2014 Road to Wimbledon title - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #826
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra bageled Mona Barthel, won in 55 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Exactly.

Best perforance from Petra on grass so far, she was returning and serving well and Mona was helping her as much as she could until the last game, in which she hit a few laser return winners.

However, Petra needs to improve a lot of things including her variety of shots and amount of successful net approaches, but so far so good. Keep it up, girl!
Barthel was just overmatched and suffocated!

Maybe you can say that about Petra's first match (variety of shots, net approaches), etc, a bit lacking. However, Petra used her slices through out the match (including defensive ones). She put a lot of work on the ball (including hitting at angles, more topspin), when she was on the run and defensively. Petra hit some exquisite drop shots. She was 10/11 on her net approaches. She hit hard ground strokes and winners off both wings. And she moved the ball around the service box quite well with work on the ball.

What match were you watching/What else did you require!?

Remember, this was only her second match (You would like to think, Petra gets better and more confident the deeper she goes at Wimby), and the entire match lasted only 55 min. The last game soaked up 10 minutes of that game time (aka Barthel's last stand/Bagel Nosh). So, you were only going to see but so much. However, what Kvitova showed was excellent and well rounded...Not much to knock in this match.

Hope she continues this, gets better, and keep the calmness and confidence.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #827
country flag centipede

centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all

I think Barthel was a good preparation for Venus due to Barthel's pace. Kvitova's timing was good in this match which is a good sign heading into the Venus match.
centipede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #828
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice

Anyone else thinks Petra has smaller breasts now?
vendulkabendulka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #829
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka View Post
Just a different sports bra.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:01 PM   #830
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Kvitty, what a win.

One of the best matches in 2014 - very good performance, almost flewless. She served really well and strokes very solid and steady. Also, I really like how she returned in this match, some of Mona's services were pretty tricky. The only bad thing in this match was her net-play, but I'm sure it will come to her naturally with more matches. But, to be frank, Mona really helped her to win with some silly and weird errors, but I didn't and couldn't decrease the fact how good Petra was playing.

Ah, yes, her injury seemed fine to me, which is good.

Give your best against Vee, it won't be easy!

Sabine Lisicki ♦ Maria Sharapova ♦ Petra Kvitova
Jelena Jankovic ♦ Venus Williams

Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #831
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Petra bageled Mona Barthel, won in 55 minutes

Omg unexpected performance, especially all those defensive and wide shots she hit. Im glad she is feeling confident. She needs Wimbledon to save her season.
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 11:09 PM   #832
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka View Post
Head over here, they're even claiming she's had a breast reduction surgery
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #833
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Omg unexpected performance, especially all those defensive and wide shots she hit. Im glad she is feeling confident. She needs Wimbledon to save her season.
without a doubt
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 12:01 AM   #834
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Head over here, they're even claiming she's had a breast reduction surgery
Oh dear...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old Jun 26th, 2014, 03:35 AM   #835
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

^ breast reduction?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #836
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Barthel was just overmatched and suffocated!

Maybe you can say that about Petra's first match (variety of shots, net approaches), etc, a bit lacking. However, Petra used her slices through out the match (including defensive ones). She put a lot of work on the ball (including hitting at angles, more topspin), when she was on the run and defensively. Petra hit some exquisite drop shots. She was 10/11 on her net approaches. She hit hard ground strokes and winners off both wings. And she moved the ball around the service box quite well with work on the ball.

What match were you watching/What else did you require!?

Remember, this was only her second match (You would like to think, Petra gets better and more confident the deeper she goes at Wimby), and the entire match lasted only 55 min. The last game soaked up 10 minutes of that game time (aka Barthel's last stand/Bagel Nosh). So, you were only going to see but so much. However, what Kvitova showed was excellent and well rounded...Not much to knock in this match.

Hope she continues this, gets better, and keep the calmness and confidence.
I know how she played, you doesnt have tell me anything.
It was good performance and one of the best pefformances from her this season overall, but I'm just repeating my self. She played very well defensively, nothing to criticise there (there were only like 2 situations in which she should have used a sliced BH, but she wanted to stay aggressive so never mind).
Now, the thing that I have listed will be important to work on in the next round(s)! And yes she was using sliced BH, angles, spins etc. but my point was to use the slice BH to break the rhythm or to get to the net! And yes she was ten or eleven times on the net and her percetages are great, but I want to see her come to the net more in her future matches, not only when she is dealing with the short balls. She should even serve and wolley more (go to watch what Fed or Lopez are doing, espe cially Lopez uses his slice serve to the Ad court the then comes to the net, that's just a good example because he's also left-handed and good on grass.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 07:09 PM   #837
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R3 Blockbuster : Petra versus Venus

Petra vs Vee will play regardless of weather gotta say i secretly root for rain, so we can get Vee vs Petra on indoor grass

Quote:
Friday's Centre Court Order of Play (starting at 1pm):
Djokovic v Simon,
Kvitova v V Williams,
Murray v Bautista Agut

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #838
Milan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Petra vs Vee will play regardless of weather gotta say i secretly root for rain, so we can get Vee vs Petra on indoor grass
Poor tennis balls.

Old Jun 26th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #839
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Pleaaase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
Poor tennis balls.
They are dead anyway.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #840
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Come on Petra, you can do it!