Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2014, 03:55 AM   #91
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

6-4 6-7(6) 6-2
But 1-6 6-7(4) QF vs. Kelly Versteeg NED (#792)
Paszek. Vesnina. Vaidisova. Krajicek. Stephens.
Pironkova. Begu. Tatishvili. McHale. Vandeweghe.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
I'm obsessed with the Greek players. Deal with it.
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 06:38 AM   #92
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Her ranking fell down to 729 ( ), but now it's at 715 so she's (barely) working her way up again I guess

10K Turkey:
R1 d. Claudia Coppola ITA (#1066) 6-4 6-2
R2 l. to (6) Ksenia Palkina KGZ (#533) 6-3 5-7 6-7(6)
She always loses with crazy scorelines. I don't even want to know how many times this year she's lost after having MP
Her TB record this year is an atrocious 0-9, absolutely horrible
What's even worse is that the least amount of points she's won in a TB this year was 4. So all of her TBs were really close and she still can't win them. It's one thing to lose all your TBs 7-0 and 7-1. But she is losing hers mostly 7-5, 8-6, 10-8, etc.
Also this was the second time she lost a third set TB in the past two months, that says a lot about her mental game
The good thing is that it shows her potential and that her game isn't off, but mentally she is just all over the place these days

10K Netherlands:
R1 d. (SE) Steffi Distelmans BEL (#920) 6-2 6-4
Steffi just won a 10K last week, so this is a really good win for Val!
R2 d. (Q) Katharina Hering GER (NR) 6-3 6-3
QF d. (Q) Nicola Geuer GER (NR, former #276) 6-2 6-4
SF l. to (1) Quirine Lemoine NED (#329) 5-7 1-6

Come on Val! Let's get back on track now! Still time to turn around your season!
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 03:06 AM   #93
country flag hellas719

10K Serbia:
R1 d. Dajana Dukic SRB (#1093) 6-4 6-3
R2 d. (Q) Anna Makhorkina RUS (NR) 6-2 6-3
QF d. Ema Polic SRB (#950) 5-2 ret.
SF d. (1) Julia Stamatova BUL (#530) 6-3 6-1
F d. (3) Dea Herdzelas BIH (#585) 1-6 6-3 7-6(5)
So proud of her!
She was down 2-5 in the third set and fought back
And she won in a third set TB!
Just amazing considering her pathetic TB record, bravo! So happy for her!

Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 03:31 AM   #94
country flag Danii's Law

Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of

YES!! Hope she keeps this form going.

Daniilidou, Muguruza, Cornet, Azarenka, Lisicki, Stosur, Na, Date-Krumm, Cirstea,
Danii's Law is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2014, 12:33 AM   #95
country flag hellas719

I haven’t updated this thread in a while but she only played two tournaments since I last posted here, both 10Ks in Heraklion.

In the first one she reached the final, losing to Dalma Galfi, who is currently a top 15 junior and on a 13-match winning streak in ITF pro circuit events. Of course there was no shortage of drama in the match, with the Hungarian topping Val 7-6(4) in the third
Val also reached the doubles semis here.

The following week Val lost a tight match in the QF. Unsurprisingly it ended in a tiebreak that Val lost 7-5 against Zovincova. Her tiebreak record really scares me but other than that she played pretty well recently and if she keeps up this form I think we can see her do big things in 2015.
Old Dec 31st, 2014, 12:34 AM   #96
country flag hellas719

She is now ranked 548. Obviously this was not a great year overall but she seems to be back on track after a poor start. She ended the year ranked lower than where she started it but she just needs more consistency. Also she didn't even play much,

She created a facebook fan page with photos and videos and she also seems to be training in the Netherlands mainly but also in Greece and Germany.

I’d like to see her accomplish these goals in 2015:
2015 Goals:
-Play a smart schedule. This year she played a lot of strong challengers where it was clear she wasn’t going to do very well.
-Top 300 singles
-Win some more 10Ks then move up to 25Ks and beyond.

It won’t be easy but with the age restrictions lifted when she turns 18 in February, it is possible in my opinion!
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 05:32 AM   #97
country flag hellas719

Old Jan 13th, 2015, 06:58 AM   #98
country flag hellas719

10K Stuttgart:
R1 vs. Lou Brouleau FRA (#512)

This is a very strong 10K with the last DA being ranked 556, so she really wasn’t going to get a much better draw

No idea what to expect from Val

Doubles R1:
(4) Boev BEL/Grammatikopoulou GRE vs. Morderger GER/Morderger GER
Now that’s a tough draw

She plays doubles R1 Tuesday so singles will probably be Wednesday
Best of luck!
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 06:25 PM   #99
battista

battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of

Valentini today - photo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ralfreinecke/16254598226/
battista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 05:15 AM   #100
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by battista View Post
Thanks! Did you see her play? How did she play?

Val won 7-5 6-1 over Brouleau
R2 vs. (7) Martina Borecka CZE (#355)

In doubles they had a good win in R1 3-6 6-2 10-8
But lost QF to 2-6 6-1 12-14 to Klasen GER/Zimmermann BEL. Probably had some MPs in that tiebreak

Old Jan 16th, 2015, 07:02 AM   #101
battista

battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of battista has much to be proud of

Yes I have seen both matches:

Against Brouleau was a very good match - from both side very interesting to look

Against Borecka - after 0-3 Valentini fighted great and had some good chances for 5-5

I have uploaded some more photos and the next days still more photos of Valentini

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ralfre...7649901170019/
Old Jan 19th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #102
battista

photo album updated

Old Jan 20th, 2015, 07:54 AM   #103
battista

some more photos of Valentini

Old Jan 21st, 2015, 01:57 AM   #104
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by battista View Post
Yes I have seen both matches:

Against Brouleau was a very good match - from both side very interesting to look

Against Borecka - after 0-3 Valentini fighted great and had some good chances for 5-5

I have uploaded some more photos and the next days still more photos of Valentini

Thanks so much for the pics!
She seems like a nice girl. What do you think about her game? Do you think she has the potential to become a good player? Top 100? Top 50? Top 20? Thanks for any feedback

4-6 4-6 against a player ranked 200 places above her (Borecka) is not bad
Nice to see you mentioned she fought back from 0-3 down and had chances for 5-5. Hopefully she learned a lot from this match

This week she is still in Germany, this time 10K Kaarst. Another strong field here
R1 against (6) Tess Sugnaux SUI (#496). Won’t be easy but I think she definitely had a chance
No doubles this week, so hopefully she can do well in singles

Old Jan 22nd, 2015, 04:20 AM   #105
country flag hellas719

She pulled off the upset!
6-4 3-6 6-2
R2 vs. (Q) Tamara Korpatsch GER (#642)