•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 248 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2014, 12:15 AM   #3706
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2.

It grosses me out how bad ESPN is coveting her. It's really the whole "Pova is really so Americanized" all over again. They dropped Sloane like a hot potato after she lost in the first round.

If she wins the final, I can totally see Bouchard pull an Ivanovic and just crumble to the pressure and be relegated to almost top ten purgatory for years.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2014, 01:05 AM   #3707
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Halep was really disappointing, both of the SFs turned out to be really quite dire in comparison to last year's classic. It didn't really feel like much of a big SF atmosphere either.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 03:51 AM   #3708
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Halep was really disappointing, both of the SFs turned out to be really quite dire in comparison to last year's classic. It didn't really feel like much of a big SF atmosphere either.

Hopefully the final is a very good match (like the French), but I also have work that day 3 hours after the start time of the match, so hopefully it won't be that long. I don't know how id get myself to work mid 3rd set of a Wimby final .

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #3709
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I expected more from Halep too.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 11:39 PM   #3710
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

I was disappointed with both SFs as well. I was praying hard for a Kvitty-Halep final (with Halep winning ideally) so obviously I'm not satisfied, but I have faith that Petra will whip her fucking arse out of the court. Hopefully. She better show up.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #3711
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
It will be interesting to see if P3tra can become a top player now. Matches like this show why she should be.

Old Jul 5th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #3712
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
It will be interesting to see if P3tra can become a top player now. Matches like this show why she should be.
Yes it was very good. Bouchard didn't do much though. I think Petra might be good on HC this fall too, with some bad losses in between. She hardly barked today either, which was a positive suprise.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #3713

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

The match is already finished ...?

Seemed pretty uneventful based on running time.
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #3714
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
I think most of those Wimbledon quarterfinals, semifinals and now final have quite one-sided scorelines. It was just like a previous match didn't show at all. For instance Alize Cornet won Serena Williams, but lost her next match. Angelique Kerber won Maria Sharapova, but lost her next match too. Eugenie Bouchard won Simona Halep quite convincely, but today she looked hopeless in the final.

What comes to Petra Kvitova, I think her success remains me a little bit how Marion Bartoli won her title in Wimbledon last year. Both Petra and Marion had a pretty poor season before they won in Wimbledon. I am not sure if this means a new sort of consistency to Kvitty.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #3715
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The match is already finished ...?

Seemed pretty uneventful based on running time.
Kvitova just completely destroyed Bouchard. I'm not even exaggerating here, it was one of the most commanding performances I have ever seen.

Every time there was even so much as a slight bit of hope for Bouchard, Petra responded with some crazy winner and deflated her instantly.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #3716
country flag iGOAT

It's very similar to the 2012 AO final. Close for the first four games and them complete domination.

Old Jul 5th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #3717

I don't think I need to go in the main discussion areas to know that the Kvitova hype is at 2011 levels again ...
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #3718
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
It's like 3 years of history doesn't matter. Kvitova will move on to a surface that doesn't quite suit her swings, her shots will miss more and she'll go out in the middle rounds.
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #3719
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think I need to go in the main discussion areas to know that the Kvitova hype is at 2011 levels again ...
I'm quite sure most people will be wiser by now. Some may not be

I wouldn't be surprised to see Petra drop out of the USO early, that's just how she is.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #3720
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
It's like 3 years of history doesn't matter. Kvitova will move on to a surface that doesn't quite suit her swings, her shots will miss more and she'll go out in the middle rounds.
This.

Even if she could click on hardcourts as well as she can on grass she won't, not in North America. There's more spotlight on her, there's more pressure and Petra can't play under those circumstances. Throw in her asthma and the summer heat and she's screwed.

Also, I hate saying this because you can only play who survives the draw, but Petra's draw was atrocious. She was expected to beat these players. Even Bouchard who would be nervous by being in the final. If Petra plays a tight match against a big name (a la Pova at the 2012 AO) and loses, it'll deflate her hard.

Petra, for all her abilities, is still a poor man's Mary Pierce.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote