Montréal R2: Coco Vandeweghe def. Ana "Top 10" Ivanovic 6-7, 7-6, 6-4 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #46
country flag Jonah Leon

Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of
Re: Monteal: (Q) CoCo "All Court Play" Vandeweghe outslugs #10 Ana Ivanovic: 6/7 7/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
And we don't. She got injured DURING the match last week, and tweaked it again after trying to run for a dead net cord Coco hit. It was clear to anyone watching that she couldn't even defend well on her FH side.

Despite being injured and in pain, she respected her opponent and kept battling.

Coco played awesome tennis and her serve was almost flawless, but let's not pretend Ana was fully capable here.
That is so true, you are correct all the way. I hope all the other posters realize what you say. Also as you mention, that is so nice of Ana how she has respect always for the opponent to finish the match. It shows how classy and what a great sport she is!
Jonah Leon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #47
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Monteal: (Q) CoCo "All Court Play" Vandeweghe outslugs #10 Ana Ivanovic: 6/7 7/6

Quote:
And we don't. She got injured DURING the match last week, and tweaked it again after trying to run for a dead net cord Coco hit. It was clear to anyone watching that she couldn't even defend well on her FH side.

Despite being injured and in pain, she respected her opponent and kept battling.

Coco played awesome tennis and her serve was almost flawless, but let's not pretend Ana was fully capable here.
Couldn't say it better.

Well deserved win for Coco.

Sucide: 50 W: Baku '13
FITD Singles: 64 W: 's-Hertogenbosch '14, Quebec '14
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #48
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:

You sure about that?

Considering:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah Leon View Post
Ana was injured! That doesn't matter...Coco can be all the happiness she wants be it's not a real victory in the end because Ana is injured.
A victory is a victory. And Ana was 3-0 up.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:52 AM   #49
country flag renisenb

renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all renisenb is a name known to all

I really like this girl, her bombastic shots, her go-for-broke style, her attitude, everything

Yes, her coach is pretty awesome, and how bad must Gambill have been, he wasted years off of her life.
If they could clean her up a bit, she could be the future face of tennis
renisenb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:54 AM   #50
country flag LillaM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Umm Coco does well to stay in the match in the 2nd set and Ana should be annoyed by her self to not win but after she is winning in the last set, she can do nothing. She would have lost to all players in the Top 200.
That's simply not true. This wasn't a 6-0 third set with Ana not moving at all.

While Ana was clearly hindered, she still could have closed it out but she made somes stupid mistakes that cost her the match while CoCo kept calm.

I would have prefered a retirement here but she didn't do that

I'm also impressed with the way Coco has improved her game outside of her serve
LillaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:55 AM   #51
country flag Balltossovic
O,fficial Blood Pressure Checker of Anapolis

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
You sure about that?

Considering:

A victory is a victory. And Ana was 3-0 up.
You generalizing what ONE poster said. And he just got here. It's clear by his posts the poor thing doesn't know how things are around here

Did you see any of the other Ana fans say that? And even if we did, it wouldn't be a lie. She was, in fact, injured

This is what the Ana fans had to say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic2008 View Post
Ana
She really should've retired. She was just hurting herself more and it wasn't worth it.

Congrats to Coco though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillaM View Post
Coco deserved that win. Ana's hips were bothering her again and she didn't run in some cases but the mistakes she made had nothing to do with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Ana has had a great season, but she's really also had her fair share of tough, depressing losses to go with the success. Just over the past week, she could have won that match against Serena and she certainly could have won tonight against Coco. But all Ana has to show for the great fight and effort are 2 losses and an injured body. She needs to take it easy before the US Open.

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:56 AM   #52
country flag Jonah Leon

Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillaM View Post
That's simply not true. This wasn't a 6-0 third set with Ana not moving at all.

While Ana was clearly hindered, she still could have closed it out but she made somes stupid mistakes that cost her the match while CoCo kept calm.

I would have prefered a retirement here but she didn't do that

I'm also impressed with the way Coco has improved her game outside of her serve
But you have just said the same thing almost as myself I just say but Ana losing to players in the top 200, it's because in the end she has trouble to move and it stopped her from winning in the end. But yes, she could still win earlier without this problem.
Jonah Leon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:58 AM   #53
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Greatest American Tennis Player.
██████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:59 AM   #54
country flag LillaM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But you have just said the same thing almost as myself I just say but Ana losing to players in the top 200, it's because in the end she has trouble to move and it stopped her from winning in the end. But yes, she could still win earlier without this problem.
I just hade an issue with you saying that it wasn't a 'real' victory This deminishes Coco performance in this match.
LillaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:59 AM   #55
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ana was injured! That doesn't matter...Coco can be all the happiness she wants be it's not a real victory in the end because Ana is injured. You can even see by her self on the court, she doesn't play her normal level. Also, I am shocked that Coco acts so rude against Ana when she clearly can't move properly. And also, some of the Coco fans are rude also, they were so strange on the live commentary. Luckily though, the injury is not too bad and I think Ana will be fine for next week!
Now Serena will probably win again.
oh stop it. My girl Coco was the best. First 5 service games: won 4 of them at love. What do you call that? Ivanovic played one of her best match. Never seen her serve so well. Don't try to cheapen Coco Gutsy Win.

Last edited by Serve2Win : Aug 7th, 2014 at 03:07 PM.
Serve2Win is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 05:00 AM   #56
country flag Cartfly

Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all Cartfly is a name known to all

Bouchard's fans are called GenieArmy. Li Na's are called LiNation. So Ana Ivanovic's are called MedicalTeam.
Cartfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 05:00 AM   #57
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
oh stop it. My girl Coco was the best. First 5 service games: won for of them at love. What do you call that? Ivanovic played one of her best match. Never seen her serve so well. Don't try to cheapen Coco Gutsy Win.
Are you following tennis... since 2013?

Old Aug 7th, 2014, 05:01 AM   #58
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
oh stop it. My girl Coco was the best. First 5 service games: won for of them at love. What do you call that? Ivanovic played one of her best match. Never seen her serve so well. Don't try to cheapen Coco Gutsy Win.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 05:02 AM   #59
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
So true

This was way too much stress while i'm on my vacation Thank god for livestream on my iPad.
Na Night
Dang.. Can't get the stream working on my Android Samsung tablet.
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 05:02 AM   #60
Milan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartfly View Post
Bouchard's fans are called GenieArmy. Li Na's are called LiNation. So Ana Ivanovic's are called MedicalTeam.