checked the prices and Arthur Ashe tickets are only $48 for day session (cheapest) and grounds passes are $43 for the first week so i think it's wise to buy those Ashe tickets, hopefully Venus, Serena, or Lindsay will play on Ashe on one of those days.

Do you think i should buy the tickets online or there at the box office?

Thanks
It doesn't matter where you buy the tickets. The price is about the same I guess. If you buy tickets in advance it will save you some time. There's usually a long line at the entrance and sometimes those who already have tickets have separate lines that go faster. Remember that you can also buy tickets at your local Ticketmaster outlets. You will get the tickets right away and with no charge for shipping/handling.
clonesheep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote