Sabine's 2014 US Open Series - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #181
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future
Re: Sabine's 2014 US Open Series

Haha expected shitfest from both.

But she made R3 again which was the goal here. Lots of work ahead.

2013 GG: Petra Kvitova, 2014 RU
2014 GG: Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #182
country flag Michael!
Merry Christmas

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn´t watch anything except the last two games yet....what to say?
Expected scoreline, stats look bad, serve stats look bad but that isn´t surprising unfortunately, Sabine´s serve is often not as effective as it should be against top players and these days she has problems with her serve anything, so definitely one thing which she has to improve.
Beside that she reached 3rd round here, that´s what she had to do.
US Open Series was Ok in general, no big positive surprises but also no injuries or horrible defeats, that´s just her "usual" hard court level these days.
Most important thing, as always, is that she stays healthy and then we´ll see if and how she can improve.
But it´s really annoying that she doesn´t play more tournaments, I know that her body is not the strongest but no Quebec no Tokyo, just Wuhan and Beijing, no Linz or Osaka and then she probably will play Lux as last tournament...that´s not much, she should play more and use the time as long as she is healthy.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #183
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

I prayed she could find her big serve during the whole match, it never came, with the exception of two or three big serves around the end. Too bad: an in-form Lisicki would have definitely troubled Sharapova last night. But it seems to me that Sabine was too nervous from the start (definitely observable from the serve toss), and could never really get into this match, except towards the end.

As the commentator said (was it Chris Evert? I never recognize her voice), that was "patchy".

You only had to laugh and keep hoping.

The crowd was obviously cheering for Sabine, and very enthusiastic when Sabine won some nice rallies. I think it's fair to say that despite being a player terribly "patchy", Sabine has charisma. Her game is frustrating and exciting at once. So the beautiful points she won here and there attracted loud support. There was suspense in the end, really. Sabine was close to turn the match. But Sharapova being herself, played even better when it counted. And you could see she was determinated to not let Sabine coming back, because she knows that the German can play like a GOAT if she starts to feel her strokes.
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #184
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

No shame losing to amazing Sharapova. She is the best active player with Serena

Seems like Sabine`s serve sucked. I don`t get it. Why does she serve so bad ?
But Sharapova also has problems with her serve. No Ace, 8 DFs

Sabine 20 Winners, 32 UEs. Sharapova 14 Winners, 24 UEs

Head To Head now 1-6. Sabine is a good opponent for Sharapova. Only place where Sabine can beat Sharapova is at Wimbledon

Overall Sabine can be happy with US Open R3. It was bad luck drawing Sharapova. She could have beaten other players

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #185
country flag nameofthegame

nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice nameofthegame is just really nice

I never expected Sabs to win this but the 2nd set showed some definite improvements on ground strokes + she seems to be developing a slower 1st serve which is more accurate. Its very evident she is suffering poor form, lack of confidence etc so lets just hope she slowly improves. Sharapova is painful to watch as she is such a control freak.
nameofthegame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #186
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Kind of what I expected considering the form of both players going in. I think it is positive for Sabine that she came close in the second set without any semblance of a serve. In her best moments she was actually a retriever, which shows that she is athletic enough to rally with most of the players and just needs to be patient and learn how to develop points. I'm not sure if her current "coaches" are the ones to teach her this. Yes -- I think it was fairly clear the commentators thought Pocher was one her coaches and who is to blame them when he was giving signals along with Peyre. It's one thing to accept that they have a relationship, but Sabine needs to learn to separate her tennis from their relationship.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 02:59 PM   #187
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

Oh well, I guess I got my hopes up too high vs Pova? Sabine had great movement though. Wish the serve would have been working better.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 04:20 AM   #188
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Sabine

Seems like Sabine`s serve sucked. I don`t get it. Why does she serve so bad ?
She has been having problems with her serving since her shoulder injury earlier in the year. The fact that she cracked a record serve and many other serves in the 120 mhp range appears to indicate that she has recovered physically from her injury, but she has clearly been dealing from mental issues, whether it being from having to compensate while she was injured and changing her serve motion or through just being tentative and afraid of reinjuring it. Her main goal with her time off should be to rebuild her serve because her whole game it built around it and she gains confidence in other parts of her game when she is serving well. Had she had her serve against Sharapova, I think she would have won, especially since her defensive skills appeared to be in top form.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote