*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 64 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 07:20 PM   #946
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Is Quebec City directly after the US Open? If not, maybe that would be a good place to pick up match rhythm too. I think it's a good tactic to play an MM in the upcoming months if she's feeling healthy. And Quebec's draw will be very soft.
Quebec City is directly after the US Open.
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 09:54 PM   #947
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

wTennisPhotos.com ‏@wtennisphotos
Full draw @CoupeRogers

Coupe Rogers ‏@CoupeRogers
Pic of 2014 #CoupeRogers complete singles main draw.

Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 10:08 PM   #948
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

She is not playing that bad, but a bit worried she has lost something in her game. Hopefully i just underestimate how hard it is to get back from a long injury break.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 10:33 PM   #949
country flag Gaz.
Amazing Member

Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute

Cornet in R2.

I doubt she's getting any further and if so, Cibulkova will peak in R3 100%
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:20 PM   #950
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

If Vika stinks up the court against Cornet like at US Open...
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:46 PM   #951
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

I don't blame the draws, this is the top level, and if she finds her form the draw will never be a problem.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 01:21 AM   #952
country flag MrPitiful

MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I hate saying this because Venus is a legend and a champion and as long as she keeps playing she's going to draw a major crowd, but Venus is overrated these days. The nature of her illness means she's going to be refreshed and at her peak at the beginning of a tournament and get more fatigued as the match or tournament progresses. Had Vika managed to take that second set, she probably would have won regardless of her inconsistent form. And Venus will probably in the next round.

Vika really needed to play a smaller event (Istabul/Washington D.C.) to get a softer draw and build some match rhythm. Venus was never going to give her that due to her gamestyle. That said, there were flashes of Peak Vika last night. She's inconsistent because she hasn't played a lot of matches and this is what happens to players who are returning from a serious injury. Until she starts getting matches under her belt, she's going to remain inconsistent.

It could a blessing in disguise for her to drop out of the top ten. We know that aside from Serena and Peak-on-Grass Kvitova Vika can beat any of them. It just means the draws are going to get even more chaotic. That said, Vika has next to nothing to defend after the US Open aside from Brisbane and the AO.
Exactly... Like Ivanovic did very well this year
MrPitiful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 01:23 AM   #953
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I like this. Cornet is exactly the type of player she's been needing to play. Someone who won't come at her big, someone who will give her rhythm. This is the type of match she needs.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 01:49 AM   #954
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Having a blasted bye didn't help at all . Veeyoncé wasn't that great in her first match, but had time to sort out kinks and build rhythm while Vika didn't. She also only gets first round points despite potentially having been able to reach the second found.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Well, if she keeps losing she won't have any stupid byes.

Though I agree. Right now she needs to get some matches in against some scrubs just to get back into the flow of things before she faces any quality players. Venus is past her prime, but can still put together some good play at times.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 01:58 AM   #955
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Cornet, Cibulkova, Radwanska, Errani, Kuzzy and Keys

Inevitable fuckery
Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Is Her Last Name Ivanovic?!

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:41 AM   #956
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Cornet might give her some rhythm...anyways its all in Vika's hands. She needs to step up!!

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 11:00 AM   #957
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I like this. Cornet is exactly the type of player she's been needing to play. Someone who won't come at her big, someone who will give her rhythm. This is the type of match she needs.
Agree.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 02:17 PM   #958
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

cornet won't be easy when vika is suffering from massive UEs. cornet gets a lot of balls back.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 04:41 PM   #959
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen V. View Post
Cornet, Cibulkova, Radwanska, Errani, Kuzzy and Keys

Inevitable fuckery
I am not so much worried about Domi Cibulkova or Aga Radwanska, if Vika just find a decent form to play in Montreal. Domi surely had a great start for this season, but somehow she lost her edge after Donna Vekic beat her in Kuala Lumpur final. In Stanford as a defending champion she lost her R1 match. http://tennis.matchstat.com/Player/Dominika%20Cibulkova

What comes to Aga, this is not like the 2012 season for her. As we all remember she finally beat Vika in Australian Open, but after that her biggest achievement has been the Indian Wells final where she lost to Flavia Pennetta. Even if Aga has played quite a lot, she still hasn't won a title in this season, not even in Katowice. http://tennis.matchstat.com/Player/A...ka%20Radwanska

But Alize Cornet can be very dangerous opponent in a good day, and even Serena Williams had to admit twice in this season. Surely she is a bit drama queen, but Vika has to play well to beat her in Montreal. Besides sometimes Vika seems to inspire her opponents to play better than usually.
http://tennis.matchstat.com/Player/Alize%20Cornet

It's time to choose your team for the #CoupeRogers!
Vote in our poll-->
https://epoll.me/v/ACQb315v-hE
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 07:07 PM   #960
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

It's up to Vika. She's not playing poorly necessarily nor is she totally unfit (I still believe the thigh strapping is preventative and protective since she hasn't played at all this year). She's simply extremely inconsistent. You can practice and train but you can't duplicate matches and the pressure and the necessity of immediate adjustments in point construction. There were points and streaks against Venus the other night that was vintage Vika.

She needs matches, she needs to win those tight games again. Once she gets that under control, she'll be dangerous again.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote