Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 334 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #4996
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Sport's Personality of the Year in the UK. Andy Murray won it last year.
Oh yes. Well, he will certainly win that and he will deserve it. A pity that there isn't a Asshole of the Year award to go with it, because he would get my vote for that one as well.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 12:10 PM   #4997
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

Stat on the average rank of the 3 best ranked opponents defeated by the winner on the road to the titles in 2014

Fan de Tennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #4998
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, first of all, just for the record: I'm not having a go at Maria or any other power hitter. I ENJOY watching that type of tennis. But it's not the ONLY type of tennis I enjoy watching.

As for your arguments as compared to mine, the truth is as usual somewhere in the middle. But at TF it's not possible to be in the middle. You must be at one extreme or the other to get a point across. But sure, when someone like Venus, Serena, Kvitova or Maria are at their best someone like Aga is helpless. But they are not always at their best, and how many players are there like that anyway? If those players are at their best EVERYONE is helpless, including other power hitters who play the same type of tennis, but at a lower level.

What I object to is the type of talk you see time and time again at TF where the player who lost is still said to be better than the winner because she COULD have won if only she played at her best. Well, play at your best than. Nobody's stopping you! Of course Venus was tired yesterday after all those three setters. But that's how it works in one week tournaments where you have to play everyday. Aga did well to conserve energy by winning her matches before the final quickly. That's not luck. It requires skill to do that. Having said that, I wouldn't have minded much if Venus had won it. I have a lot of admiration for how she keeps battling on against almost impossible odds.
I agree with everything you said for sure! No matter what happens the winner deserves the win of course, no questions asked. But I do have players I like and players I dislike, and naturally I want to see them do well. So I am to be honest disappointed to see Venus lose to Aga in that fashion when I know Venus is very capable of winning or at least making it competitive.

And in regards to the attitude of GM posters, well I think its best not to take it too seriously. Too many people just out to get a reaction
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 11:17 AM   #4999
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I am a failure.

My life long mission to never get stung by a wasp ended. It got me in my sleep.
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #5000
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

omg new editor is such a c**t
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #5001
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

Simona is quite popular on Facebook. She only joined FB in July. Already more than 800,000 fans (more than Aga and Bouchard).
Even if probably 80% come from Romania, it's very impressive.

www.facebook.com/simonahalep
Fan de Tennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #5002
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan de Tennis View Post
Simona is quite popular on Facebook. She only joined FB in July. Already more than 800,000 fans (more than Aga and Bouchard).

Well, she's easy to like. I'm one of those 800.000

Thank you LI NA
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #5003
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all wehan6 is a name known to all

R.I.P Robin Williams

Joan Rivers 1933-2014 R.I.P
wehan6 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 10:45 PM   #5004
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

i liked his show with buffy
malarkist is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #5005
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan de Tennis View Post
Even if probably 80% come from Romania, it's very impressive.

Yeah, it's not even a month and already 815 000. I'm sure she'll make a million in 2 weeks.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 11:46 PM   #5006
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
Yeah, it's not even a month and already 815 000. I'm sure she'll make a million in 2 weeks.
fan favourite Aga still has only 600k and guest jut a bit more 1mln. How Halep is becoming popular is impressive and this happens despite her "even worse than young Rafa's" English

At the same time shows that likeable personality = marketability. Something that don't have Vika, Aga etc

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 12:20 AM   #5007
country flag pobbop

pobbop has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
fan favourite Aga still has only 600k and guest jut a bit more 1mln. How Halep is becoming popular is impressive and this happens despite her "even worse than young Rafa's" English

At the same time shows that likeable personality = marketability. Something that don't have Vika, Aga etc
Yes, people get het up about their hatred for tennis players, but in the end most normal people don't care about time-outs, grunting, pushing and hype. It's just a Tennis forum conceit. If they like a person they'll well like them on Facebook.

I like Simona and was going to join, but the first thing I saw was a comment slagging off Maria with plenty of likes, so I've not bothered.

She says she'll join twitter soon, so I guess that one I've been following is a fake
pobbop is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 12:49 AM   #5008
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

so Simona is beating in terms of popularity "made from plastic" and fake from childhood Candain barbie? .... Probably Stacy put all the money on the wrong horse....

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 12:58 AM   #5009
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I am a failure.

My life long mission to never get stung by a wasp ended. It got me in my sleep.
I was/am ridiculously terrified of wasps, and I managed to avoid getting stung until I was 19, sitting on a log in Botswana and it stung me in my armpit
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 01:27 AM   #5010
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobbop View Post
Yes, people get het up about their hatred for tennis players, but in the end most normal people don't care about time-outs, grunting, pushing and hype. It's just a Tennis forum conceit. If they like a person they'll well like them on Facebook.

I like Simona and was going to join, but the first thing I saw was a comment slagging off Maria with plenty of likes, so I've not bothered.

She says she'll join twitter soon, so I guess that one I've been following is a fake
I joined her facebook page because I like her even though I rarely even bother with anything about facebook. I rarely visit even Caro's facebook page (or Maria's). Posting a comment is pretty pointless as well because your post is in no time buried under hundreds of other comments. Besides, I doubt that the player in question actually reads any of it anyway because there's too much of the same to keep their interest. Even reading positive comments must get boring when you've seen them thousands of times before.

Thank you LI NA
Closed Thread