** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 106 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #1576
country flag riff

riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I wonder if she will feel any responsibility to.......influence anything going on in a very complicated world.
i seriously doubt that. these matters are very controversial with no clear good and bad side.
she absolutely does not need it.
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 03:48 AM   #1577
country flag aknox

aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future

Sugarlady needs to tap the Asian market. Asia will be her second home while she's peddling Sugarpova
aknox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 03:49 AM   #1578
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Sugarlady needs to tap the Asian market. Asia will be her second home while she's peddling Sugarpova
and a wonderful way to start that in manila.
malarkist is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 04:45 AM   #1579
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

To be honest, It quite expensive with Asian.
So only big city in China, Japan or Singapore are the best choice
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 02:43 PM   #1580
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by riff View Post
i seriously doubt that. these matters are very controversial with no clear good and bad side.
she absolutely does not need it.
I agree...but...there are very few people in both Russia and the USA and the rest of the world who commands as much respect as Maria....they... need her.
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #1581
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

MONTREAL, QUEBEC
August 6, 2014

M. SHARAPOVA/G. MUGURUZA
4-6, 6-3, 6-1

THE MODERATOR : Questions, please.

Q. It was your first game back for a while now. How did you feel out there ?

MARIA SHARAPOVA : Yeah, it's been a few weeks since I've been in that competitive atmosphere. It's always quite different, no matter how much you train, you try to prepare for that. Once you step on the court, you feel a little bit more from the crowd, the energy. You get inspired by everything. But you're ultimately a bit rusty.
I was just happy that I got through that and won today because I had a very tough opponent.

Q. You switched from grass to hard court. Does it take you a little while to get your game going on hard court ?

MARIA SHARAPOVA : Well, the good thing is you have time and you're not really in a rush. Of course, the season is quite long. There are some periods where you have to make a quick transition. but the hard court season, you know, lasts quite long. To have those weeks is very important because my biggest priority is to stay healthy, not just through this swing of a few weeks, but also till the Championships, push through that, make sure that my body is ready.
The upcoming tournaments, there's no easy opponents, no easy draw. Every tournament is at a very high level. I just want to be prepared for that. So I took the right amount of time for it.

Q. Your next rival is Carla Suarez Navarro. How are you doing to approach that match ?

MARIA SHARAPOVA : She's a different type of opponent than I played today. She has a little bit more variety, a one-handed backhand, uses her slice extremely well, but also moves around the court quite well.
I expect a physical match from her. She's already played a tournament last week. She's been playing a few matches on hard court;
So, yeah, I'm looking forward to that. You never quite know what you're going to get, especially when you haven't faced an opponent for a while.

Q. Did the power failure affect you in any way ?

MARIA SHARAPOVA : No. I got to watch the tennis on TV, which is great, because the TV didn't have any power outage. I don't think I've ever experienced that before.
But I wasn't on-site when it happened, so...

Q. What were you happy about today ? What do you need to tweak a bit more ?

MARIA SHARAPOVA : I was happy that I was able to turn it around. I didn't feel good. I made a lot of errors in the first set. You know, when you're able to finish stronger than you start, that's always a positive because you give yourself an opportunity to keep playing in the tournament. When you're in that position, there's always another chance to work in another match to improve and get better.
Yeah, so that's what I'M happy about.

Transcript by ASAP Sports.
Fan de Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 06:55 AM   #1582
country flag buian

buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light

Suarez Navarro shocks Sharapova in Montreal
Montreal (AFP) - French Open champion Maria Sharapova's preparations for the US Open suffered a setback Thursday as she was ousted from the WTA hardcourt tournament in Montreal by Carla Suarez Navarro.

The 14th-seeded Spaniard, ranked 16th in the world, shrugged off two rain delays and emerged with a 6-2, 4-6, 6-2 triumph over the fourth-seeded Russian, a former world number one who was playing her first tournament since a surprise fourth-round exit at Wimbledon.

Suarez Navarro put on a crisp shot-making display as she cruised through the first set.

Sharapova, who had also started slowly but managed to rally against second-round opponent Garbine Muguruza, battled back from a 4-2 deficit in the second to force the decisive third set, but she had no answer for Suarez Navarro in the third.
"It was a tough match," Sharapova said. "I thought my opponent played a really good match.

"I couldn't find my rhythm from the beginning. Always had my back against the wall throughout the whole match. Always came back from behind.
"Even though I felt like I started feeling a little bit better, it wasn't enough in the end."

Sharapova's wayward backhand on match point was her 49th unforced error of the contest. She converted just six of her 19 break point opportunities.
Sharapova said her inability to reliably put her first serve in play was a factor in the defeat, but not her only problem.

"Obviously you think a lot more about the second serve, which is a lot more difficult," she said.
"I was struggling with just not that today, but a lot of unforced errors from the baseline as well. Couldn't commit on the return. So I think it was a little bit of everything."

