Friday Report (What a damn long day...) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 20th, 2005, 01:06 AM   #1
country flag Paldias

Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future Paldias has a brilliant future
Arrow Friday Report (What a damn long day...)

Well today was my third day at the Rogers Cup, and I have to say it was probably one of the best in terms of quality of the matches and autographs and players seen.

I like many assumed that it would pour all morning, however I was very upset to find out that when I showed up 30 min. later then the matches were supposed to start that there had been no rain and that it was 5-3 Myskina in the first set of the first match on Centre Court.

My friends dad did something for York University so for the first time in my life I was in one of the boxes. It was so cool, free drinks, free food, awesome time! As I began to sit down for the Myskina match I finally understood why the umpire is always going on about the 'Quiet please, especially to the skyboxes'...when I arrived more than half of the people were drunk at 11:30 am .

When I sat down and actually began to pay attention to the match I was impressed by two things: how solid Myskina's strokes were (even though there were some loose ones) and how good Gisela Dulko's forehand is. I was really impressed by the quality of the match, however, I'm almost positive Myskina had a bit of a mental let down when she was up 5-4 in the second set. Myskina proved too much with her placement while Dulko sort of blew up in the end with her errors. It was a good watch from where I watched, and quite interesting too with the amount of times Myskina would scream After the match I tried to go get an autograph but I was too late because it took too long to get down such is life I guess!

After the match I decided to walk around the grounds and look for players and try and get some autographs. I saw Sharon Fichman at the practise courts and she was really hitting it nicely. Just one over was Nicole Vaidisova practising her serve and then I saw Anna-Lena Groenfeld doing these crazy drills that made me believe that her coach is a crazy man. It was exhausting even too watch. As I continued on I saw Sesil Karatancheva practising on Court no. 1 and damn does she hit it hard. She seems like a really cool girl, and was flirting with the guy she was hitting with to the max. My god it was crazy, but it was really funny too because once people would leave and I was the only one watching her he would say 'Looks like no one likes you' and then she would say 'Mmmhmmm' and start laughing. I was actually surprised on how good her english was and how nice she was, fooling around with her dad and hitting partner, it was really nice to see.

As I continued on I saw Hantuchova/Sugiyama playing doubles. The match really didn't interest me because there was too much of a line to get into and I didn't feel like waiting around so I continued on to Court no. 2 where I saw Nadia Petrova practising. She was having a lot of fun with her hitting partner and everytime she would walk by me she would NOT look it at me, it was kind of mean at first. Once she was done I walked up to her and asked her for her autograph and thankfully she was nice and gave it to me. I told her 'Good luck' and she looked at me and said 'Thanks'. That was nice

As I was walking back I noticed that Anna-Lena Groenfeld was going to practise again with Martina Navratilova I was so surprised on how well she was hitting after doing all those crazy drills. After looking dumb-founded at Groenefeld I heard the announcer saying KIMMMMMMMMMMM CLIJSTERSSSSSS so I ran as fast as I could to the Center Court. I noticed however on my way back that Nicole was still practising (damn these girls work hard).

Once I arrived Clijsters was up a quick 2-0, and just kept going. I really knew that this was going to be a blow out when Clijsters was smacking the crap out of it and Pennetta just wasn't doing anything, at all. After the 6-0 set occured I expected a double bagel. I am almost convinced that Kim gave her a game because it was the most random errors. I think it was like 3 doubles faults and a backhand error. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen because the second after that happened it was back to hitting crazy winners and amazing shots. At 6-0 5-1 I decided that this time I would go early to get her autograph near the bottom of the court. Once I arrived the match was over and I got Kim's autograph. She was really nice about it too, but some fans are just rude! There was this kid that wanted his picture taken with Kim and all of these adults kept saying no I won't take it and the security people kept saying no pictures and Kim was like 'Just let the kid have a picture'. So I stepped forward and took the picture it was so odd, because usually I stay out of these kind of things but the people were being ridicoulous

After that Petrova and Mauresmo came on. I knew that this would be a great match however I was worried that since the rain had missed us for two matches that we would get rained on. And of course at 4-4 15-15 we did! I was really upset. I sat around for almost two hours waiting for it to stop, but it never did and the court was flooded! It was crazy, the side places where the camera was completely filled and to create some entertainment the Ballboys and Ballgirls plus some officials started to swim on the court, it was so funny They started throwing wet balls out, it was a lot of fun to pass the time! Then Kim came out kicked some water around and we were all like 'DO IT!!!' and she was like 'DO WHAT???' it was so funny...

After she left I began to get bored because the rain just wouldn't stop, so I decided to head home even though I now realize that if I had stayed around for maybe another hour or so I would be still watching Petrova-Mauresmo, oh well I guess

Fun day anyway! Looking forward to see the Semi-Finals in person tomorrow
Paldias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2005, 04:59 PM   #2
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the report
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #3
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks.