WWW Wimbledon R3: [1] Serena vs [25] Cornet - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Serena 100 73.53%
Cornet 36 26.47%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 27th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #61
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW Wimbledon R3: [1] Serena vs [25] Cornet

All players, whether previously playing great or not, somehow find an extra gear when facing Serena.
Serena is like cat-nip to these chicks. Or rather, like a shot of adrenalin directly to their heart.
Even so, I have to pick Serena here---Primarily due to her recent form, condition, and mentality.
I believe that THIS is the venue where Serena originally planned to achieve her record tying 18th slam singles title.
And she plans to do whatever it takes to reach Finals here and win.

Serena, FTW.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #62
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

RVD. Right on !So true !I'm like is this the same person that beat Serena??
sweetpeas is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 12:33 PM   #63
country flag TheDevMiester
*PLAYING TENNIS*

TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all TheDevMiester is a name known to all

Serena of course. 6-3 6-2
Kim Clijsters [4]/Lindsay Davenport [3]/Elena Dementieva
Future:
Eugenie B./Madison K./Jamie H./Monica P./Ajla T./Ana K./Victoria D./Taylor T.
TheDevMiester is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #64
country flag Darth Vader

Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
I still think Serena tanked that Dubai match to let Venus have the opportunity to win the final, which she did.
Agree 100%. I posted the same thing a while back and was of course ripped for it because some people here are extrodinarily gullible. The real Serena will show up for this match. It won't be close.
Darth Vader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #65
country flag toddsw33ney

toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice

so its the third round and serena hasn't been on centre court yet ???
toddsw33ney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #66
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddsw33ney View Post
so its the third round and serena hasn't been on centre court yet ???
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #67
country flag danbo

danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future

I just want to know, who voted after the fact?
danbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #68
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_CLAUDIA_1961 View Post
Accidently voted for Cornet, but meant to vote for Serena of course .

Anyway, there will be NO "Cornet played the match of her life to beat Serena again." No, this time around the result will be different than Dubai. Also as others have said, Cornet on GRASS .

Serena TAKES this match AND gets REVENGE from Dubai

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #69
country flag kikiwar

kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light kikiwar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
Cornet in three.

kikiwar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #70
country flag MirC

MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all

And many people predicted Cornet would be destroyed by Serena
Not a Cornet fan but she's very underrated on this board, she's a fighter, plays with nice variety when in good form and can generate decent weight of shots from the baseline.
Yes, her on-court attitude is really weird and even disgusting at times but she's a good player.
MirC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 11:27 PM   #71
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
please Rena bagel her.
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #72
country flag MichaelN

MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsawwill View Post
seriously? you guys worried about Cornut? serena wins by beat down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoux0021 View Post
Sweet revenge is coming. Serena in two straight easy sets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
6-2, 6-2 Serena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Cornet will probably be in tears after the first set.

Serena 6-1, 6-2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozy411 View Post
This isn't Dubai this is Wimbledon. Serena will win in two comfortable sets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
please Rena bagel her.
Bai

Proud to say I was one of those that voted Alizé

New Favourite Maria Sharapova

Always with you Ana Ivanović
MichaelN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 11:47 PM   #73
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute

Epic thread

MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARION BARTOLI
MARIA SHARAPOVA | JELENA JANKOVIC | ANA IVANOVIC | CAROLINE GARCIA
Broseghini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #74
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fed_up View Post
Cornet on grass
We can go for a golden set here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
Does the question need to be asked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fede33 View Post
Destroy her Rena !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtherobot View Post
No bullshit Serena... I want a massacre demolition match! No mercy !
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmibuff View Post
easy win for Serena like 6-1 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbenson View Post
Serena easily!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnieHotShot View Post
I don't know the Cornet girl but I don't think she stands much chance she should wear a parachute because I think she'll need one being ejected into the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_CLAUDIA_1961 View Post
there will be NO "Cornet played the match of her life to beat Serena again." Also as others have said, Cornet on GRASS .

Serena TAKES this match AND gets REVENGE from Dubai
Multiquotes are so fun.
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #75
country flag ShinoSavior

ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light ShinoSavior is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
Agree 100%. I posted the same thing a while back and was of course ripped for it because some people here are extrodinarily gullible. The real Serena will show up for this match. It won't be close.
I am your father.
ShinoSavior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote