2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right? - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:00 PM   #3121
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
Ana plays 2nd on court #3. I'm going to watch her play live again.
Enjoy. Such an opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine21 View Post
I like the fact that she's playing early tomorrow.
Me too.
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #3122
country flag nonRelativity

nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all

Ana was two points away from being #10 before Domi won 6 of the last 7 games of her match!!!

Vika,Jelena,Flavia and Sara are out .. what a great chance for her!!

great time for her to play tomorrow however I wont be able to watch it
nonRelativity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #3123
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who'd rather take Wimbledon QF for example over #10? I understand it's prestigious to be top 10, but it doesn't make a huge difference for future draws. The goal is to be top 8 in the end of the year, for that to happen we can't expect AVU and similar journeywomen to clear the road for Ana.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #3124
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Am I the only one who'd rather take Wimbledon QF for example over #10? I understand it's prestigious to be top 10, but it doesn't make a huge difference for future draws. The goal is to be top 8 in the end of the year, for that to happen we can't expect AVU and similar journeywomen to clear the road for Ana.
I want a good result in Wimbly, pref a final and a guaranteed spot to Singapore within the next month

But AVU clearing the way to 10 would've been nice

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #3125
country flag nonRelativity

nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Sure, Ana have to win to gain her ranking, but she have to beat last year's finalist to go farther so any help with her ranking is accepted ..the ranking process works with all the players including Ana if she lost points here or there no one will refuse to pass her.
nonRelativity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 11:41 PM   #3126
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillaM View Post
Damn you're lucky Enjoy it

Yeah, that's okay She can't be on CC/C1 every day...if she makes it they'll probably want her on CC against Lisicki

Found the interview after R1

Can somebody translate the important parts

My croatian is incredibly bad and to then switch to serbian and Ana's 1000 words per minute ... I undserstand about 1/10 of it
Q: Ana, congrats on your win, it was a difficult match for R1 against a very experienced player and what English and our journalists announced, two former RG champs on grass, yet it looked good.

A: Yes, I think it was a good match, quality match, which is not always the case in R1. She's a very tough opponent, we all know that she plays better on clay, but it was a very tough match. Today she played incredible, she didn't make UEs at all. I watched a couple of her matches in Birmingham and she was making more errors, from both fh and bh. Today she was aggressive, she served well and she really surprised me with the high level during the whole match, but I'm happy I managed to win that 1st set, it was deciding that I managed to come back in tb and to turn it around and to keep it up in 2nd set.

Q: OK, you already played well on grass before London. Was it good for you to play this type of match already in R1

A: I think that every round here is difficult and in some way it may be good, I'll have to approach every match 100% focused and, of course, there are no easy opponents, so maybe it was a good test for me that I stayed calmed when the clouds started getting very dark.

Q: Yes, you escaped only few minutes before. Jie Zheng, a different type of player, but also another experienced player, basically Schiavone's peer. The h2h is 2-2, but you haven't played her for a long time, almost 4 years.

A: Yes, I really expect a tough match and it would be good to get a revenge for that loss on grass some years ago, I think it was 2007... or 2008. Yes, 2008, it would be good to get a revenge. It will be a tough match because she's very short and hits very flat so it's gonna be a much different match. But now I need to recover and get ready for that match.

Q: Did you set some goal for yourself, considering that this first part of the season, basically since Miami, has been very good. Do you have expectations from Wimbledon, I know that last time you were disappointed or you simply think about the next match and wait to see how it goes?

A: I know that grass is not my favorite surface and I have one big goal, which is to focus on every match and every day. So, tomorrow I'm gonna train, recover, the next day I play the match, so I don't wanna think about result, about other results, I'm simply looking at my road, I know I have a tough draw, tough opponents, but I think I can play on the level I played in Birmingham, so then it's gonna be good.

Q: OK, not the goal or plan for Wimbledon, but generally speaking about the whole season, is Singapore your goal?

A: Definitely. Yes, yes, definitely. All my forces are aimed at that goal. I'd really love to qualify for Singapore, I simply think I played very well so far this season, I think that the ranking list doesn't do me justice, but I'm sure that ranking list will reflect the real situation by the end of the year, I just need to keep on playing like this, to improve after every match and, of course, to enjoy.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka : Jun 25th, 2014 at 11:47 PM.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #3127
ali21

ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice ali21 is just really nice

^ thanks Cajka!

I do like that Ana is scheduled early on C3. Hopefully she won't be as uptight as she was in R1.
ali21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 04:18 AM   #3128
country flag Jizynovic

Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold

I thought Kimiko plays better on grass.

Now, what does AVU stands for?
Never heard of it.

Are you from Indonesia? Join us in this Facebook group.
Indonesian Tennis Fans
Jizynovic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 05:21 AM   #3129
country flag LillaM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute

thank you

Quote:
so I don't wanna think about result, about other results, I'm simply looking at my road, I know I have a tough draw, tough opponents, but I think I can play on the level I played in Birmingham, so then it's gonna be good.
That's all we want
LillaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 05:36 AM   #3130
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizy View Post
I thought Kimiko plays better on grass.

Now, what does AVU stands for?
Never heard of it.
Alison Van Uytvanck

The person who failed miserably at trying to defeat Cibulkova despite having 5-2 in the third...
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 06:11 AM   #3131
country flag Chokerpova
WG

Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ana playing on court #3 was my only chance to see her play at Wimbledon.

Loving today results so far. Vika, Coco, Wickmayer out and Cibulkova on her way as well. Good for Ana's position in the Race.
How do you get C3 ticket? I read that it was sold on ticketmaster the day before, or that you have to queue for it. How long does it take for you to queue and be able to get into the court? I used to ask and they said a few hours, and I mean no, no, I have been queuing for a whole morning since 5am, I can't get into the grounds just to queue again I hope Ana plays C2, coz that's my only chance to see her
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:13 AM   #3132
country flag Jizynovic

Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Alison Van Uytvanck

The person who failed miserably at trying to defeat Cibulkova despite having 5-2 in the third...

Hilarious

Indonesian Tennis Fans
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #3133
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
How do you get C3 ticket? I read that it was sold on ticketmaster the day before, or that you have to queue for it. How long does it take for you to queue and be able to get into the court? I used to ask and they said a few hours, and I mean no, no, I have been queuing for a whole morning since 5am, I can't get into the grounds just to queue again I hope Ana plays C2, coz that's my only chance to see her
I got to the queue at 5.45am this morning and my number was 2354 today. I got past turnstiles at around 10.10am. It was pretty hectic at the gates and most people rushed to #3 straight away so I decided not to jeopardize my chances of watching Ana and headed here. I'm hoping Raonic will win quickly. The stands look pretty funny now as unreserved part is completely fully and the pre reserved part is maybe 20% full. I guess these are the seats you get from ballot and ticket master.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #3134
country flag Chokerpova
WG

Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
I got to the queue at 5.45am this morning and my number was 2354 today. I got past turnstiles at around 10.10am. It was pretty hectic at the gates and most people rushed to #3 straight away so I decided not to jeopardize my chances of watching Ana and headed here. I'm hoping Raonic will win quickly. The stands look pretty funny now as unreserved part is completely fully and the pre reserved part is maybe 20% full. I guess these are the seats you get from ballot and ticket master.
My queue card number today is 1727 but I have no idea how I got the C1 wristband I should have rushed to C3 right after getting to the grounds I prefer watching Ana to Serena demolishing her opponent
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #3135
country flag Jizynovic

From WTA Tennis.

Quote:
Both players are in good form of late, with Ivanovic securing her first WTA grass court title two weeks ago in Birmingham and recording her WTA-leading 38th match win of the season in her Wimbledon opener against Francesca Schiavone on Tuesday. Only defending second round points from last year, a victory over Zheng for the 11th-ranked Ivanovic would go a long way toward her returning to the Top 10 for the first time since 2009. As for Zheng, she made her first WTA final since 2012 last week in 's-Hertogenbosch.
What's the bold part really mean?
Will Ana be back to top 10 simply by winning this match or does she need other stuffs to happen, I mean like someone else has to lose, something like that.
Sorry if you guys have discussed or mentioned about the possibility before, didn't really catch up with this thread.

Indonesian Tennis Fans