*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #796
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
That's probably true since the latter part of last year when Serena's level dropped but she kept winning tournaments. Her play at Beijing and Istanbul was pretty mediocre but her opponents caved. She's carried on that form into this year but more players have stood up to her.

But when Serena's actually playing well its less about the attitude required and more about just being good enough at tennis to compete with her. Cornet doesn't back down to anyone but there's no way she would have beaten Serena at Doha 2013.
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2014, 05:44 PM   #797
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letigre View Post
It doesn't matter. The tour is such a mess right now. I don't think Martha would ever have won a slam playing at her current level, and not only she's won RG, but has become the favorite to snatch Wimbledon too. If things don't change, and Serena keeps on falling, who is going to stop her for the rest of the season and the next one ? Halep, Aga ? lol.

@ Vikapower: great post.
I was not sure, but now she is out.

Btw regarding Kerber and grass. The match Vika played against Kerber in the olympics i find very underrated. One of the better grass matches i have seen the last years. Vika keeps hitting the baseline over and over while Kerber run and counter.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 08:44 PM   #798
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
I was not sure, but now she is out.

Btw regarding Kerber and grass. The match Vika played against Kerber in the olympics i find very underrated. One of the better grass matches i have seen the last years. Vika keeps hitting the baseline over and over while Kerber run and counter.
I agree the olympics was a great match. I've been less impressed with Kerber's counterpunching here though. Mainly she's just retrieving, when she's really on she's reaching those wide shots, flicking her wrist and the ball flies off for a winner.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 03:54 AM   #799
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Vika needs to find some damn form. Katya and Jo-La are not up to snuff as the temporary leaders of the LOB.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 11:08 AM   #800
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Vika needs to find some damn form. Katya and Jo-La are not up to snuff as the temporary leaders of the LOB.
She needs to win tournies this hard court season including the USO Looks like she wont qualify for YEC

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 01:23 PM   #801
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
She needs to win tournies this hard court season including the USO Looks like she wont qualify for YEC
A slam for peasants anyway

Titles 2014- Sharapova (STU-FO-MAD-BEI) Ivanovic (AUK-MOT-BIR-TOK) Kvitova (NH-WIM-WUH) Petkovic (CHA-BAD) Pennetta (IW) Venus (DUB) Keys (EAS) Kuznetsova (WDC) Wozniacki (IST) Cibulkova (ACA) Lisicki (HK) Makarova (PAT) Nara (RIO) Svitolina (BAK) Beck (LUX)

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 02:00 PM   #802
country flag Igor_Biscan

If she does well in the US she will put herself in with a good chance of qualifying, which should motivate her for the Asian tournaments. Last year she was in a good position to take advantage of her relative freshness going into the late part of the season but she wasted it with a poor attitude. Right now her attitude seems very strong so I expect her to pick up a lot of points in the coming tournaments.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 02:14 PM   #803
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

She really needs to vulture the fall season, play the required tournaments and then a couple extras to get some momentum going. Everyone else will be exhausted and there's no reason she cannot take advantage.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:15 PM   #804
country flag Leon Nguyen

Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all Leon Nguyen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Yeah tbh last year everyone made the whole fuss over how Vika was the only player who could challenge Reehanna, which was true and I enjoyed, but the main reason for that frankly is that she was the only player who wasn't scared of her and actually had the belief to fight for every point, unlike the others.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Why are you that worried about Serena You don't like her, why do you care?
anyway hope Vika trains well and comes back strong
Leon Nguyen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:53 PM   #805
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Nguyen View Post

My post is saying that players are not worried about her anymore, has nothing to do with me .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #806
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
victoria azarenka @vika7
On the way to my Maliboo
https://twitter.com/vika7/status/485557945032531968

So, according to Twitter Vika has travelled to Malibu, California. I guess she will be in North America next two months, at least in Los Angeles, Philadephia, Montreal, Cincinnati and New York City.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #807
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Yeah tbh last year everyone made the whole fuss over how Vika was the only player who could challenge Reehanna, which was true and I enjoyed, but the main reason for that frankly is that she was the only player who wasn't scared of her and actually had the belief to fight for every point, unlike the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Nguyen View Post
I don't understand this logic at all, let alone the conversation leap.

Just because you aren't a fan of/personally don't like a certain player doesn't remove that player from being a factor on the tour. Serena is still the best player in the world and she's still an extremely dangerous opponent for everyone else. If Vika (or anyone else for that matter) wants to win titles of any variety odds are they're going to have to go through Serena to get there. So yes people are going to worry about Serena even if they don't like her. People are going to be concerned about where their favorite player lands in the draw in connection to where Serena is. Look at the last two slams and how everyone freaked out over Serena and Pova being in the same quarter. That's a tough as draw on paper and Pova was lucky in Paris that Serena went down early and Bouchard was lucky Serena went down early at Wimbledon. Those are just the facts. That's the nature of Serena Williams in this game.

Just because one doesn't like Serena doesn't magically remove her from this sport. She still remains a factor whether one likes it or not.
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #808
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
https://twitter.com/vika7/status/485557945032531968

So, according to Twitter Vika has travelled to Malibu, California. I guess she will be in North America next two months, at least in Los Angeles, Philadephia, Montreal, Cincinnati and New York City.
Vika is a true world citizen, does she ever stay at a single place longer than two weeks in a row?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 03:09 AM   #809
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

So the thread about nicknames for Petra got me thinking about how many names we have for Vika. So I thought I'd make a list of the names I could think of:

Vika (well, it is a nickname)
Darth Vika
Snickers
Azza
Temperenka
Queen of Fuckery
Sith Princess
Vikasaurus
Bratarenka
Vuvurenka
Shriekarenka
Vika the Shrieka

That's all I can think of. What did I forget?
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 03:27 AM   #810
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
So the thread about nicknames for Petra got me thinking about how many names we have for Vika. So I thought I'd make a list of the names I could think of:

Vika (well, it is a nickname)
Darth Vika
Snickers
Azza
Temperenka
Queen of Fuckery
Sith Princess
Vikasaurus
Bratarenka
Vuvurenka
Shriekarenka
Vika the Shrieka

That's all I can think of. What did I forget?

Titles 2014- Sharapova (STU-FO-MAD-BEI) Ivanovic (AUK-MOT-BIR-TOK) Kvitova (NH-WIM-WUH) Petkovic (CHA-BAD) Pennetta (IW) Venus (DUB) Keys (EAS) Kuznetsova (WDC) Wozniacki (IST) Cibulkova (ACA) Lisicki (HK) Makarova (PAT) Nara (RIO) Svitolina (BAK) Beck (LUX)

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote