Lucie Safarova official 2014 US Open cheering thread.. - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 01:41 AM   #166
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Safarova official 2014 US Open cheering thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-KimClijst View Post
Ugh. I hate Shuai Peng. Screwed up Kim's otherwise perfect hard court season in 2005, and now this. But not a bad US Open for Lucie. I just wish she hadn't come out so flat tonight, because she had a great shot to make the quarters.

Oh well. A great season in the slams overall. Had you told me her results would be 3R 4R SF 4R, I absolutely would have signed on for that. Now time to defend all those points she racked up last fall!!
Peng's random runs where she absolutely peaks piss me off no end, because other times she is absolutely atrocious for a big stretch of the year.

But Lucie being so flat and her lack of intensity made her confidence go down and her footwork was bad, so her shots missed. I still can't handle that 0-30 short FH miss that would have given her 0-40

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2014, 01:41 AM   #167
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie was 4-1 against Shuai, only loss coming ten years ago
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 01:42 AM   #168
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise Lucie had such a good head to head against Peng.

Unfortunately for her every match is a new start and that head to head never came into play today.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 01:45 AM   #169
country flag ML1452

ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light

It's ridiculous that she lost this match only beacuse she was a mess in 2 service games per 9... I don't even want to look at the match stats... I'm sure this match would be different if they were put first on court... Terrible performance
ML1452 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 01:48 AM   #170
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML1452 View Post
It's ridiculous that she lost this match only beacuse she was a mess in 2 service games per 9... I don't even want to look at the match stats... I'm sure this match would be different if they were put first on court... Terrible performance
Definitely...if she had played first on in the sun Peng wouldn't have been able to serve peak serves and play the way she did. But Lucie has to be able to win in all conditions and circumstances She has to find a way to stop herself being so flat and losing rhythm when this kind of thing happens. It happened at RG and now here, and she lost both by the same scoreline

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:43 AM   #171
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice

I just woke up, still sad from what I saw before going to sleep. Lucie didn't deserve to win this one, it's a fact. I assume they know each other quite well and the opponent was much better tactically prepared and was able to eliminate Lucie's weapons immediatelly. Then things got even worse and Lucie couldn't find the rhythm and get back to the match.
Pitty, I was pretty sure from what i saw earlier that she will do the QF, at least.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 11:51 AM   #172
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Bad play from her.

However, I'm delighted she has played so well in slams this year!

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:00 PM   #173
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

A bit of an anti-climax loss to end her slam year. Peng must have been in the zone as she's had similar scorelines throughout.

It's a shame she was rescheduled though as a bigger court might have given some adrenaline if she was a bit flat from prior matches.

Oh well, at least she made the most of her draw at Wimbledon, that'll always be a great memory.
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 04:54 AM   #174
country flag Davodus

At the risk of sounding petty I knew things would have been different if Lucie played Peng in the heat of the day...Peng just can't handle those conditions.

Now to unpetty myself, I hope she recovers well

Old Sep 6th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #175
country flag ML1452

ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light ML1452 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, now I can understand why Peng was peaking soo well during match with Lucie, during the nighttime she just felt so relieved and that's why her game was raised so much Anyways it was very overwhelming to watch Peng's disaster against Caroline, I hope she will recover as soon as possible
ML1452 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote