Maria's best grand slam? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Maria's best

2004 Wimbledon 6 17.14%
2006 US Open 0 0%
2008 Australian Open 19 54.29%
2012 French Open 2 5.71%
2014 French Open 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 6th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #1
country flag aknox

aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of aknox has much to be proud of
Maria's best grand slam?

First Wimbledon, second French Open, or in between?
Originally Posted by ivanxie View Post
Moonball her to death!

Pojd! Ajde! Allez up your...! Vamos?!.......

Last edited by aknox : Aug 23rd, 2014 at 10:27 AM.
aknox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #2
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Maria's best grand slam?

I don't think this is even a contest. AO 2008 will go down in history as her most impressive Slam win, no questions asked The most rewarding one though, at least for me, would have to be a close battle between her two Garroses.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #3
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold

Wimbledon where it all started.
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #4
country flag Shirapova

Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold Shirapova is a splendid one to behold

I voted AO 2008. But FO 2014 comes very close to it.

Her best performance as a tennis player was definetly at AO 2008, but her best performance as a "tough-as-nails-fighter" was definetly FO 2014. FO was a mental triumph whereas at the AO she was tennis-goat. She payed just way too good for simply everyone. Full of confidence and huge tennis throughout the whole tournament even though she actually had a tough draw.

FO 2014 was different. She was playing very shaky tennis and was def not at her best, but I felt like she played every point in that tourney with such a grit. She wanted every point so badly and just didn't let loose. What a grinder and what a fighter she was in every match. Her opponents were maybe not that big going by their name, but everyone of them was playing huge tennis and giving everything (Halep, Bouchard, Muguruza). FO 2014 was the year of Houdinipova.

Very tough decision but I go with AO 08, but it's about how you interpret "best".

"Nur wer sich selbst das letzte an Leistung abverlangt, wird über den Durchschnitt hinauskommen."
Shirapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM   #5
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirapova View Post
I voted AO 2008. But FO 2014 comes very close to it.

Her best performance as a tennis player was definetly at AO 2008, but her best performance as a "tough-as-nails-fighter" was definetly FO 2014. FO was a mental triumph whereas at the AO she was tennis-goat. She payed just way too good for simply everyone. Full of confidence and huge tennis throughout the whole tournament even though she actually had a tough draw.

FO 2014 was different. She was playing very shaky tennis and was def not at her best, but I felt like she played every point in that tourney with such a grit. She wanted every point so badly and just didn't let loose. What a grinder and what a fighter she was in every match. Her opponents were maybe not that big going by their name, but everyone of them was playing huge tennis and giving everything (Halep, Bouchard, Muguruza). FO 2014 was the year of Houdinipova.

Very tough decision but I go with AO 08, but it's about how you interpret "best".
Reputation is added
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #6
country flag josejaviergud

josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of josejaviergud has much to be proud of

Wimbledon then 2nd Roland Garros

https://twitter.com/josejaviergud

Last edited by josejaviergud : Aug 6th, 2014 at 09:31 PM.
josejaviergud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #7
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirapova View Post
FO 2014 was the year of Houdinipova.
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 11:08 PM   #8
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

i love AO 2008 for the ruthlessness of the win. plus i started stanning for her after that. however, the 2nd french is different tho. i cried watching her win that one. i didnt when she beat errani. errani was a formality. halep was an obstacle. seeing how the trophy meant to her after the win, in the pressers, you'd see it was extra special.

still,i voted for AO 2008. that run deserves to be shown in tennis academies for kids to study. LOL
malarkist is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #9
Rogue.

Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold Rogue. is a splendid one to behold

2012 French Open for me was the best as a fan. Tennis-wise it's clearly her Australian Open.

I also think her US Open doesn't get enough love. The way she dismantled the top 2 players in the world back-to-back was really something.

MS.VW.PK.GM.NV.

Last edited by Rogue. : Aug 12th, 2014 at 06:41 AM.
Rogue. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 07:14 PM   #10
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

FO 2014 for me. She was on the verge of losing so many times in a row, but got on top through sheer guts and determination. If someone who doesn't know tennis would want to know what Sharapova is all about you'd send them the footage of her matches at the FO 2014. It very often wasn't her best tennis, but it was mind over matter, which is the essence of Sharapova's greatness. Therefore it's the slam win from Maria that is the most precious to me, even though she played at a higher level at the others. Everyone can win when they are on. Few can win and keep on winning day after day when the're not.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #11
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
FO 2014 for me. She was on the verge of losing so many times in a row, but got on top through sheer guts and determination. If someone who doesn't know tennis would want to know what Sharapova is all about you'd send them the footage of her matches at the FO 2014. It very often wasn't her best tennis, but it was mind over matter, which is the essence of Sharapova's greatness. Therefore it's the slam win from Maria that is the most precious to me, even though she played at a higher level at the others. Everyone can win when they are on. Few can win and keep on winning day after day when the're not.
Agree with this x10000, even though I picked AO 2008, purely because it was the most impressive win game-wise. But you are absolutely right about FO 2014. I'd say it's a title I cherish the most out of all of them

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2014, 11:19 PM   #12
country flag Strawberried4t55

Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice Strawberried4t55 is just really nice

AO 2008 in terms of her level of play, but I voted FO 2014 because it was the most rewarding for me in terms of a fan, so many times she could have left this tournament without coming close to a trophy, her game completely abandoned her, but her will and desire never did.
Strawberried4t55 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote