irish tennis - Page 87 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #1291
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

a big congrats to the irish fed cup team in estonia, they beat greece and got promotion to group 2, first time since 2008
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2014, 02:21 AM   #1292
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, you guys deserved it and fought very hard
Our girls on the other hand (the ones that showed up and the ones that didn't show up)

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #1293
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

The very best of luck to Georgia Drummy who is through to the semi finals of a grade one event under 14's in France tomorrow, she plays the no. 1 european junior olesya pervushina from russia

Also check out the crowd funding page for irish professional athletes, website is www.pledgesports.org. Amy Bowtell and James Cluskey are on it
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 08:48 AM   #1294
country flag polly

A big congrats to Amy Bowtell who won her first singles title since 2012 in sharm el sheikh
Old Jun 21st, 2014, 04:02 PM   #1295
country flag polly

A huge congrats to Julie Byrne who just won a grade 4 singles under 18 event today in latvia
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 10:46 PM   #1296
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Amy has been playing ITFs in the USA and Canada but she is in poor form atm and hasn't won a match at any...although she did qualify for the the event in Granby...

She lost to Carol Zhao in the QR1 in Lexington ($50k) which is really disappointing, because Zhao isn't that great imo...

Kevin's report on the match:

Quote:
Carol Zhao (CAN) d. Amy Bowtell (IRL) 64 36 63
Amy is tall with a big booming serve, but Carol was the more consistent player. I only saw bits and pieces of the first set, but if she beats Cako, she will qualify easily.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine

Last edited by Ollie. : Jul 29th, 2014 at 06:12 PM.
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #1297
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

zhao is a top college player and former top junior who has just qualified for stanford where she attends college, so was a rough draw for Amy. She hasn't had the best of trips but hopefully her luck will change soon as then know what might happen?
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #1298
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Well Carol has just made the MD of Stanford playing good tennis, so Amy's loss wasn't that bad in the end.

To be fair, she had tough draws [except the loss to a local wildcard], hoping her form can improve soon.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #1299

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

yes let's hope she get some form soon. She's really struggled above 10k level. if she could get a good run going and some good draws it might give her confidence to believe that she can live with the better players.
Zhao has just won agin today btw!
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 10:57 AM   #1300
country flag Ollie.

I agree totally She needs to start doing well in 25Ks.

Yep, and plays Ivanovic today, what a great week for her.

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 02:55 PM   #1301
country flag polly

A star is born

Windsor winner Georgia Drummy dreaming of Slam glory
0Comments
Email
Print
Font Size
0 Share

Ruthless: Georgia Drummy on her way to the title in the girls' singles final yesterday
BY JOHN FLACK – 02 AUGUST 2014

Georgia Drummy dreams that she will one day win a Grand Slam – and on the evidence of an awesome display in yesterday's House & Stock Self Storage Belfast City ITF junior tournament girls singles final her dream may well come true.

ALSO IN THIS SECTION
Matthew Robinson just one small step from title joy
Ewan Moore hails Andy Murray as a major inspiration
Class act Lauren Deegan hopes she can have final say
Ben McClurg finds Midas touch
Wexford Hotels from €28
trivago™ Cheap Hotels in Wexford. Compare Over 200 Booking Sites!
trivago.ie/Cheap-Wexford-Hotels
Debts over €20,000?
New Government Debt Solutions To Write Off Unaffordable Debts
nationaldebtrelief.ie
Ads by Google
Georgia lifted her first ITF title as she overpowered school mate Lauren Deegan 6-0, 6-3 at Windsor, in a match lasting just over an hour.

Yet again the Blackrock girl, who only turned 14 in April, demonstrated just why she is regarded as Ireland's brightest prospect for years with a near-flawless exhibition.

Sixteen-year-old Lauren simply had no answer to Georgia's serve and blistering returns, allied to her pace and movement around the court.

Playing her best tennis of the week she raced into a 6-0, 3-0 lead before Lauren, who was runner-up last year as well, could muster a reply.

The Dublin girl enjoyed a brief revival when she broke the Georgia's serve to trail 2-5 in the second and then held her own before the Mount Anville student finished her off when she converted her third match point.

Deegan looked distraught as she trudged off the court, but she had the misfortune to come up against an opponent who was at the top of her game.

"It was the best I played all week and I knew I needed to work harder to increase my first serve percentage and cut down my error rate and I was able to do both." said Georgia.

"I am delighted to have lifted the title. At the start of the week I honestly didn't expect to reach the final, let alone win it.

"It has given me a lot of self-belief and when I watch the Grand Slams on television it makes me want to play at that level.

"If I had a role-model it would be Eugenie Bouchard as she got to a Wimbledon final two years after winning the junior event."

Drummy says her school have been very supportive in allowing her to combine her tennis commitments with her studies.

"I do two fewer subjects than most people and that allows me to train three days a week from lunch time onwards to build up my practice time to 15 or 16 hours a week." she added.

"I know that I will have to continue working hard if I am to fulfil my ambition and now I will aim to play in more ITFs and maybe get into one of the junior Grand Slams.

Georgia completed a memorable week's work when she teamed up with Jennifer Timotin to defeat Ulster twins, Annie and Caitlin McCullough 6-2, 6-2 in the girls doubles final.

Results: girls' singles final: Georgia Drummy (Irl) bt Lauren Deegan (Irl) 6-0, 6-3; Drummy & Jennifer Timotin (Irl) bt Annie & Caitlin McCullough 6-2, 6-2.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 04:03 PM   #1302

Yes it's a good win for her at 14 years of age but there's no reason to get carried away yet. It seems no decent players showed up from abroad so an irish girl was always going to win it. A lot of foreign players wouldnt be used to the surface. Glad to hear she has power in her shots and is working hard. Hope Timotin keeps improving also. Is nice to have 2 girls pushing each other
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 10:47 PM   #1303
country flag Ollie.

Amy plays Mandy Minella, the first seed, in R1 of the $25k in Woking. Can she pull an upset?

Old Aug 12th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #1304
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by *O.R* View Post
Amy plays Mandy Minella, the first seed, in R1 of the $25k in Woking. Can she pull an upset?
Not quite but it was a tough match. 62 67 62 for Mandy at the end.
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #1305
country flag Ollie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
Not quite but it was a tough match. 62 67 62 for Mandy at the end.
Aww, great fight from Amy Wish she had got an easier draw.