Ekaterina Makarova making waves Thread - Page 147 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 20th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #2191
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of
Re: Ekaterina Makarova making waves Thread

She lost her QF against Kerber 16 26, but you already knew, I think

Katya's draw for Wimbledon:

Sara Errani vs Caroline Garcia
Tsvetana Pironkova vs Varvara Lepchenko
Misaki Doi vs Elina Svitolina
Kimiko Date Krumm vs Ekaterina Makarova

KDK is just tough, but I think Katya should snatch this. Some interesting names in her part of the draw, let's see how far she gets. Good luck, Katya

Savinykh - Kirilenko - Sharapova - Buchina - Diatchenko - Kleybanova - Panova - Solovieva
Good luck to all russian and dutch players

Last edited by Phenomareva : Jun 20th, 2014 at 09:28 PM.
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #2192
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like that she's meeting KDK in the first round Kimiko also got the third round last year, and had a terrific grass warmup, so an upset is possible!

The only thing leading in Katya's favor is the h2h--currently 2-1, but this is their first meeting on grass.

If Katya gets by her, then things get interesting. This is by far the weakest quarter of the draw!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaPalyuchenkovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2014, 08:06 AM   #2193
country flag Big_Banana

Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute

their match in Pattaya was so close. I hope the best for Katya

La Ni: hlo Aga. u know who won grand slum titel?
Aga: nope La Ni
La Ni: not u, lel
Aga: nd who baet top ten plaiur? not u, lel
La Ni: ei cri evri tiem
Big_Banana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:25 AM   #2194
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Katya lost first set 3-6 . She was 0-5 down , came back to 3-5, had a breakpoint for 4-5, but lost eventually. Dome on, Katya

Savinykh - Kirilenko - Sharapova - Buchina - Diatchenko - Kleybanova - Panova - Solovieva
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:59 AM   #2195
country flag Phenomareva

Breaks all over the place in set 2, but Katya managed to win 2nd set 64 . Now win it, Katya!

Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:11 PM   #2196
country flag Phenomareva

GSM Katya 36 64 75

But a rollercoaster it was. In 3rd set she trailed 1-3, served for the match at 5-3, KDK came back 5-5. but Katya finished it on 3rd match point I believe to 7-5. Great respect for the 43-yr old , but happy Katya won in the end

Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:53 PM   #2197
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

You know, if all of Katya's fans got together an split a bottle of vodka, we'd be really drunk.

Actually, we'd probably be pretty buzzed if we split a bottle of wine.

Anyway, she's into Rnd 2.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:39 PM   #2198
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Whew! Katya just scraped by KDK! Misaki Doi next. Misaki's not that great on grass, but she did have a surprise run here in 2011, beating both Mattek-Sands and Jie Zheng before falling to Sabine.

Katya shouldn't be lackadaisical here!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaPalyuchenkovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 07:37 AM   #2199
country flag Big_Banana

Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
You know, if all of Katya's fans got together an split a bottle of vodka, we'd be really drunk.

Actually, we'd probably be pretty buzzed if we split a bottle of wine.

Anyway, she's into Rnd 2.
I'm sure I can say the same for every player I like

La Ni: hlo Aga. u know who won grand slum titel?
Aga: nope La Ni
La Ni: not u, lel
Aga: nd who baet top ten plaiur? not u, lel
La Ni: ei cri evri tiem
Big_Banana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #2200
country flag Phenomareva

Last years point defended . She beat Doi 75 64

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #2201
country flag ricard89

ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all ricard89 is a name known to all

Japan has now run out of players for Katya to beat and she will face a French person in the next round.

Good luck against Garcia!
ricard89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #2202
Tennis Fool

Katya

Katya is 1-0 against Caroline, but this is their first meeting on grass. Katya had the better grass warm-up, but Caroline is charging up the rankings. To me, this match is a toss up.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jun 26th, 2014, 03:22 AM   #2203
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

There are still too many empty seats on the Katya bandwagon.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 12:00 PM   #2204
country flag Phenomareva

Katya playing Garcia at the moment and after a long a hardly fought first set, Katya manged to win 7-5 . Being 4-5 down she faced 2 setpoints, but she managed to put them away, to break Garcia in the next game. Keep going, Katya

Old Jun 27th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #2205
country flag Phenomareva

Katya won 7-5 6-3 . Into second week. well done Katya

Playing the winner of ARad and MLDB. I expect Aga, but I think she will not like having Katya as her opponent. But we'll see.

Last edited by Phenomareva : Jun 27th, 2014 at 01:14 PM.