Ana Konjuh - Volume 2 - Page 89 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2014, 01:02 AM   #1321
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future
Re: Ana Konjuh - Volume 2

AmAzing! Beat Woz now!!!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2014, 03:54 AM   #1322
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is what I'm talking about

She has the mental capacity IMO of a Top 10 player Not in the sense of not choking (although that to) but the fact that she doesn't get overawed and can always bring her best tennis Granted I didn't see this match so I don't know what happened but it is still a great achievement She will be close to Top 100 from this now

I just love that she didn't let an opportunity overlook her. She had a relatively easy opponent (obviously still very tough but compared to what she could have gotten in a R2) but she didn't let that get to her and just won Very classy Now I am curious to see how she will go against a genuinely World Class pusher, the best out there Hopefully that big serve which has saved her so many times can do her good

I actually accredit her serve to her mental toughness 1 Round ahead of Donna and with a tougher draw
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 04:28 AM   #1323
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Now I am curious to see how she will go against a genuinely World Class pusher, the best out there
Can we please stop using terms like "pusher" and "ball-basher" that people in GM love to use. Anyone who actually plays tennis knows that you can't "shoehorn" professional tennis players into one name or category. It's just flat out inaccurate. All the pros (in the top 200 at least) can hit all the shots there are and have a prerequisite set of skills.

Quote:
1 Round ahead of Donna and with a tougher draw
Donna hasn't played her second round yet, and has the tougher draw.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 04:34 AM   #1324
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Can we please stop using terms like "pusher" and "ball-basher" that people in GM love to use. Anyone who actually plays tennis knows that you can't "shoehorn" professional tennis players into one name or category. It's just flat out inaccurate. All the pros (in the top 200 at least) can hit all the shots there are and have a prerequisite set of skills.

Donna hasn't played her second round yet, and has the tougher draw.
Wrong in both categories.

A) Yes you can label people. I have played ITF and I label people... Caroline Wozniacki is a pusher. She cannot hurt Ana except maybe with her Serve which IMO is underrated.

B) Donna's draw is far easier. Vinci is not playing like she is Top 100 and now Zvonareva, who really shouldn't even be here. Erakovic wasn't great but Wickmayer was good so Ana has a vastly harder draw than Donna, and IIRC Ana is still one round ahead, even if Donna hasn't player her round yet.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 06:03 AM   #1325
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Those labels are overly simplistic and misleading. A true "pusher" is someone who only gets the ball back. There is no professional tennis player who does only this. Otherwise, they wouldn't be at that level. If you're talking about club and amateur players, that's fine.

Watch these pros in person, and you will see how they create different paces and spins on the ball that a real "pusher" could only dream of doing.

And do you really believe that Vinci and Zvonareva is an easier draw than Erakovic and Wickmayer? Their peak rankings say it all.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #1326
country flag josippo

josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light josippo is a glorious beacon of light

in the last two sets it was quite a shock for me to see how much she has improved in only 6 months since the Vinci match of january...if she continues to improve like that it will be really scary for the others...almost two aces per game, winners on first serve return, winners Counter attacking, improved backhand slice (now its lower and faster), improved second serve, improved movement...of course she has moments where nothing goes, in third set it was only two games...but thats normal...sometimes she has a whole match hitting everything into the net and out...but the good moments are now with every match longer and longer... against erakovic it was one set, now it was almost whole last two sets...I am very curious with the next match and how Wozniacki will react on Anas A-game...I dont expect ana to win, but I know now if she Plays like yesterday she will be able to win...in january it would have been impossible for her to win against wozniacki...
josippo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 10:13 AM   #1327
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
So i guess i'm gonna eat my word, she beat the crap of yanina
She really improved
Woz is so - so, I would say beatable if Ana bring her A level game with powerfull serve

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #1328
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Would be nice if Ana's match gets scheduled earlier in the day tomorrow, as thunderstorms are forecast for as early as 3 PM local. Shouldn't be too many problems with rain tomorrow, but we might miss something like 2 hours of play due to weather.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 04:20 PM   #1329
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Those labels are overly simplistic and misleading. A true "pusher" is someone who only gets the ball back. There is no professional tennis player who does only this. Otherwise, they wouldn't be at that level. If you're talking about club and amateur players, that's fine.

Watch these pros in person, and you will see how they create different paces and spins on the ball that a real "pusher" could only dream of doing.

And do you really believe that Vinci and Zvonareva is an easier draw than Erakovic and Wickmayer? Their peak rankings say it all.
Did you see Zvonareva She was beyond atrocious. Just read Donna's thread And Vinci wasn't that much better than Erakovic, would have only won in 3 sets at best.

And I have seen Woz live. She doesn't hit winners. She is "smart" in that she targets her opponents weaknesses but she wins matches with her opponents errors and her solid serve...

Anything else you would like to call me out on?
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #1330
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys, i tried to look everywhere about Konjuh's last name. Can anyone tell me about her last name because it doesn't seem croatian to me. thanks
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #1331
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett. View Post
hey guys, i tried to look everywhere about Konjuh's last name. Can anyone tell me about her last name because it doesn't seem croatian to me. thanks
It's known widely in several countries of ex-Yu. So asking about it's exact origin is like asking if some last name is Austrian or German. You'll hardly find an answer in a tennis forum.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #1332
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

That was an interesting question though, I was wondering as well.
Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #1333
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing Streak View Post
That was an interesting question though, I was wondering as well.
Seems like a lot of foreigners on this forum have a distinct idea about how is a "Croatian last name" (whatever that is) suppose to sound

Thing is, many people over here don't bother thinking about such things as I've rarely heard a person in Croatia questioning the origin of someone's family name. For instance, I have heard that "Majoli" probably comes from Albania, but can't vouch for validity of that information.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 05:46 PM   #1334
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Seems like a lot of foreigners on this forum have a distinct idea about how is a "Croatian last name" (whatever that is) suppose to sound

Thing is, many people over here don't bother thinking about such things as I've rarely heard a person in Croatia questioning the origin of someone's family name. For instance, I have heard that "Majoli" probably comes from Albania, but can't vouch for validity of that information.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #1335
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light

Just to let you know, they just confirmed on Dnevnik that 3rd round matches with Croatian players will be (live?) on HRT2!
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote