Iraq - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2014, 05:51 AM   #1
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute
Iraq

Any Iraqi posters?
Where is this country going?Is the world abandoning it?

Recent news just too disturbing
豆豆
雪雪
Lin Lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #2
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iraq

Recent news is disturbing, indeed. But it had been predicted by people like me and those who opposed the war from Day One.

Great of right wing god Glenn Beck to admit that liberals were correct in condemning Bush's war on that country. All the right wing defense of his stupid war and their attacks on liberals were wrong after all. Too bad none of these CONservative delusionals have enough character to admit to their faults and apologize for the hate and wrong thinking.

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #3
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute

Will the US attack Iraq again?
豆豆
雪雪
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #4
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

As long as there is a profit to be made from any such conflict, the answer is yes. And, as usual, the cost for the war is socialized (financed by taxpayers) but its profits are privatized.

Abraham Lincoln
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 02:43 PM   #5
country flag Lin Lin

I think Iraq now needs the US to save itAnd to prevent the massive killings
豆豆
雪雪
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #6
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
Recent news is disturbing, indeed. But it had been predicted by people like me and those who opposed the war from Day One.

Great of right wing god Glenn Beck to admit that liberals were correct in condemning Bush's war on that country. All the right wing defense of his stupid war and their attacks on liberals were wrong after all. Too bad none of these CONservative delusionals have enough character to admit to their faults and apologize for the hate and wrong thinking.
Democrats first claimed Iraq had WMD and supported invading Iraq

http://newsninja2012.com/republicans...ere-forgotten/

“Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.”
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

“Hussein has … chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies.”
– Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

“There is no doubt that … Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies.”
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
– Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

“We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them.”
– Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

“We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.”
– Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

“Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.”
– Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

“We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction.”
– Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

“The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons…”
– Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

“I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force — if necessary — to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.”
– Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

“There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years … We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.”
– Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

“He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do”
– Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

“In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members … It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons.”
– Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

“We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction.”
– Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

“Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime … He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation … And now he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction … So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real…”
– Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
Williamsser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2014, 01:58 PM   #7
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

And I have shown on other threads all of these were made BEFORE Hans Blix came up with his determination that there were no WMD in Iraq. This was completely and deliberately disregarded by your hero Bush as shown in the Downing Street Memo.

Abraham Lincoln
Old Jun 21st, 2014, 02:28 PM   #8
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsser View Post
Mr pro Right propaganda strikes again. Really, Rupert Murdoch should hire you.
Old Jun 21st, 2014, 02:40 PM   #9
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's utter BS. True, to their shame, they did agree with the blatant lies spouted by the neo-cons. But to say that they were first is twisted.
Old Jun 21st, 2014, 03:04 PM   #10
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
That's utter BS. True, to their shame, they did agree with the blatant lies spouted by the neo-cons. But to say that they were first is twisted.
Bill Clinton first claimed Iraq had WMD in 1998, shortly after his affair with Monica Lewinsky was exposed. The GOP was not in power in 1998.
Williamsser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM   #11
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Democrats changed their views as I mentioned above when Hans Blix made his report. As a member of the UN, the USA was obligated to respect its findings. But criminal traitor Bush refused to do so as he was seeking a profitable war - see Downing Street Memo.

Abraham Lincoln
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 12:49 PM   #12
country flag meyerpl

meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bill Clinton first claimed Iraq had WMD in 1998, shortly after his affair with Monica Lewinsky was exposed. The GOP was not in power in 1998.
That's right. And the U.S. did not invade Iraq in 1998. And lest we forget, Iraq did have WMD at one time. Hell, they got 'em from us! Saddam Hussein dismantled or destroyed them and allowed U.N inspectors into Iraq to verify it.

Now that it's clear that the war was and remains an unmitigated disaster, if you think you can pin it on the Democrats in Washington, I want some of whatever you're smoking.

"The noblest work of God? Man. Who found it out? Man." - Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Menken
meyerpl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 12:52 PM   #13
country flag meyerpl

meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin Lin View Post
I think Iraq now needs the US to save itAnd to prevent the massive killings
Asking the U.S. to "save" Iraq is like asking lava to go back and "save" Pompeii.

The shit-hole Iraq is in now is a direct result of U.S. intervention.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Menken
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 02:10 PM   #14
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://news.antiwar.com/2014/06/21/k...-of-occupiers/

Shiite clerics both in Iraq and Iran have warned against further USA intervention.

Abraham Lincoln
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 02:22 PM   #15
country flag meyerpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
http://news.antiwar.com/2014/06/21/k...-of-occupiers/

Shiite clerics both in Iraq and Iran have warned against further USA intervention.
Yeah, another big surprise.

We fucked-up when we invaded Iraq, we really fucked-up, and if we think we can fix it now, we're even more mistaken than we were when we fucked-up in the first place.

If I believed in such things, I'd say there's a special place in hell for the architects of the Iraq War. And contrary to Williamser's contention (), they aren't the Democrats in Congress who cast their misguided votes giving the authority to the President.