Sharapova said she wouldn't blame two rain delays for her inability to find her rhythm.
"I think I've been on the tour for way too long," she said. "I know what to expect and to know that anything can be thrown at you, whether it's another delay, weather, or something else. That's part of the game. That's never bothered me."

Now Sharapova has just over two weeks to hone her hardcourt game before the start of the year's last Grand Slam, the US Open at Flushing Meadows on August 25.

"There's quite a bit of time until then," Sharapova said, stressing that it's just a matter of fine-tuning a few things.
"It's never just 20 percent of something," she said of what she must improve. "It's 1 percent or 2 percent of many things that can ultimately change the result."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/n...a-in-montreal/
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #1583
country flag KK2009

KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all KK2009 is a name known to all

Maria showed her class dealing with losses as always, but C'MON PUT IT TOGETHER ON THE COURT!
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #1584
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I seriously laughed when I read her opinion about fine-tuning some things here and there. She obviously won't start dramatically changing her game at this stage in her career, but performances like this one call for more than just tweaking a couple of elements IMO

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #1585
country flag riff

riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all

She knows best what she has to do and what her limitations are of today no matter what she does.
So the fans should get reality check.
I suppose she will be fine either way.
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #1586

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

Montréal, Quebec
August 7, 2014

C. Suarez Navarro/M. Sharapova
6-2, 4-6, 6-2

The moderator : Questions, please

Q. What is your mindset after this difficult match ?

M.S : Yeah, it was a tough match. I thought my opponent played a really good match. I couldn't find my rhythm from the beginning of the match. Always had my back against the wall throughout the whole match. Always came back from behind.
Even though I felt like I started, you know, feeling a little bit better, it wasn't enough in the end.

Q. Are you able to pintpoint what seems to be the problem with your serve right now ?

M.S : What's the problem ?

Q. It seemed you couldn't get any rhythm with it, and many breaks allowed today. Seemed to be the same yesterday.

M.S : Yeah, I think it's a little bit of rhythm, a little bit with the conditions, you know, not having the right mindset, maybe going for a little too much yesterday, not having a really good high percentage of first serves, which obviously you think a lot more the second serve, which is a lot more difficult.
I was struggling with just not that today, but a lot of unforced errors from the baseline as well. Couldn't commit on the return. So I think it was a little bit of everything.

Q. The unforced errors, was that a case of trying to go for big shots ?

M.S : I mean she covered the court. It's quite wide and quite deep. I think that favored her quite well today as she was able to step so far behind the baseline and retrieve a lot of the balls from a few meters behind the baseline.
I just wasn't able to use that to my advantage.

Q. Would it have been better if there hadn't been that second rain delay ? Did that throw you off at all ?

M.S : I've never been a player to think about "what if" because that did not happen. I have to face what's in front of me.

Q. Difficult conditons, two rain delays. Considering you don't have as many matches under your belt as you probably would like at this stage of the season, do you think it affected you more than it affected her ?

M.S : Because of what ?

Q. Do you think the two rain delays affected you more than her because you don't have as many matches ?

M.S : No, I mean, I think I've been on the tour for way too long. I know what to expect and to know that anything can be thrown at you, whether it's another delay, wheather, or something else. That's part of the game. That's never bothered me.
If it's a 30-minute break, you move on to the next day. Just have to change your mentality to that.

Q. Do you think of this whole hard court season as a process, that you want to keep getting better and better towards the US Open and peak at that right moment ? Do the players consider that overall ?

M.S : Absolutely. If I came out from this match and I said I played a great match, or I did everything, you know, the best that I could possibly do and lose it, that would be more disappointing.
But I really feel I have a lot more work to do. There's quite a bit of time until then. Yeah, so that would be the goal, not just for myself.

Q. Are we going to see you again in Montréal ?

M.S : Yeah, I'd love to. I unfortunately have had very short visits here. I'd love to give myself another opportunity to come back (smiling).

Q. The crowd seemed to be rallying to your cause. At the end a huge standing ovation. Almost got the sense it was as much a thank you for coming as appreciative of the efforts of your opponent. Did you feel the love of the fans today ?

M.S : I think it's really nice to see such great attendance from the beginning of the tournament. It's quite meaningful because, obviously, a lot of tickets are sold for the semis and finals. When you see people come out at the beginning of tournaments, that's really when you feel they're really passionate, true tennis fans.
As a professional player, that's very meaningful.

Q. You said you have areas to work on between now and the US Open. What areas do you see yourself working on to improve for the next tournament and ultimately the US Open ?

M.S : I think it's always, you know, at this level of the sport a few things here and there. You know, it's never just 20% of something. It's 1% or 2% of many things that can ultimately change the result, like maybe it could have today, and given me another opportunity to continue.
Because it didn't, you have a chance to go out on the pratice court and work from there.

