USO'14 - We have been to Hell and brought it with us - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 03:52 AM   #1051
country flag midaso

midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all
Re: USO'14 - We have been to Hell and brought it with us

Forget Errani,but I think Caro could have easily lost to Bencic/Peng IF it hadn't been a semi final,but since either of them would choke in a big match like that,you can pretty much pencil her into the final now...
midaso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 04:03 AM   #1052
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a bit of my input on the match...

Maria was no different to how she's been most of the year.

She got outlasted at the end. Well, most of her losses this year have been no different. She's only three times in straight sets this year, the two times to Serena and that one to Ana in Rome.

The rest of the defeats are just showing that despite she can bullshit her way through matches and three setters. She's just not the same when it comes to final sets anymore. Which is disappointing considering how good she used to be.

Wozniacki played really well by her standards and did what she does best.

The way Maria came playing and played today (bar the second set) wasn't gonna be enough to beat this Wozniacki unfortunately. She has played Caroline so many times in the past, I'm sure she knows what to expect.

Whereas this a good draw wasted.... It is, but it's done. There's only Wuhan, Beijing, and the YEC left.

Who knows if Maria will even bother to show up to China considering she's already qualified. But I'm hoping she does because she'll just earn points. Those points that she magically wasted in Canada and now here.

A lot of questions regarding Sven.. Well, I agree. Haven't really seen progress, this season is about to end and Maria just hasn't improved. (Ironically, she won a slam after all so we should be happy at her gut and fight during the clay season).
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 04:34 AM   #1053
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
The positive thing is that even when she is no.1 in the race right now, she can still gain points in many tournaments next year. She will only have to defend big points in a few tournaments like RG, Madrid, Miami, Cincy and Stuttgart. That's all Can gain many points in AO, Wim, USO, IW, Doha, Madrid and Toronto.
I thought it last year
To be honest, this year only bright side is clay season, fighting in every match to stay in Top 10 and won a GS,
And RG champion still have great year than AO and Wimbledon champion
US open is almost over for me, I will only watch women's final (if both Serena and Wozniacki not here) and men's final (if Federer in final)
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 05:22 AM   #1054
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light

Firstly,not one match that I've watched of Maria at the US Open I've seen the crowd being behind Maria her.Always the other opponent.I can understand if it's an American or someone now and then that they like,but probably only 20%,and even less were behind her today and throughout the whole tournament.So New York can go fuck themselves

Secondly,I don't know why but never once this year have I been mad at Maria when she loses a match,just devastated and irritated with the other opponent.The way Wozniacki was in that third set,lifting her arms in the air and telling the crowd to scream harder for her,just utterly irritated.I'm just gonna let it go right here,I don't wanna be that idiot that insults other tennis players.

Thirdly,I kinda have sympathy with Maria.It's not easy playing tennis.We don't know what's going on in her head.She was brainless today from our point of view,I mean what happened in that third set,she just allowed that person to dominate her.Her always hitting her swing volleys back at people and never moving to the net drives me insane.Still,I'm not really mad at her at all.Probably because I know her game will start clicking soon.And some of you are too obsessed with perfection.I can name thousands of tennis players and point out that their games also hasn't improved and they are also declining.Just wait and be patient.

Lastly,Serena dear,please don't fuck this up,PLEASE.Just win this whole thing now.I will literally die if Wozniacki wins this with her woman beating father.Just please school these bitches left in the tournament.
2014 French Open
2004 Wimbledon
2006 US Open

Joan Rivers 1933-2014 R.I.P
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 05:34 AM   #1055
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Next is Wuhan, Beijing, YEC
all in hard court, Maria better rest 1 week and ready
Suicide Tennis
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 05:40 AM   #1056
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute
I had high hopes after the 2nd set then i fell asleep. I was do sure she would pull through. Then i woke up to this.

What the fuck maria. I love u lots still but what a wasted draw shouldve been number 6 really.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 05:49 AM   #1057
Crux Squall

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
I had high hopes after the 2nd set then i fell asleep. I was do sure she would pull through. Then i woke up to this.

What the fuck maria. I love u lots still but what a wasted draw shouldve been number 6 really.
Why wasted draw, I said it many time before, It's tennis anything can happen, especially she is Maria Sharapova, Please one match at time.
Suicide Tennis
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:18 AM   #1058
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by badynery View Post
Winning this would have meant a free pass to the finals, and a great boost in rankings.

I don't deal well at all with her losses in Grand Slams, broke my lamp for AO, threw a glass at the floor at Wimby, but now just stood there empty.
Get help.

I hope this loss will spur her on and we will see great things next year. My expectations for the rest of the year are pretty low, she should have some decent results but as soon as she faces any kind of top-level opponent it really is a free for all.
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:50 AM   #1059
country flag niovela

niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light niovela is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post

That's going to haunt her for a while. She had a bye to the final, plenty of points to win and she loses to Woz.
Knowing Maria she probably knew she had a big chance to reach the final so obviously she found a way to flop. Never change Maria
niovela is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:08 AM   #1060
country flag KK2009

KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all

A few hours passed, I'm all recovered. The only way to come out is to focus on your own life, let Maria go for a while.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:13 AM   #1061
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
The positive thing is that even when she is no.1 in the race right now, she can still gain points in many tournaments next year. She will only have to defend big points in a few tournaments like RG, Madrid, Miami, Cincy and Stuttgart. That's all Can gain many points in AO, Wim, USO, IW, Doha, Rome and Toronto.
This is true, but the main concern is how her game will progress. Nowadays it is not surely for Maria even to make 4R in the Slam. Actually like we see this season it's pretty difficult to make QF for her. And she'll need to defend a lot actually. The whole clay season bar Rome, SF in Brisbane, Paris, Cincy, final in Miami...
To stay in the top 10 next year she must perform very well already at the start of the season. Good AO+IW+Rome can safe her if she doesn't do so well in Stuttgart/Madrid/RG.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:28 AM   #1062
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

I knew this was going to be difficult when the draw came out. And actually I was surprise with Maria's game (bur third set). Caro is back to her best form and she is so fu*king consistant...Maria should have played like in set 2 for the whole match what would be miracle in itself tbh.

I'm still proud of her. Remember early in the year she was like 8-5 and now she is 41-10. But yes, clay season saved her.
She lost so many 3-setters! Ugh.
If you see the situation from the above she could have even made final in Cincy, here, won round or 2 more at the AO and Wimbledon and won Paris indoors.
In that scenario her season would be amazing.

We need to trust her. The best thing is that she still doesn't defend anything and she isn't injured.
After her shoulder surgery she needed 2 years to come back, playing like shit most of that time. Maybe she needs some months more now and next year could be even better.

We know how to be patient.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:32 AM   #1063
country flag Strawberried4t55

Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice

Hopefully Maria will win 1 last French Open title in 2016 and that will be it
Roland Garros 2012 CHAMPION
Roland Garros 2014 CHAMPION
Strawberried4t55 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:42 AM   #1064
country flag midaso

midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberried4t55 View Post
Hopefully Maria will win 1 last French Open title in 2016 and that will be it
Who will win it next year?
midaso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:44 AM   #1065
country flag Strawberried4t55

Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice

Maria never wins slams in un-even years
Roland Garros 2012 CHAMPION
Roland Garros 2014 CHAMPION
Strawberried4t55 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote