Tatjana Jecmenica new Fed Cup captain, Jankovic not happy - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #1
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Tatjana Jecmenica new Fed Cup captain, Jankovic not happy

As you may now, after last year's fiasco Biljana Veslinovic was sacked from the position of Fed Cup captain. Tatjana Jecmenica is named the new captain. She used to be top 100 player, but had to retire at the age of 21 due to persistent injuries.

But not everything is going great, it seems. After her win over Pratt Jelena Jankovic was asked to comment on it. She said: "I don't know who chose her. I have only recently found it out, I didn't know anything before I came to Australia. I'm pretty much against it, but I am not going to do anything. In my opinion, the captain should be someone who is in touch with women's tennis, who travels a lot with players and who knows them well. Jecmenica used to be a good player, but I do not think she is up to the job. Furthermore, I believe we ought to have a male captain. With only women around there is always too many gossips and rumours and too much jelousy. We need someone with authority."

Well, I only hope that when she said: "I am not going to do anything" she meant: "I'm not going to pull out of Fed Cup."
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:50 PM   #2
country flag ©@®eLess

©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute
I read that Jecmenica became the captain yesterday in Blic. Armenulic was answering some questions about Ana and Jelena and he mentioned that.

Jankovic suffers from severe Chinese syndrome! Only God can help her!
©@®eLess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 12:01 PM   #3
country flag **Jelica**

**Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana

Well, I only hope that when she said: "I am not going to do anything" she meant: "I'm not going to pull out of Fed Cup."
Yeah, me too..
would be so sad..cos the SCG Fed Cup team could do so well this season, but if Jeca didn't play it would be a huge setback..

ALLEZ JUSTINE!

Јелена Јанковић Keep it going!
**Jelica** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote