Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 339 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2014, 01:53 PM   #5071
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

That's a pity for her, but I hope she manages to have a good run in the coming few tournaments nonetheless. I do think a different preparation might have helped.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2014, 03:12 PM   #5072
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
It's difficult to judge her preparation, because we don't know all the motivations and constraints behind her scheduling.

While it's easy to understand that she plays $25K tournaments only for the ranking points (not much money to be made there, or glory to be gained) and she plays european interclub matches only for the money, we don't know what reasons exactly make her hop between continents and different surfaces.

One cannot compare her to a Top20 player, who can focus on optimal preparation for the Grand Slams because money is not an issue, or to a young player who people are willing to invest money in, even at at loss. At 28, she's pretty much on her own. I'm sure other "older" players ranked between 100 and 200 have the same struggle and a tournament planning that appears erratic at some point.
Not really judging, hard to do unless have all the facts, but on the face of it, why would Mandy travel to China , then play Swiss League, then a 25 K as number 1 seed which meant she could still have been in England last Saturday afternoon, then rush across the Atlantic ? She is in the Top 120 and there are plenty of North American tournaments before New York....even ITF's....! If she is really serious about regaining form and the top 100 clearly a different approach is required to get her confidence back. Playing week in week out and all over the world , it becomes a vicious circle.

I only say this as would like MM back winning matches...
David Barker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 09:20 PM   #5073
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Some facts on behalf of her scheduling are quite simple. For example she played Essen because her coach lives in Benrath, a town close to Essen.

In case of the USO she couldn't get a better preparation if she wants to play the interclubs. But maybe it would've been better to stay in Europe and prolong the clay season. Her slump, if you want to call it like this, begun with her last clay court match vs Kanepi in Biarritz. Till then she played a real good clay season.

But after changing to hard court she lost her form and hasn't found it yet. Although I realise her motivation it wasn't helpful to travel to China but of course you always know it better afterwards.

I was wrong when I said she would play Fleurus in Belgium coz if she has to play doubles she won't be able. In my view not good coz it would be more important to improve her singles.
Bino is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 10:35 PM   #5074
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 10:49 AM   #5075
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
Some facts on behalf of her scheduling are quite simple. For example she played Essen because her coach lives in Benrath, a town close to Essen.

In case of the USO she couldn't get a better preparation if she wants to play the interclubs. But maybe it would've been better to stay in Europe and prolong the clay season. Her slump, if you want to call it like this, begun with her last clay court match vs Kanepi in Biarritz. Till then she played a real good clay season.

But after changing to hard court she lost her form and hasn't found it yet. Although I realise her motivation it wasn't helpful to travel to China but of course you always know it better afterwards.

I was wrong when I said she would play Fleurus in Belgium coz if she has to play doubles she won't be able. In my view not good coz it would be more important to improve her singles.
I think the opposite...hoping it will be good for MM to have a week or so in New York awaiting her doubles, maybe a chance to relax a little in between the training....? Rather than rushing from one tournament to another ? Who knows ? We all agree on one thing, hope to see Mandy winning again soon!
David Barker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 12:26 PM   #5076
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barker View Post
I think the opposite...hoping it will be good for MM to have a week or so in New York awaiting her doubles, maybe a chance to relax a little in between the training....? Rather than rushing from one tournament to another ? Who knows ? We all agree on one thing, hope to see Mandy winning again soon!
You're right I was just not patient enough coz I want to see Mandy play and win in the singles! Of course it's not good if she plays too much (we had talked about this) but on the other hand I doubt that doubles will help her atm. I also hope she will relax a bit in New York (I hoped she would do this in Switzerland either) and maybe its good for her confidence to get some wins with Camila in the doubles. The fact that a player like Giorgi plays with her doubles is a good sign. Giorgi has at least in the singles a great form so maybe they can do some damage.
Old Aug 23rd, 2014, 12:06 PM   #5077
country flag Bino

Amy Bowtell against whom Mandy had to struggle a bit in Woking lost to the last in world ranking Isabelle Wallace in straight sets 2&4
Old Aug 23rd, 2014, 02:33 PM   #5078
country flag Boogaloo

Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
the last in world ranking Isabelle Wallace
She's only 17 and 54th in the ITF Junior ranking

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...erid=100146384
Boogaloo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2014, 06:15 PM   #5079
country flag Bino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
She's only 17 and 54th in the ITF Junior ranking

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...erid=100146384
Okay, this sounds way better than last in the world ranking
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 11:17 PM   #5080
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Camila and Mandy draw 8th seed Hlavackova and Zheng tough

Hlavackova is defending champ too

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 11:19 PM   #5081
country flag josejaviergud

josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152683046298566

https://twitter.com/josejaviergud

Beaner & Wetback
josejaviergud is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 11:23 PM   #5082
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Haha so cute

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 11:28 PM   #5083
country flag Bino

Mandys section:

(8)Hlavackova/Zheng v Giorgi/Minella
Riske/Vandeweghe v Soler-Espinosa/Watson
Barthel/Panova v Doi/Svitolina
Dabrowski/Rosolska v (10)Barty/Dellacqua

She's no pressure, thats good.

And she finally had her Icebucket challenge
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #5084
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy and Camila, eye-candy galore doubles combination .
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #5085
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Mandy and Camila, eye-candy galore doubles combination .
Indeed. I'm going to the match to see those fans that come all the way from Luxembourg(if you've been to the Open and attended Mandy's matches or a Muller match, you'd know who they are. We've become friends). Any idea if they'll play tomorrow or Thursday?

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread