Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 152 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 01:38 AM   #2266
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

I agree that today is convincing that she can win majors. But all that matters now is Errani. Caroline has to hold her level, that was only round of 16. Still far from the finish line
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 02:11 AM   #2267
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of

I would be so disappointed if she lost her match against Errani...would be like 2010 vs Vera all over again.

Don't let us down Caro, you're the better player.
taloki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 02:15 AM   #2268
country flag colalalala

colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice colalalala is just really nice

Guys I was there once again, to support our girl
The atmosphere there was amazing and you can tell the crowd really got behind her as the match went on. At the beginning I would said the support on both side had been pretty even. Caroline played really well, started off really strong. And Maria just missed A LOT for our girl to pocket the first set. In the second set she seemed a little lethargic, and Maria just started hitting the ball so well (it's odd because she's been playing like shit all tournament...), but toward the end Caro started digging deep and fighting hard, as you guys can probably see on live stream, that's when the crowd started to get behind her. It felt so good that the whole stadium were on their feet for some amazing shot she hit. There's some especially tremendous shot toward the end of third set really got the crowd pumping
I probably won't be back til the women's final, which I bought ticket like a month ago. I hope I can still support our girl then.

Btw, I also saw her practice today, it was before the Errani/Lucic match. Today she was working on her RoS. She's hitting the return really deep, as you can probably see during the match. She's given all her got out there, both in practice and in match, I think it's a moment to be proud of our girl
colalalala is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 02:44 AM   #2269
Tunk

Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all

Win over Sharapova is a bright sign that she can be one of top player again.
No matter what happen in this tournament. She will win or not. She always have a next granslam in her.
Tunk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 03:57 AM   #2270
country flag Razzy

Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice Razzy is just really nice
I'm a big Simona Halep fan, but very happy that Caro won today. . I hope she wins the whole thing, I'll root for her.
Razzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:22 AM   #2271
country flag wozniackiaus

wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future wozniackiaus has a brilliant future

Dunno why but I'm scared of the caro-errani

TENNIS TIPPING
SINGLES - RANK: 136 RACE: 125 TITLES: 2014 Prague 100K+H
DOUBLES - RANK: 154 RACE: 67 (w/ the walking bye) TITLES: 2014 Barnstaple 25K (w/ the walking bye)
wozniackiaus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:22 AM   #2272
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny how many similarities there are between US Open 2014 and US Open 2009 for Caro:
She enters the tournament in good spirits after winning a minor summer HC tournament, Istanbul/New Haven. She's expected to only reach R16 as the 10th/9th seed. After a 3 & 2 win in 3R over a seed opponent whom she's on friendly terms with - Petkovic/Cirstea - she faces her first big challenge in R16: the 6th ranked, reigning FO champion and former US Open champion from Russia, Sharapova/Kuznetsova.
Caro wins a tough 3-setter and is suddenly the favorite in her half of the draw, thanks in large part to a 17 yo sensation - Bencic/Oudin - who's been knocking out favorites, Kerber & Jankovic/Dementieva & Sharapova.

Of course the symmetry isn't perfect, then Caro should face Bencic in QF, but I still hope it's a sign of Caro reaching the final again!
And you can say the similarities still hold insofar that her opponents in QF, Errani/Oudin are somewhat similar types: short and stocky with a strong defense but a weak serve and not too much firepower from the baseline.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Sep 1st, 2014 at 08:09 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:53 AM   #2273
country flag Double A

Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniackiaus View Post
Dunno why but I'm scared of the caro-errani
Same. I feel like this will be BZS in Wimbledone all over again...

Caro is now #13 in the race. If she wins the match against Errani, she moves up to #11. If she gets into the final, she moves up to #9. Either way, she's still in this race. She has typically done really well in the Asian swing so she can definitely make up some ground there.
Double A is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:59 AM   #2274
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

From the US Open site:

Maria succeded on all three accounts while Caro failed. LOL

Great win! I'm surprised and excited.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:06 AM   #2275
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

these keys?!

what the fuck is "win more than 4% points with an ace" only Americans

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:45 AM   #2276

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

From presser:

Quote:
I
think the first two sets both of us maybe didn't play to
our best. Well, she played really well in the second set.
She went in and started attacking me, and I came a
little bit too far behind the baseline. Even when I was
standing with the wind I was a little bit more hesitant.
By the end of the second set I just thought to myself,
Try to hit through the ball. Just go for your shots. You
know, prepare yourself for the third set.
You know,
when we had that break and I went -- I said, Okay, win
or lose, I'm going to go for my shots. I'm going to go
for it.
This is the only chance I have to win. If I'm going
to lose, at least I'm going to do it with dignity, you know,
(laughter)
that was exactly the attitude we wanted

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 08:04 AM   #2277
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline was the underdog against Maria and Sharapova was the big hitter.
Now Caroline is the favorite playing another defensive player. Caroline has to be steady, cant start trying to end points in a low percentage way. Thats how she was losing for 3 years.
I'm sure Errani will drop shot & and also deep soft groundies, hoping Caroline will go for winners and give the point away.
Its a different match up and Caroline has to hold serve and has to play well on Errani's serve and STAY STEADY!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 08:08 AM   #2278

I think it was be tactically a very similar match to the one of Magda, she needs to do better with passing shots as Errani is not masha at the net.

She also needs to try and come forward, but only with the right balls as Sara is superb at passing...as she said, Serving and returning will be pivotal

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 09:20 AM   #2279
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny how of the three sets yesterday, Caro actually had her best Ws to UEs stats in set 2!
Set 1: 8/7. Set 2: 9/5. Set 3: 5/5.
That just goes to show that these stats alone don't tell the full tale. Caro's many short balls in set 2 only show up in the stats indirectly: Sharapova hit 22 of her 39 winners in this set alone.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 10:56 AM   #2280
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

If Caroline serves well there's no way she can lose to Errani. Serve well and return those nothing serves from Errani aggressively and she should be ok.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote