Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread - Volume 2!!! - Page 202 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #3016
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread - Volume 2!!!

Congrats David.

Your girls should've won in three, but win is a win. The quality of the match wasn't anywhere good, but fighting spirit they had shown was amazing.

Too bad they're playing Belgium next, but I think they can beat Cuba as Cuban team totally fell apart.

V. Petković Dis
Milan. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #3017
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
Of course, it's one of the most popular sports in Serbia, because both women and men teams are world class.

I've trained volleyball for two years as well.
Sadly, Women's volleyball are only famous here. Not of both genders. I hate Serbia after they beat Japan

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
dogwonder24 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #3018
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwonder24 View Post
Sadly, Women's volleyball are only famous here. Not of both genders. I hate Serbia after they beat Japan

We were and are simply better than Japan.

V. Petković Dis
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 09:09 PM   #3019
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Congrats David.

Your girls should've won in three, but win is a win. The quality of the match wasn't anywhere good, but fighting spirit they had shown was amazing.

Too bad they're playing Belgium next, but I think they can beat Cuba as Cuban team totally fell apart.
They were crap for the most part.

However, I think it was due to the fact this was the very first match for both teams.

I got to watch Poland VS Belgium as well the quality wasn't so sharp, either. Hopefully all the teams will get better with the matches.

Seriously, though. Saving two set points to match point only to lose the third set anyway.

I was like, are you all last named Ivanovic? and when they won all three of their sets I did my fistpumps (kinda Ana like). (Can't blame me for getting into it I guess )

It was really nice, though. I had a lot of fun.

And Cuba? We're not playing them until next week. This week our group is with Canada, Belgium and Poland.

Although I didn't hear good references from Cuba after their loss to the Netherlands.

Here's a picture. (I have more, but this one just to start).

P.S: That was before the match started. The arena got fuller moments later when it began.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (81.9 KB, 6 views)
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #3020
Milan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
They were crap for the most part.

However, I think it was due to the fact this was the very first match for both teams.

I got to watch Poland VS Belgium as well the quality wasn't so sharp, either. Hopefully all the teams will get better with the matches.

Seriously, though. Saving two set points to match point only to lose the third set anyway.

I was like, are you all last named Ivanovic? and when they won all three of their sets I did my fistpumps (kinda Ana like). (Can't blame me for getting into it I guess )

It was really nice, though. I had a lot of fun.

And Cuba? We're not playing them until next week. This week our group is with Canada, Belgium and Poland.

Although I didn't hear good references from Cuba after their loss to the Netherlands.

Here's a picture. (I have more, but this one just to start).

P.S: That was before the match started. The arena got fuller moments later when it began.
Belgium's the bronze medalist from last ECh, they've beaten us in 5 tough sets in the match for the bronze.

Good luck against Poland, many of their good players have retired, I guess home crowd will help your team.

I was really surprised that volleyball is that popular in Peru, it was almost full.

V. Petković Dis
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 10:29 PM   #3021
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Belgium's the bronze medalist from last ECh, they've beaten us in 5 tough sets in the match for the bronze.

Good luck against Poland, many of their good players have retired, I guess home crowd will help your team.

I was really surprised that volleyball is that popular in Peru, it was almost full.
We are playing Belgium in two hours.

Poland is playing Canada right now. I'm watching the match on TV and Poland won the first set but Canada is leading in the second.

Unfortunately I won't attend today since I have other plans at night but it seems I'll go back tomorrow to watch Peru VS Poland and Canada VS Belgium.

I expect things to get really tough starting today, much harder than yesterday.

And yes, volleyball is one of the most popular sports here, mainly for women. Although now guys play it a lot as well.

There used to be a saying here that says that if you're a boy, you have to grow up playing football (which was my case ) and that if you're a girl, you have to grow up playing volleyball.

Women's volleyball is very popular as a whole and is still the sport most girls practice here.

In the South American championships, only two countries in history of the whole continent have the event. Brazil and Peru.

Our team used to be a force in the 70s, 80s and early 90s before a really bad decline.

There's hopes on this new team. Although a lot of our players are very, very young and barely getting experience.
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 11:02 PM   #3022
Milan.

Quote:
We are playing Belgium in two hours.

Poland is playing Canada right now. I'm watching the match on TV and Poland won the first set but Canada is leading in the second.

Unfortunately I won't attend today since I have other plans at night but it seems I'll go back tomorrow to watch Peru VS Poland and Canada VS Belgium.

I expect things to get really tough starting today, much harder than yesterday.

And yes, volleyball is one of the most popular sports here, mainly for women. Although now guys play it a lot as well.

There used to be a saying here that says that if you're a boy, you have to grow up playing football (which was my case ) and that if you're a girl, you have to grow up playing volleyball.

Women's volleyball is very popular as a whole and is still the sport most girls practice here.

In the South American championships, only two countries in history of the whole continent have the event. Brazil and Peru.

Our team used to be a force in the 70s, 80s and early 90s before a really bad decline.

There's hopes on this new team. Although a lot of our players are very, very young and barely getting experience.
Let's hope this generation will back old glory to Peru.

V. Petković Dis
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #3023
country flag Panther24

Poland beat Canada as expected. Although they needed 4 sets to do it.

They did pretty well to rebound after that second set letdown.

Quote:
Let's hope this generation will back old glory to Peru.
From your mouth to God's ears.

I won't get my hopes up, though. I'll remain realistic pessimistic.
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #3024
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
We were and are simply better than Japan.
Being the bronze medalist at the Olympics two years ago was no fluke

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 12:49 AM   #3025
Milan.

Quote:
Being the bronze medalist at the Olympics two years ago was no fluke

Sure it wasn't, but they don't have as good players as we have.

It's other story that we have bad head coach, who isn't capable to lead that team. I think he'll never learn not to play with 7 same players all the time at one competition and let others to sit on the bench.

Quote:
From your mouth to God's ears.

I won't get my hopes up, though. I'll remain realistic pessimistic.

V. Petković Dis
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 12:53 AM   #3026
country flag dogwonder24

Quote:
Sure it wasn't, but they don't have as good players as we have.
I'm sorry I have to disagree with this. Japan's team has garnered many awards lately, their players like Ebata, Saori, and others (I forgot their names ) are very talented, they just all lack that killer instinct. Serbia is lucky as they have tall players in their line up

And BTW, that pic in the TWAT thread

Ana Ivanovic forever
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 02:06 AM   #3027
Milan.

Quote:
I'm sorry I have to disagree with this. Japan's team has garnered many awards lately, their players like Ebata, Saori, and others (I forgot their names ) are very talented, they just all lack that killer instinct. Serbia is lucky as they have tall players in their line up

And BTW, that pic in the TWAT thread

Don't be silly. You can be as tall as you want if you aren't talented you are no one.

Our players prove everything last year.

V. Petković Dis
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 02:07 AM   #3028
country flag Panther24

OMG that was hilarious.

Volleyball version of Germany-Brazil.

Poland will beat us even worse tomorrow.

That's what happens when I don't attend the match.
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 02:12 AM   #3029
Milan.

Quote:
OMG that was hilarious.

Volleyball version of Germany-Brazil.

Poland will beat us even worse tomorrow.

That's what happens when I don't attend the match.
I told you not to expect anything.

And no, Poland isn't better than Belgium ATM.

V. Petković Dis
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 02:20 AM   #3030
country flag Panther24

Quote:
I told you not to expect anything.

And no, Poland isn't better than Belgium ATM.
Really?

But Belgium lost to Poland on Friday.

The Belgian team is actually the lowest ranked out of the 4 teams in the group in the FIVB ranking.

Please tell me you didn't watch today's match.

Belgium just overplayed us. They deserve all the credit.
Closed Thread