2014 American adventure (Cheering Thread) - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2014, 10:03 AM   #481
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: 2014 American adventure (Cheering Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
She is obviously going thru some rough patch, you know this is not her level. Bojana might have some better results but by all means, do you really think she is a better player than Sorana ?
Yes, I really think the Serbian is better than Sorana. Time will tell.
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2014, 11:53 AM   #482
country flag gabeee.

gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Pretty much the same thing against Jovanoski... she did limit her DF's to only one in the third but that probably meant she was just lobing second serves over the net for Jovanoski to attack

I wonder what to expect now from Canada. Will she take it as a huge pressure to defend last year... or will she think positive and take it as a confidence boost to be back where she once was goating... You never know what to expect with Sorana
i personally am not expecting big things, she won't be seeded so chances are we'll see a very premature elimination. it's a lot of pressure on her.
gabeee. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 12:11 PM   #483
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post

I wonder what to expect now from Canada. Will she take it as a huge pressure to defend last year... or will she think positive and take it as a confidence boost to be back where she once was goating... You never know what to expect with Sorana
Maybe Cahill will be there to pet her and work his magic and see 2-3 wins somehow, though it's difficult to believe.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 03:49 PM   #484
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Rogers Cup is played in Montreal this year, whereas Sori had her success in Toronto last year. Two years ago, in Montreal, Sori lost 6-0 6-0 in first round of qualifying to Sesil Karetancheva.
Not that Sorana's past results are any indication of future performance. Regardless of how far she gets in Montreal next week, I feel she is slowly getting back to a decent form. I know she has a ton of points to defend, but she can still pick up a lot of points in Cincinnati (which she skipped last year).
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 08:27 PM   #485
country flag gabeee.

gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice gabeee. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
Rogers Cup is played in Montreal this year, whereas Sori had her success in Toronto last year. Two years ago, in Montreal, Sori lost 6-0 6-0 in first round of qualifying to Sesil Karetancheva.
Not that Sorana's past results are any indication of future performance. Regardless of how far she gets in Montreal next week, I feel she is slowly getting back to a decent form. I know she has a ton of points to defend, but she can still pick up a lot of points in Cincinnati (which she skipped last year).
Sori lost the match being on the main draw, Sesil was a qualifier. :P

i agree with the second part, she's shown some signs of improvement. i wish the Washington tournament was streamed though.
gabeee. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 05:48 PM   #486
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I really wonder what is wrong with her serve. She had shoulder problems, but I thought she recovered. Hard to say without having watched her matches this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Jovanovski must be really fit . She played a lot of matches in the last days. (and long ones) . Thought she must be tired and Sorana might prevail in the 3rd set but it wasn't the case.
This is exactly what I thought as well, but then again my judgment might be strained by the fact that most of the players I support usually get injured after having gone far in one tournament and are set to bomb out in R1 the week after. It seems that there are exceptions, though. However, hard to say how this match unfolded without a stream.

I'm already surprised she beat Bertens, to be honest. That was a good win.

Quote:
She is obviously going thru some rough patch, you know this is not her level. Bojana might have some better results but by all means, do you really think she is a better player than Sorana ?
Well, she has already won two slams: Baku and Tashkent

They are both very incosnsistent, but Jovanovski is at least able to deliver at the glorified MMs, while Sorana's motivation for these tournaments seems equal to mine visiting the dentist. In my opinion they are currently the two weakest player inside the Top 50 judged by this year's results.

I'm actually scared to see Sorana being stuck down in the rankings for the next couple of years. She will not make the cut-off for more prestigious events anymore and has to win matches in lower tier events for once.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 09:56 PM   #487

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Montreal MD :

R1 : Cirstea - (15) Safarova
R2 : Cirstea/Safarova - Riske/Rybarikova
R3 : Cirstea/Safarova/Riske/Rybarikova - (1) S.Williams/Qualifier/Stosur

R3 would be a miracle ATM but you never know. Good luck though.

Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt_Aa-AIYAA9VlD.jpg

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 09:57 PM   #488

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
R3 would be a miracle ATM but you never know. Good luck though.
Nope. Second round would be a miracle.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 09:01 AM   #489
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Nope. Second round would be a miracle.
It's easy.... she just has to use forhand slice
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 04:11 PM   #490

Re: 2014 U.S.A adventure (Cheering Thread)

Quote:

Toronto points will probably keep her in Top 35-40 but after Toronto , OMG :|

Nailed it. Top 35 unless Nara makes the Washington final.

But behold for next week : http://www.tennis4wta.com/Siralama/s51_100.html . #80 as of next week's live rankings.

Old Aug 4th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #491
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

No comment she lost and now will be ranking around 80, i think is deserved. Good luck in your futher tournaments.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 10:15 PM   #492

Nid
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 05:09 AM   #493
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she can fix up her game. A higher level of fitness might help her to make better decisions oncourt too.

She needs to have a good run in at least some of the US tournaments, US Open especially.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 06:39 AM   #494
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

The next week rankings will reflect exactly where her form is at the moment but not her potential. Some of you here forget how great this girl can play if she has the right guidance, when her morale is up. She has the right game but somehow manage to make some wrong decisions on court, gets frustrated really fast and than tries to end the point too soon, trying to skip over the construction of it. In my thinking, as a tennis outsider, this is Ionita`s fault, since he can`t make her be more calm and focused on court. He needs to go ! The only time I saw Sorana being coached by someone else was Toronto last year, and that went great, so why not ?!?!
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #495

Quote:
The next week rankings will reflect exactly where her form is at the moment but not her potential. Some of you here forget how great this girl can play if she has the right guidance, when her morale is up. She has the right game but somehow manage to make some wrong decisions on court, gets frustrated really fast and than tries to end the point too soon, trying to skip over the construction of it. In my thinking, as a tennis outsider, this is Ionita`s fault, since he can`t make her be more calm and focused on court. He needs to go ! The only time I saw Sorana being coached by someone else was Toronto last year, and that went great, so why not ?!?!
Cahill pet her this year too in USA and another few times in 2013. I don't remember in 2012 but she works with the Adidas team for some time. If I didn't say this yet ,she needs someone who can put her to respect all in all and Ionita got too close in terms of coach-player 'relationship' to change something. It could be seen also yesterday when he was called on court.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App