Transcript by ASAP Sports

Last edited by Fan de Tennis : Aug 9th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 11:01 AM   #1587
country flag buian

buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light

Sharapova hoping her game is back to 2011 level

Maria Sharapova is looking to re-create the magic she produced at the 2011 Western and Southern Open.

That year, the 27-year old Russian tennis sensation took home the tournament's crown as the fourth seed. Sharapova ousted Jelena Jankovic 6-4, 6-7, 6-3, for her first championship at the Lindner Family Tennis Center in Mason.

After withdrawing from the 2012 event, Sharapova entered the 2013 W&S with high expectations as the No. 3 seed. Those expectations were never met, as Sharapova was upset by American Sloane Stephens in the second round.

"I feel much more refreshed then I did sitting in this chair a year ago," Sharapova said Monday at a press conference. "I feel much more mentally excited to be playing healthy rather than going on a court worrying if I'd be worse."

Last year's W&S was Sharapova's final tournament of the season because of a shoulder injury, but her return has been successful enough that she won the French Open this year for the second time. She also won the Madrid Open in May.
Maria Sharapova practices during the Western and Southern Open at the Lindner Family Tennis Center in Mason on Monday. (Photo: The Enquirer/Leigh Taylor)

"I'm very happy to be here," Sharapova said. "It's been an interesting last 12 months. Obviously it wasn't great having to miss so many tournaments at the end of last year, but turning that around and winning a Grand Slam this year."

Finally healthy, Sharapova has been working on several parts of her game to give her confidence coming into Cincinnati.

"Putting in a bit more work effort into the physical aspect of my game," Sharapova said. "Trying to work more on my weaknesses, which I felt like I did."

Sharapova, the No. 5 seed, will play American Madison Keys in the second round after receiving a opening-round bye.

Keys beat Alize Cornet of France 6-2, 6-4 on Monday.

"I've had some great experiences," Sharapova said about her past appearances in Cincinnati. "Obviously as a former champion, it's always good to come back to a place where you had good success."
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...evel/13933633/
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #1588
country flag buian

The World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes 2014

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade..._medium=social
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #1589

Quote:
Originally Posted by buian View Post
The World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes 2014

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade..._medium=social
The top 3 athletes are very close this year.
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 11:51 PM   #1590
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

M. SHARAPOVA/M. Keys
6‑1, 3‑6, 6‑3
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Can you just talk about the match a little bit and the difference in the second set when the game or match kind of shifted there a bit?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, you know, against Madison, someone who serves really well, it's always, you know, one, two moments that are really crucial in the match. In the first set I returned quite well. I started the match off
really good. Broke her a few times. You know, I think she got a bit more consistent on her groundstrokes in the second set, and there's, you know, some moments in the beginning of that second set where I felt that I
could have, you know, taken the lead and broken her in that third game. I didn't do that, and I think she stepped it up and was able to break me a couple more times. Yeah, but ultimately I was happy with the beginning of the third set. That was really crucial.

Q. Have you practiced much with her before?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not really, no.

Q. Not really?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No.

Q. What did you see in her game that was different that surprised you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, she swings pretty freely. I think she has a very loose arm. For a 19 year old to be serving in the 120s, that's really impressive. I'm sure, you know, when she develops the consistency in the serve it's going to be an important factor. But to have that strength and power to be able to do that is great. You know, I think to definitely improve her second serve, I felt like I could have attacked that quite a bit. But overall, I'm quite impresses. She's done very well this year.

Q. Would you consider her one of the more powerful players on the tour already this year?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely.

Q. You took a bit of a break between the second and third set. You were getting a bit animated towards the end of the second set. Looked like you were frustrated. Was it just to kind of calm down? You came out much more level headed and cooler.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I guess maybe that's just what dry clothes does to you (laughter). It gets you a bit calmer. Yeah, it was just, you know, obviously to change. It's quite humid here.

Q. When you were walking off, the cameras kind of caught you rubbing your right shoulder a little bit as you were exiting court. Is there any issue there?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm bound to feel something when the opponent is serving in the 120s. But, no, it feels good.

Q. When you were gathering yourself between points, are you
literally talking to yourself?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Thinking or talking, something like that. I'm not sure. Depends.

Q. In English or Russian?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It depends. Whatever is easiest and quickest to say. It usually is ‑‑some words are faster to say in Russian or some are faster to say in English.

Q. Today you lost more first return points in the third set as opposed to the second set. Second set you lost. The third set you won.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: What did I win and lose? Sorry.

