"Say what's on your mind" thread - rant, complain, celebrate or whatever - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 11:51 PM   #286
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: "Say what's on your mind" thread - rant, complain, celebrate or whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Mijacika retired and Akiki will be back soon Other
Thanks for the info

Not at all surprised that Mijacika retired--but I'm thrilled that Indire is coming back. Where did you hear that?
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 11:57 PM   #287
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Primorac was seeded at $10K Rovereto MD this week but is in $10K Vienna qualies for next week

Interesting that one European $10K draw could be so much stronger than another one on consecutive weeks.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 11:58 PM   #288
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Thanks for the info

Not at all surprised that Mijacika retired--but I'm thrilled that Indire is coming back. Where did you hear that?
99 % CRO players are in contact with Croatian tennis on facebook

Mijacika
Quote:
da prestala Sam 2012. sa turnirima zbog teške situacije u obitelji,i naravno bila sam bez sponzora pa je bilo tesko pomišljat vratit se,a bez toga se po mom mišljenju nemoze probit u 100na wta
Akiki
Quote:
Nema me radi zdravstvenih problema,jer da je sve u redu sigurno bi bila na terenima. Da,planiram se vratiti,nadam se da ce do kraja godine to biti moguce.

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 09:25 AM   #289
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Vekić Martić Lucic out in QR1
Aussieljanović out in R1
Lucic Jurak out in R1 doubles

wow

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 03:56 AM   #290
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post
Vekić Martić Lucic out in QR1
Aussieljanović out in R1
Lucic Jurak out in R1 doubles

The last one still playing this week is--wait for it--Antonela Susak

Old Aug 23rd, 2014, 11:51 AM   #291
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

How everything changes quickly.
Australian Open MD: 5 croats (Vekic, Konjuh, Lucic, Martic, Tomljanovic)
US Open MD: 2 croats (Vekic, Lucic)
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2014, 12:56 PM   #292
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Well Ana is too young and lost due to experience...while Petra is totally out of form...and well...Ajla...
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 04:49 PM   #293
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Mijacika retired and Akiki will be back soon Other
Mijacika is playing Bol doubles this week. She hasn't played for two years.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 06:35 PM   #294
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Mijacika is playing Bol doubles this week. She hasn't played for two years.
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 02:11 PM   #295
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

I think Majoli might reconsider her choices.
I think it's time to have Mirjana back in Fed Cup. Petra and Ajla are and Mirjana would be good for the team. Not only for doubles, but also singles since Donna's in bad form.

For me CRO team should be Lucic, Konjuh, Vekic, Jurak(Martic).
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 08:58 AM   #296
country flag networthy

In my opinion, the current state of Croatian women's tennis. What do you all think?

Trending up
Konjuh: No progress lately, but how can you not feel good about her future?
Lucic-Baroni: Granted, based on just her last result--but she looked healthy, confident and motivated
Mikulcic: She keeps rising to the occasion as new challenges and opportunities present themselves
Mekovec: She looks under-ranked sitting outside the top 400
Lekaj: See Mekovec
Lukas: Somehow, she's close to the top 500
Fett: Making a nice transition into the pros
Alibalic: Takes advantage of extremely lucky draws to keep collecting ranking points

Trending down
Martic: From "top talent" to "walking bye"
Vekic: From "next big thing" to "walking bye"
Savic: Sadly mismanaged career

Treading water
Vrljic: Retirement looms
Mrdeza: Hard to see her getting back to near the top 150
Njiric: Keep moving, folks--nothing to see here
Primorac: Promising player but hasn't had her breakthrough
Susak: Wasn't she supposed to be a talent? Her career went nowhere
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #297
country flag MKhromachev

MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold

Susak was never going to make it big, so fragile, body and mentally, suffered mono, studies law these days, plays for fun .. Savic on occasions a nice girl, doesnt have a winning mentality in my opinion .. Mekovec, Lekaj, Lukas, well maybe some of them some day will make something but I guess you know how many players simply fit into ITF level and thats it .. to me they seem like that ..

WWW.TKPOMAK.HR

Academy of Goran Ivanisevic, Petra Martic, Antonio Veic, Mario Ancic, Sanja Ancic, Karen Khachanov, Roman Safiullin, Ksenia Laskutova, Ana Savic, Emma Flood, ...
MKhromachev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 11:12 PM   #298
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Primorac: Promising player but hasn't had her breakthrough
She's only 18

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 01:27 PM   #299
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

I know it's still a bit early but I'd rate 2014 as very good for Croatian tennis (probably best season in last 5). Look at the results:
- first singles WTA title since 2002
- first doubles WTA title since idk when but it was a while
- multiple grand slam deep runs: 2x4th round, 1x3rd round
- sucess at lower levels: Mekovec, Mikulcic and Lekaj consistently reaching ITF finals and semifinals and improving their ranking
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #300
country flag networthy

Marin into the USO final