Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 3 - Page 261 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 12:22 AM   #3901
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 3

It's always great to see a player comes back to success after a tough time .. Very happy that Wozniacki won that .. I expected she has better chances than Sharapova ..
I wanted Simona to lose the 2nd ranking but other players don't want that

As usual I hope this kind of results be good for Simona . Gives her the confidence and the believing in her chances .. And If Wozniacki plays like that after very long time of struggling , So It's easier for Simona to get back her game after afew tough weeks

I think I will take some days off from the forum here till Simona's returning to the court .. Keep cheering for simona with all your heart guys

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 03:27 AM   #3902
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

The top seeds continue to fall apart. JJ falls to 17-year-old Belinda Bencic. That means only 3 top 10 seeds remain.
phantomplayer89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 03:43 AM   #3903
country flag Razzy

Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice
I soooo much root for Caro to win the whole thing. I saw her live with Petko and she totally deserved to win that game, as well as the one with Maria.

I got heartbroken when Simona lost but I slowly get back.
Did not read any posts for the past 2 days, too much pain. But I realize now that Simona suffered the most and we should support her unconditionally. No matter how much pain I endured, she deserves my love and support no matter what.
Razzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 04:16 AM   #3904
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejaviergud View Post
Seeing how Sara destroy Baroni, Simona just had to keep the ball in play to her backhand and wait for the UE's, today Mirjana comits 69
Sara didn't destroy Mirjana -- she was just a spectator like the rest of us. Mirjana played a great second set (much like the second set against Simona) and just ran out of gas in the third. She has not had to play this many matches in who knows how long. The theory that Sara's slower pace affected Mirjana might have some validity, but Sara's game didn't change the whole match.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 09:49 AM   #3905
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

God, JJ ) I say it to Caro to play u on your FH , not to Bencic ) I gues that she heard , sry JJ Less emotions for Caro )
But my surprise is Lucie. How could u ? Against China wonder girl ? >.< God Lucie , dear GOD ! I`ve seen the stats and from them, wonder girl seemed that she played better , Lucie didn`t play bad either , i`m mad because i didn`t watch the match to see wtf happened. I suspect Lucie entering in her mental blockage .. Eh well , it`s done. In one night , 2 of 3 from my favs are gone (

Now this , for Simona is become a wasted opportunity right now. Almost a walk in a park like Na Li had at AO . If Serena flop in her path to the semis, this , in another Universe could be her first GS

"Iíve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed.
Iíve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan
UCLA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 09:49 AM   #3906
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

So happy for Belinda and Caroline... but the way the bottom half of the draw is falling apart Halep must be kicking herself.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 09:52 AM   #3907
country flag CVB

CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light CVB is a glorious beacon of light

According to this article:

http://adevarul.ro/news/sport/us-ope...150/index.html

Simona will play in Tokyo...

It would be a good thing!
CVB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 10:13 AM   #3908
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVB View Post
According to this article:

http://adevarul.ro/news/sport/us-ope...150/index.html

Simona will play in Tokyo...

It would be a good thing!
Stupid mass media!! Don't believe them, they have no information. Simona will not play in Tokyo. They also mention Moscow there! I think they took a look on the tournaments she played last year. Interesting they didn't mention Sofia too.
george2210 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 10:22 AM   #3909
country flag Markmen
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
So happy for Belinda and Caroline... but the way the bottom half of the draw is falling apart Halep must be kicking herself.
Yes was thinking the same things. She can belt Wozzs and Errani. Would have loved to see her play Serena. I have to wait.
2014: W CYP (S) Paris; Doha; Stuttgart. (D): (Spencer.) Indian Wells; Madrid; Strasbourg. Tipping (S) Birmingham; (D) (mariusz_pol) Cincinnati; Miami; Indian Wells; Madrid; Rome; French Open. Q-Ball Rome; Strasbourg; Baku Triathalon Oeiras; Nurnberg; Birmingham. R/U FITD (S) Rio; (D) Indian Wells. CYP (D) (Spencer.) Paris; Birmingham. (S) Katowice; Doha; French Open; Stanford. Tipping (D) (mariusz_pol) Aust Open; Doha; Wimbledon; Montreal. Triathalon Eastbourne.
2013: W Tipping (D) (mariusz_pol) Beijing; USO. (S) Bastad. CYP (D) (Spencer.) US Open; Guangzhou; Linz. FITD Oeiras. RANKINGS Pentathlon = 11 Tipping (S) = 16 (D) (mariusz_pol) = 1 FITD (S) = 26
(D) = 11 CYP (S) = 3 CYP (D) (Spencer.) = 1 QBall = 17
Markmen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 11:48 AM   #3910
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmen View Post
Yes was thinking the same things. She can belt Wozzs and Errani. Would have loved to see her play Serena. I have to wait.
But you can never be sure of that. Is a Woz in this form really an easier match-up than Sharapova? I'm not convinced. I think Simona would agree. We as tennis fans tend to look at the reputation of a player and her career achievements. But Simona wouldn' be playing against whatever said player has done in the past but against whatever she can bring to the table on the day. And Woz got it exactly right yesterday. Her defense was truly exceptional, but she also went on the attack at exactly the right moments. And I feared that she would start choking when she was in a position to win, but instead she upped her level even more. The Woz we saw yesterday would be very hard to beat for anyone.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 11:57 AM   #3911
country flag Renegade65

Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold Renegade65 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But you can never be sure of that. Is a Woz in this form really an easier match-up than Sharapova? I'm not convinced. I think Simona would agree. We as tennis fans tend to look at the reputation of a player and her career achievements. But Simona wouldn' be playing against whatever said player has done in the past but against whatever she can bring to the table on the day. And Woz got it exactly right yesterday. Her defense was truly exceptional, but she also went on the attack at exactly the right moments. And I feared that she would start choking when she was in a position to win, but instead she upped her level even more. The Woz we saw yesterday would be very hard to beat for anyone.
I agree, it's not a given that Simona would have won against Caro in their current form.
But nevertheless Simona should have reached the QF with her draw... That would have gave her more time to get in better form.

Justine Henin
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 11:58 AM   #3912
country flag SmilingKnight

SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice SmilingKnight is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Given their respective forms, Woz would have been the favorite, but at least she's not a bad matchup for Simona (i.e., she's not powerful and aggressive like the three players that beat Simona these past three weeks), and she doesn't have the psychological edge over her that Sharapova has.
SmilingKnight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 12:17 PM   #3913
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade65 View Post
I agree, it's not a given that Simona would have won against Caro in their current form.
But nevertheless Simona should have reached the QF with her draw... That would have gave her more time to get in better form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingKnight View Post
Given their respective forms, Woz would have been the favorite, but at least she's not a bad matchup for Simona (i.e., she's not powerful and aggressive like the three players that beat Simona these past three weeks), and she doesn't have the psychological edge over her that Sharapova has.
Well, it's true that Caroline wouldn't have the psychological edge that Maria has. But other than that it would be pretty much 50/50 if it's "peak vs peak" but 60/40 in Caro's favor going on current form.

On another note, I think that Caroline and Simona are arguably the two nicest girls among the top players on tour today. One major difference between the two imo is however that Simona is very shy and introverted and that she doesn't enjoy the spotlight. Caroline on the other hand is an extrovert and doesn't mind - even enjoys being in the spotlight. I think that's something that Simona will have come to terms with. She's a star now. But all of this is very new to her of course and she will get used to it in the long run.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 12:39 PM   #3914
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

That match because it will never happen in this tournament , we can only speculate , and we will never know for sure what could happen. The rest is futile to discuss.
Gl this tournament to Caro , GL to Simona in her future tournaments.

"Iíve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed.
Iíve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan
UCLA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 01:03 PM   #3915
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
That match because it will never happen in this tournament , we can only speculate , and we will never know for sure what could happen. The rest is futile to discuss.
Gl this tournament to Caro , GL to Simona in her future tournaments.
Sure - just making conversation. It's entirely possible that one would kick the other ones butt. We don't know. I am sure that barring injuries Simona WILL win a slam.