Q. You lost a lot of return points. In the third set, you actually lost more of them than in the second set. What I want to know is was this another opportunity where you raised your game in the third set or is this a chance where the opponent, you got into their head in the third set?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. As I said, against someone that does have a big weapon on their serves, it's only a matter of a couple points here and there. And when you do get your chance of seeing a couple of second serves, of taking advantage on it, putting a little bit more pressure on them, you know, then when she's down, you know, 1‑3 or 2‑4, it's a bit easier to swing and get better serves in and it's a lot easier to play from ‑‑ obviously from behind, but ‑‑ when you feel you have nothing to lose really.
But, yeah, as I said, it's only just a couple here and there. I took that advantage in the second game of the third set and I was able to, you know, hold my serve for the rest of the third set.

Q. How hard is it playing a player like her first match out this week?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, it's never easy. I think she's a great player and someone that's, you know, using all the experience at the moment and yet doing so well and winning her first big title, having really good wins. These matches, this type of experience is really priceless in her career at 19 years old. So I think it's almost a feeling of being free and really going for her shots and having that free state of mind, which is really nice to have.
But, yeah, personally for me, I didn't have a great week last week. No matter who is across the net, it's never easy going out in the first round because you want to change that result around. You want to change your attitude and your performance and obviously the result.
I was happy to come out today and get the win, because it wasn't
an easy first round.

Q. Were there any flashbacks to the first match last year against Sloane?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not really, actually. I didn't think abou it too much. So that was good.

Q. Do you find as you get older that there are more occasions that you're having doubts about things, or is that something that's more prominent when you're really young or when you're young you just don't think and you just play?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, when you're young every new experience is new and different. It's just a learning experience really and you don't ‑‑you can't really take anything from the past, because maybe you haven't been in that position before. As you grow older and you've been in different types of situations, whether winning or losing or going through tough moments or great moments or confident rides, you know how that feels like in your
mind when you're on court. When you're younger, everything that you take in is very new and fresh. It's a really good feeling, because ultimately that's what sets up the future for you.

Q. You have been an up and coming sort of player to watch and played a lot more with the veterans. Do you take kind of a tiny bit of pleasure sort of showing the new players who's the boss?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not at all. I never really looked at it that way. When I was young and up and coming, you always want to, I guess, put your feet on the ground and show what you're capable of and prove to yourself that you belong there with the top players, no matter how old they are But as you get a little bit older and you're kind of in that middle generation, I enjoy seeing the younger girls doing well and performing well, because that's ultimately the players that are going to be in your spot when you're not playing the sport anymore.
You know, the tennis world will continue with or without you.

Q. Game‑wise, what were you happy with today and what weren't you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I was happy I won the match.
(Laughter.)
Yeah, I mean, in these conditions against a fast‑paced opponent like Madison, it's just a few things here and there that are important and key points that, you know, if you have to your advantage that will make things easier for you. I wasn't happy with not taking advantage early in that second set. Just a few unforced errors. But, yeah, doesn't matter. I'm happy to get through.

Q. How are you feeling about this year in general? I mean, it's been a very good year for you. Interested in your thoughts on how this year has been compared to other years.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I have never been a player to compare year to year, because you always find yourself in a different position facing different opponents, different challenges, different frame of mind.
I'm very happy with what I have been able to achieve this year, because last year it was tough to miss the end of the season, you know, finding yourself in a position where you're hurt again. And having gone through that before, it's just like, Okay, and just finding ways to get back into a healthy state of mind and then a professional state of mind and then a competitive state of mind. It's a big process for somebody that goes through an injury. You know, it's tough to be mentally always, you know, upbeat and positive. So having gone through that and getting a new team around me, there are a lot of changes that happened. I'm very happy with the way we have worked, and everyone is committed into bringing, you know, me to the top. That was great to see from everyone at the French Open, and hope that I can continue that.

Q. You have had a lot of accomplishments in your career: Been No. 1, won slams. You have never had a two‑slam year. Is that something that would be important to you at all?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It would be great to have, definitely. Like I say, I only have one more chance this year to do that, you know, winning the French Open.
But, yeah, it's not something that I have thought of. But I feel like, you know, a lot of people always ask me, like, You're at this stage of your career and you've won Grand Slams and been No. 1. It's just like a broken record player almost. I guess this is a position where it's almost like, Well, you have
everything. You can do whatever you want. I always tend to shake my head, because at this position that's where you, you know, showcase how strong you are and how much you really love it and to show your legacy through the sport. So that's why I admire so much what someone like Venus is doing at
her age, to continue and fight for what she believes because she's so good at the sport. But, yeah, that's why I do it, because I still feel like I have a lot left in me.

Q. Going forward, would you consider playing Fed Cup again for Russia, or would that depend on where in the world you're playing at that time?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I am. I'm planning on playing next year.

Q. You were off the court fairly quickly. No blowing kisses to the crowd. Any particular reason why?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, not really.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote