*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 06:50 PM   #736
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay holter View Post
Not a troll. I just think some of you are being very silly, which is usually the case in these Player Forums after the player has lost but still.

Azarenka has to play better and get fitter, players aren't all of a sudden "fluking" wins over her and playing the matches of their existence.
Well then answer the question. What is the best match played and the biggest win of Jovanovski´s career, since you dispute it was today.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #737
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's basically forgotten how to win matches. I was actually pretty confident heading into this week. There was a point in this match from about 2-4 in the 1st to the end of the 2nd where Vika was playing really well, and was actually more dominant than the scoreboard suggested in that time. I really don't know how she lost in the end. She let so many chances go. The overriding feeling after the match is one of deflation. Vika could really do with winning some tight matches, for whatever reason she's simply not winning big points right now.

I almost feel like she should play again before Canada. She needs matches imo, and she needs wins. I don't know where though, Stanford/Washington, I don't think she should play 3 weeks in a row. The US hard court calendar really sucks now. The only option is like Baku... In other words there are no options.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #738
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
The giorgi match was different, camila controlled the match and vika only started to edge her way in towards the end.

If vika keeps working, play like today and the wins will flow.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #739
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post

I almost feel like she should play again before Canada. She needs matches imo, and she needs wins. I don't know where though, Stanford/Washington, I don't think she should play 3 weeks in a row. The US hard court calendar really sucks now. The only option is like Baku... In other words there are no options.
She will be playing, she's playing WTT for Philly..some nice easy no pressure matches there.
cocoblush is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #740
country flag jay holter

jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Well then answer the question. What is the best match played and the biggest win of Jovanovski´s career, since you dispute it was today.
I don't know, I don't watch much Jovanovski. I don't think Azarenka as it stands today is much of a big win though, looking at the players she's lost to and also how routinely she's lost to some of the top 10 players she's faced recently. This is probably on par with Jovanovski's wins over Wozniacki.
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #741
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely think Vika just needs more matches, especially tight matches. You can't train or practice for tight matches and tight games, you just have to play them and adapt to the situation. I feel that all her mental toughness has collapsed due to her absence for the last few months not to mention the struggling she had between last year's US Open and Indian Wells. She has to rebuild her match confidence with winning matches and having to problem solve more and hopefully she'll be able to do that this summer on the hardcourts.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #742
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoblush View Post
She will be playing, she's playing WTT for Philly..some nice easy no pressure matches there.
Against who though? Who do you even play in WTT? Isn't it like college players? She needs something a bit more competitive than that.

I mainly just want her going into the US Open in some kind of form. Not still scratching around for some wins. If she gets them in Canada and Cincinnati then fine there's nothing to worry about.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #743
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Against who though? Who do you even play in WTT? Isn't it like college players? She needs something a bit more competitive than that.

I mainly just want her going into the US Open in some kind of form. Not still scratching around for some wins. If she gets them in Canada and Cincinnati then fine there's nothing to worry about.
WTT is usually former players, many of the Hall of Famers, mid ranked players(you're 50-150 ranged) and then the current stars (Vika would be the current star). It's competitive but it's very rapid (no ad scoring) but it's not as intense as regular matches. That said, it's still additional practice in match conditions without pressure and any little bit should help.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:05 PM   #744
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Us series may well come too early for her. After USO last year she hasn't played really serious tennis. It usually takes longer than a few months to fully regain form after such a long break. She'll be fine at the AO next year at least.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:13 PM   #745
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Us series may well come too early for her. After USO last year she hasn't played really serious tennis. It usually takes longer than a few months to fully regain form after such a long break. She'll be fine at the AO next year at least.
This is a bit what I think too. For me this is already a lost season, meaning she's not going to be a contender to win the USO or is going to make it to the YEC, but she still can have a good HC season, that is, maybe get some top 10 win and go deep into some draw. If she does that it will be fine by me, everything else would be a bonus really, even if today there were parts of the match were she managed to play at a very high level, but the consistency, BP conversion, ability to win big points and timing are still poor. She needs more and more matches to get gradually into sync.

Victoria looks fitter, but imo is still not enough. She has to drop at least 3 kg to be perfectly fine.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #746
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Alas I didn't get to see any of this match. I hope you guys who said she played well are right.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #747
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Alas I didn't get to see any of this match. I hope you guys who said she played well are right.
I would say saying she played well is stretching it.

There was a period of the match from about 2-4 in the first to the end of the 2nd set where I thought she was looking close to her best. But you can see where she isn't. For one the 2nd set really should have been won by a wider margin, Vika was completely dominating the match, it should have been 6-1 (Vika had break point in all of Jovanovski's service games in the 2nd set). Then immediately at the start of the 3rd she lost momentum. It was bad match play, that allowed it to be a slugfest. Then she should have broken at both 4-4 and 5-5. Then gets broken from 40-0.

All things being said it was probably like a 5-6/10 on a scale. When it was good, it looked good. But the start was really bad. To lose control of the match at the start of the 3rd was bad.

I am not as negative as some. In that I think Vika is on the verge of returning to her best. She looks the fittest she has in some time. The signs when she plays well were good today. It's just stringing it together. The time off has most affected her match play imo, because I actually think she played better tennis in a lot of matches she was winning say at last years US Open. But back then her match play was top notch, right now it's pretty bad.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #748
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh I'm not used to the feeling that Vika is the one being upset all the time in these big tournaments (bar injuries). This sucks, we'll have to wait a while again before she's on court next.

Those missed sitters were...
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #749
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
victoria azarenka@vika7
work hard and then harder…I’m ready…
https://twitter.com/vika7/status/481911893498789888
Exordes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #750
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would say saying she played well is stretching it.

There was a period of the match from about 2-4 in the first to the end of the 2nd set where I thought she was looking close to her best. But you can see where she isn't. For one the 2nd set really should have been won by a wider margin, Vika was completely dominating the match, it should have been 6-1 (Vika had break point in all of Jovanovski's service games in the 2nd set). Then immediately at the start of the 3rd she lost momentum. It was bad match play, that allowed it to be a slugfest. Then she should have broken at both 4-4 and 5-5. Then gets broken from 40-0.

All things being said it was probably like a 5-6/10 on a scale. When it was good, it looked good. But the start was really bad. To lose control of the match at the start of the 3rd was bad.

I am not as negative as some. In that I think Vika is on the verge of returning to her best. She looks the fittest she has in some time. The signs when she plays well were good today. It's just stringing it together. The time off has most affected her match play imo, because I actually think she played better tennis in a lot of matches she was winning say at last years US Open. But back then her match play was top notch, right now it's pretty bad.
I thought she showed some of her best tennis of the match late in the third set where she defended quite well, hit some nice winners and dominated some long and intense rallies. I agree that overall Vika seems to be on the right track. There are definitely some positive signs in her game and attitude.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote