Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 338 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #5056
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
I'll check the score in about 10 minutes, she obviously has more success than as I check it all the time: lol:
Bino is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #5057
country flag Boogaloo

Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

2/0 Kozlova.

Mandy please ...
Boogaloo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 12:02 AM   #5058
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Didn't help! She's 0/3 down.
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 12:20 AM   #5059
country flag Boogaloo

Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice Boogaloo is just really nice

6/4, 3/6, 1/6
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 12:22 AM   #5060
country flag Bino

Lost it 1/6 in the final set
Couldn't hold her last service game after 40/15 ahead.

Where's gone her fighting spirit?
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 12:33 AM   #5061
country flag Boogaloo

Pictures tweeted by @StephintheUS

https://twitter.com/StephintheUS/sta...20058723377152
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 12:35 AM   #5062
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. Mandy

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 12:55 AM   #5063
country flag Bino

Kozlova is actual top 150 at least but had 3 losses in a row before! But she's been in America for a longer time than Mandy having played the tournament in Landesville (without any success though)!

I don't think that Mandy was really ambitious for the USO, at least her preparation seemed not to be that determined to get some wins there.

She will now probably leave the states and play that tournament in Belgium!

Thanks for the pics, Boogaloo! At least a bit USO feeling with Mandy
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 03:54 AM   #5064
country flag J_TS_Ace

J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice J_TS_Ace is just really nice

I saw the result on the ticker and couldn't believe it. I remember seeing Mandy for the first time at the Open a few years back. I'm kind of surprised that she doesn't have better results.
J_TS_Ace is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 04:08 AM   #5065
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

She is playing doubles with Giorgi, so she hasn't left the states just yet.

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 06:32 AM   #5066
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Aw Mandy what happened?

USO is your fave tournament

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 07:30 AM   #5067
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

Much as I feared.....interestingly Mandy, Yuliya and Marta Sirotkina ( all at Woking ) all lost in R1 .....really thought Woking, then rush to the US was a mistake.....especially with so many warm up tournaments in the US.

Better luck in doubles.......
David Barker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 08:24 AM   #5068
country flag Duramont

Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy

Very sad to see her lose in Q1 of her favourite tournament like that.

Minella :: Lisicki :: Date :: Cornet :: Jankovic :: Siniakova :: Diyas :: Svitolina
Duramont is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 08:42 AM   #5069
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

Yes, I agree.

Hoping she might withdraw from a tournament or two and regroup....she seems to have been rushing all over the world, different surfaces too.....very wierd scheduling of tournaments.....with her ranking she could have played US warm up tournaments and got properly ready.....
David Barker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 09:32 AM   #5070
country flag Boogaloo

It's difficult to judge her preparation, because we don't know all the motivations and constraints behind her scheduling.

While it's easy to understand that she plays $25K tournaments only for the ranking points (not much money to be made there, or glory to be gained) and she plays european interclub matches only for the money, we don't know what reasons exactly make her hop between continents and different surfaces.

One cannot compare her to a Top20 player, who can focus on optimal preparation for the Grand Slams because money is not an issue, or to a young player who people are willing to invest money in, even at at loss. At 28, she's pretty much on her own. I'm sure other "older" players ranked between 100 and 200 have the same struggle and a tournament planning that appears erratic at some point.
Closed Thread