Hopman Cup 2015 - suggestions? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 30th, 2014, 10:25 AM   #1
country flag ChrisCologne

ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all
Hopman Cup 2015 - suggestions?

Is it just me or who wants to have a guess at who will go to Perth 2015?

My impression is that each other 2-3 stars of the last year or rising stars are asked to come, just to present Perth with the "future" of tennis just like Dimitrow and Bouchard were asked in recent years

So who is asked THIS TIME?

My guesses

1) Australia - set, as host: My guess is Kyrgios as he was the hit in Wimbledon, teamed with Dellacqua (Stosur was dissster each year)
2) USA - set, as each time there, again with Isner, as he was asked often in last 5 year, teamed with either Venus or Keys I think

Serena will go to Brisbane the week after and after Stephens´ slump mayber Townsend or Keys are the ones they will ask to come

I think France will decline as Tsonga finally won it and won´t come. Maybe Cornet with Gasquet, but I doubt it

3) Japan - I think they will ask Nishikori as he is a hit this year, and maybe team him with Date in a farewell year?!
4) Canada - I think Bouchard and Roanic will be paid lots of money to return as they didn´t live up to their promise 2014
5) Either Spain or Italy will be re-invited as they draw crowds down under. My tip goes to both nations and with Pennetta & Muguruza

I am not sure about Poland as it was a desaster in recent years with Denmark or Poland and just 1 big name+a nobody

If Haas would be fit, maybe him or Petkovic/Lisicki would return, but I do not see a German apart from Haas, maybe Dustin Brown, to play this event. Brown teaming Petkovic or Lisicki would be awesome

Any other suggestions?
ChrisCologne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 05:11 PM   #2
country flag theseekers

theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all
Re: Hopman Cup 2015 - suggestions?

switzerland with hingis and federer
theseekers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #3
country flag azbang

azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light

Kyrgios and Tomlajanovic
azbang is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #4
country flag azbang

azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light azbang is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseekers View Post
switzerland with hingis and federer
Omg yes lol
azbang is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 05:46 AM   #5
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a Czech team?

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 05:48 PM   #6
country flag Adidas Dude

Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold Adidas Dude is a splendid one to behold

Cyprus - Marcos Baghdatis & Karolina Sprem.

That's what Marcos wants anyway. His dream is for him and Karolina to play Hopman Cup together and then represent Cyprus together, playing mixed at the Rio Olympics in 2016.
Adidas Dude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #7
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCologne View Post
Is it just me or who wants to have a guess at who will go to Perth 2015?

My impression is that each other 2-3 stars of the last year or rising stars are asked to come, just to present Perth with the "future" of tennis just like Dimitrow and Bouchard were asked in recent years

So who is asked THIS TIME?

My guesses

1) Australia - set, as host: My guess is Kyrgios as he was the hit in Wimbledon, teamed with Dellacqua (Stosur was dissster each year)
2) USA - set, as each time there, again with Isner, as he was asked often in last 5 year, teamed with either Venus or Keys I think

Serena will go to Brisbane the week after and after Stephens´ slump mayber Townsend or Keys are the ones they will ask to come

I think France will decline as Tsonga finally won it and won´t come. Maybe Cornet with Gasquet, but I doubt it

3) Japan - I think they will ask Nishikori as he is a hit this year, and maybe team him with Date in a farewell year?!
4) Canada - I think Bouchard and Roanic will be paid lots of money to return as they didn´t live up to their promise 2014
5) Either Spain or Italy will be re-invited as they draw crowds down under. My tip goes to both nations and with Pennetta & Muguruza

I am not sure about Poland as it was a desaster in recent years with Denmark or Poland and just 1 big name+a nobody

If Haas would be fit, maybe him or Petkovic/Lisicki would return, but I do not see a German apart from Haas, maybe Dustin Brown, to play this event. Brown teaming Petkovic or Lisicki would be awesome

Any other suggestions?

THIS
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 04:34 AM   #8
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

First player announcement I believe will be tomorrow.
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #9
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Luxembourg please with Minella and Muller!!

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZE LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #10
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute

My ideal line-ups:

AUSTRALIA: Casey Dellacqua & Nick Kyrgios
SERBIA: Ana Ivanovic & Filip Krajinovic
UKRAINE: Elina Svitolina & Alexandr Dolgopolov
AMERICA: Venus Williams & Jack Sock
JAPAN: Kimiko Date-Krumm & Kei Nishikori
FRANCE: Caroline Garcia & Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
SPAIN: Garbine Muguruza & Fernando Verdasco
UNITED KINGDOM: Laura Robson & Andy Murray
DOUBLES TITLES: 2014 Osaka (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Quebec City (w/goOudinUSA),
2014 Biarritz $100K (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Nottingham $50K (w/cornet224),
2014 Melbourne $15K (w/cornet224)
Idemo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 02:21 AM   #11
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE: Dellacqua & Kyrgios are confirmed for Australia!
DOUBLES TITLES: 2014 Osaka (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Quebec City (w/goOudinUSA),
2014 Biarritz $100K (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Nottingham $50K (w/cornet224),
2014 Melbourne $15K (w/cornet224)
Idemo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 04:55 AM   #12
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Makarova or Kuznetsova with Youzhny would be nice

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #13
country flag Zhang Sijie

Zhang Sijie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idemo View Post
My ideal line-ups:

AUSTRALIA: Casey Dellacqua & Nick Kyrgios
SERBIA: Ana Ivanovic & Filip Krajinovic
UKRAINE: Elina Svitolina & Alexandr Dolgopolov
AMERICA: Venus Williams & Jack Sock
JAPAN: Kimiko Date-Krumm & Kei Nishikori
FRANCE: Caroline Garcia & Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
SPAIN: Garbine Muguruza & Fernando Verdasco
UNITED KINGDOM: Laura Robson & Andy Murray
No Switzerland?
Zhang Sijie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #14
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Radek Stepanek will play Hopman cup with Lucy Safarova

http://www.sport.cz/ostatni/tenis/cl...ou.html#hp-sez
Old Sep 25th, 2014, 02:31 PM   #15
country flag rafal15ok

rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light rafal15ok is a glorious beacon of light

I think Japan will be my favorite
rafal15ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote