Why does Mary Carillo hate the Williams sisters? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:13 PM   #16
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miching~Mallecho
I don’t think she hates them.
I just think she dislikes them because their life doesn’t revolve around tennis.
She expects them to eat, breathe and sleep tennis like most players.
She can’t seem to stand the fact that they can be successful in the game without being fully committed.

Plus…she’s a bitch major bitch...
I would agree with everything said above.

Mary has the same disease that many "never was" athletes have.

They think
, "I had to work so hard to get that little slice of the pie
" (in her case that would be a crumb that fell off Johnny Mac's friggin' plate) "and these bitches come along, don't pay their dues in the juniors and blow past my acheivements and they don't even 'love the sport' like I did."

As an athlete who played 3 sports at the college level, to various levels of success, I have encountered numerous frustrated non jocks (the Rudies) who have said the same kind of crap to me, "if I was as big as you or as fast as you, I'd be so much better than you because I want it more."

Simple answer, when you don't have talent you work hard not because you want it more, you work hard because if you don't, you don't play at all.

Mary is just a bitter Rudy with a Microphone.

If you don't do it "her way" or "the way she would have done it if she was you", you're not doing it right.

I was there when the ALL BLACKS won the World Cup in 2011!!!

"I don't know that I changed all that much. They just found somebody worse." - Aging tennis bad boy Jimmy Connors, referring to John McEnroe, in 1984.

There can never be too many "Sister Slams!"
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #17
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think her being critical of them (or anyone) equates with her "hating" them or anyone else. I think Carillo does take herself a little too seriously, though. Surely she gets that from John McEnroe who should never commentate on a women's tennis match since he rarely talks about the MATCH!

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #18
country flag Blonde_Ambition7

Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute Blonde_Ambition7 has a reputation beyond repute
i don't believe Carillo hates the WS's at all. I think her commentary is fair and accurate and some people just don't want to hear it. She can say something as innocent as "Venus needs to get her forehand together if she wants to improve" and people go crazy and say she's hating on Venus.

When they're doing well her commentary reflects that. But when they're doing bad why should she sit there and pretend they're not? I think she's honest about them. The tennis world expects them to do their best all of the time and when they're not playing well the commentators get really critical. Doesn't mean they hate them.

Blonde_Ambition7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #19
country flag GorgeousMe!

GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice GorgeousMe! is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUSA#1
I am a big V+S fan, but I am in the minority in the belief that Mary does NOT hate the sisters. I think she has high expectations for both of them (and all of the other elite players) and when they don't live up to them she can critical, but it def. is not hate. I think she admires them both actually.
Maybe Mary thinks that they have squandered their talent and under achived compared to what they could have done. But I am sure she is alone in that thought.
GorgeousMe! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #20
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Mary doesnt hate them. I think Mary, often speaks the truth about every player
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #21
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Mary doesnt HATE the sisters, that is a strong word.

However, she does hold them to a higher standardb than other players, is pretty quick to denigrate thgem and their chances, and is inconsistent with her commentary. So to a fan of Serena's, thats hating, but not hatred.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:40 PM   #22
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
She does not hate the sisters. She feels frustrated that they have so much talent and promise and could be truly greater than steffi and martina only if they in her mind drop everything else and focus solely on tennis.

No television shows.
No interior design business.
No Aneres.
No award shows.
No movie primiers.

Etc. etc.

of course this will never happen and so she's harder on them than most players.
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #23
country flag ampers&
Senior Bitch.

ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin @ 3:01pm
She hates them because she doesnt think that they give back enough to tennis or that they are committed enough to the sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin @ 3:34pm
Mary doesnt HATE the sisters, that is a strong word.However, she does hold them to a higher standardb than other players, is pretty quick to denigrate thgem and their chances, and is inconsistent with her commentary. So to a fan of Serena's, thats hating, but not hatred.

Which one is it?? Do you think she "hates" them or is she just "hating?"
ampers& is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #24
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.
Mary doesnt HATE the sisters, that is a strong word.

However, she does hold them to a higher standardb than other players, is pretty quick to denigrate thgem and their chances, and is inconsistent with her commentary. So to a fan of Serena's, thats hating, but not hatred.
Good explanation for me.

For me, be consistent across the board with all the players and it may not be such a problem for people. But I will always remember something she said that pretty much sums her up to me. When Venus won her Wimbledon semi, Mary said other people, her included had decided something for Venus that wasn't true. So whenever she speaks on something that I feel is unfair or negative I just remember what she said then and what she probably knows she tends to do when talking about either Venus or Serena.
Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #25
country flag meyerpl

meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy who can and will find something negative to say about everybody? Or do I have her confused with someone else?
meyerpl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #26
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
What I most dislike about Mary is that when the sisters are playing bad she's all, "they can't commit to tennis, they have too many outside interests," but when they win she shuts up and doesnt offer any compliments.

Or even worse: during a match she will offer tactics how to beat venus or serena but not who one would beat whoever they are playing. Its ridiculous.
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #27
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miching~Mallecho

Which one is it?? Do you think she "hates" them or is she just "hating?"
The last one, nut!
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #28
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute
meyerpl- Yes, you have Mary Carillo confused with YOU!!
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 08:09 PM   #29
country flag meyerpl

meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
meyerpl- Yes, you have Mary Carillo confused with YOU!!
Wow. That's some real creative writing, thrust.
meyerpl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 08:14 PM   #30
country flag ampers&
Senior Bitch.

ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.
The last one, nut!
Alrighty...just makin sure...
ampers& is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote