Your tennis results?! - Page 125 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2014, 10:25 AM   #1861
country flag The Kiwi Fan

The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Vika View Post
Let the fuckery begin...again

Won the first set 63, all fine decent play. I thought i was going really well until 40 in the second where lost 6 games in a row to lose 46. I went down a break in the third before GOATing despite 6 more double faults, making a match tally of 12. End result 63 46 62. I play tennis only for fuckery these days
The amount of fuckery

What happens when you are up/match points? Do you just completely lose it and hit errors? Or do you lose concentration and stuff up your footwork and shot technique?

Tennis Tipping:

Titles: Singles: 50K Aning 2014 Doubles:
The Kiwi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2014, 10:31 AM   #1862
Queen V.

Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kiwi Fan View Post
The amount of fuckery

What happens when you are up/match points? Do you just completely lose it and hit errors? Or do you lose concentration and stuff up your footwork and shot technique?
Only two today

But yeah, i really lose it. Tamira Paszek + Victoria Azarenka + Yaroslava Shvedova

Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Ivanovic Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #1863
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone here struggle against people who slice every single shot. With deep shots, short shots? Bringing the opponent into the net and lobbing them uncontrollably? It's very effective

New York, New York

#1 Fan of Melanie Oudin
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:39 AM   #1864
country flag The Kiwi Fan

The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future

Played my semi finals today, overall we won 4-2 and are into the grand final

Doubles: Lost 6-4. A shocking match, we quickly went down 0-3* as we double faulted our games away My partner was horrendous and literally could not get the ball over the net, he was playing extremely flat and making a truck load of errors At 1-4* I single handedly tried to get us back, and it worked for a while, getting us back to 3-4*, but the big server served and won that game easily and my partner was serving to stay in the match at *3-5. I gave him direct orders: get the fucking serve in (but I didn't say that...) and it worked. He held to love as I finished the points at the net. But after that he was just completely out of it, hitting two return errors in the next game, and effing up a volley when I was winning the point. I sent a return long on match point (but it was 5-4 40-0 to them, and my partner would have screwed up the next point anyway) to seal the error fest called a tennis match.

Singles: Won 6-2. I knew I was actually playing well, it was just my partner, so I went on and broke him to start (I was playing the big server from my dubs match, who also like the net) then held with 3 service winners. I broke him again but went down double break point at *3-0. I saved both, one with an ace, before getting game point. Don't ask me why, but I decided to hit an under arm serve, and it worked well, double bouncing before he got to it. But he just stood there confused, and I realised he probably thought I was hitting the ball to him or something. So I replayed the point, and aced him. However he totally bull shitted, saying it was out (pointing to a COMPLETELY different mark). I went along with it, but double faulted, and somehow ended up losing the game. Furious, I absolutely smashed the ball in the next game(a la Serena Williams when Bacsinszky drop shotted her serve) and broke easily, hitting the ball harder than I have ever. Then I started being a bitchy Rodionova for the call the game before, saying 'other side genius', when he hit the ball to my side once the game was over (I was serving then, but it was change ends) and I stood there until he got the ball. I then hit massive serves (anger works for me) to get 40-15, then somehow getting broken, by fluke shots and a double fault. But then I broke easily and held to win. I was very happy with my volleys and drop shots today, I am actually started to use drop shots from the baseline, and happy with my BH, which was very flat and fast.

Thanks everyone for posting their matches, very interesting to read

Tennis Tipping:

Titles: Singles: 50K Aning 2014 Doubles:
The Kiwi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #1865
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

rant/

I hit a wall yesterday, figuratively.

7-5 3-6 3-6 ...

I couldn't move my feet. I couldn't take a full swing.
And my asshole opponent, dropshotted or sliced everything.
Literally ... I was playing t-ball instead of tennis.

Then at the end, he has the balls to say "sorry for all the dropshots" ... to which I responded "if you have to apologize then it isn't called tennis" ... probably one of the coldest handshakes I've ever given.

I shouldn't have lost that match ... plain and simple.
I had 3-0 leads on those last two sets and my body failed.

I'm in a dark mood now ... hating on tennis and hating on my fat ass.

/end rant
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:13 AM   #1866
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally played my first USTA team match tonight after weeks of getting rained out. Everything started out great - I was up *4-1 and *5-2 in the first set. I hit nearly every first serve in, and was very consistent off of both wings. Had a few nice winners off my FH wing too. That's when everything seemed to derail. I was just so tight and tense. My footwork went and then my timing was off. Not swinging through shots, not getting up to shots, etc. I missed nearly everything and gave my opponent the next 5 games. I felt like I belonged with all of the headcases so many of us complain about

But then I just relaxed and told myself to move your feet and follow through. I went up *5-0 in the second set and had 2 SP at 5-0 but got broken. However, I broke him back the next game for 6-1 second set. Third set goes to a super TB which I was quite nervous about because I knew if I played a full 3rd set that I would surely win. So the first 6 points go all on serve. We were both playing well off the ground and hitting good first serves. Then I took the next 7 points with very confident play and even ended on a FHDTL winner - 10-3. What a relief

Overall, it was a good experience and I'm just happy I got the win. But I need to try and learn something from this though, that's the most important thing.

Our team won too and are now 2-1 on the year and we're in second place in the conference. We play the undefeated team soon so that will be a huge matchup to decide if we go to sectionals or not. Can't wait for the next match
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #4 (CH Ranking: #4)
Titles: Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #32 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:57 AM   #1867
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
Finally played my first USTA team match tonight after weeks of getting rained out. Everything started out great - I was up *4-1 and *5-2 in the first set. I hit nearly every first serve in, and was very consistent off of both wings. Had a few nice winners off my FH wing too. That's when everything seemed to derail. I was just so tight and tense. My footwork went and then my timing was off. Not swinging through shots, not getting up to shots, etc. I missed nearly everything and gave my opponent the next 5 games. I felt like I belonged with all of the headcases so many of us complain about

But then I just relaxed and told myself to move your feet and follow through. I went up *5-0 in the second set and had 2 SP at 5-0 but got broken. However, I broke him back the next game for 6-1 second set. Third set goes to a super TB which I was quite nervous about because I knew if I played a full 3rd set that I would surely win. So the first 6 points go all on serve. We were both playing well off the ground and hitting good first serves. Then I took the next 7 points with very confident play and even ended on a FHDTL winner - 10-3. What a relief

Overall, it was a good experience and I'm just happy I got the win. But I need to try and learn something from this though, that's the most important thing.

Our team won too and are now 2-1 on the year and we're in second place in the conference. We play the undefeated team soon so that will be a huge matchup to decide if we go to sectionals or not. Can't wait for the next match
Congrats! You've won as many matches as Ula has this year!
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #1868
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Ula has won 4 thank you very much
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
Titles: Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #1869
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Cory!!

I was nervous reading through your post, and when I saw "all started out well at 52" I knew you lost it 57 before I even finished reading

I expected a GOAT come back and fortunately as I kept reading I saw the 5-0

I was reading in suspense at "First 6 points went on serve" and was hoping for the best and I breathed a sigh of relief at "won the next 7 points in a row"

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #1870
country flag Inger67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
Cory!!

I was nervous reading through your post, and when I saw "all started out well at 52" I knew you lost it 57 before I even finished reading

I expected a GOAT come back and fortunately as I kept reading I saw the 5-0

I was reading in suspense at "First 6 points went on serve" and was hoping for the best and I breathed a sigh of relief at "won the next 7 points in a row"

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Thanks, Spencer!

I know, right. It very easily could have been 6-2, 6-0/6-2, 6-1 but I'm happy with how I was able to keep my nerve after all of it happened and even close out the TB.

I think I'm going to play in the Ann Arbor City Tournament in July
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #1871
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

way to go Cory!
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 12:20 AM   #1872
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

My tennis tournament filled (hopefully) summer has begun.

Played my first match last Sunday, won it easily. My opponent was playing up a grade to see where his game was, so I won it quite easily.

Played the QF match tonight against the #2 and last years champion.
Started off the match really well, got an early break by just playing solid, getting plenty of balls back and making deep returns. The match went on serve until *3-2 when I went down 15-40 due to stupid errors. Hit a good serve to force an error for the first one and then (luckily) got a netcord winner to bring it to deuce. I was so lucky throughout the match. I got at least 3 or 4 net cord winners.
Serve went AWOL for the next few games but still managed to hold serve. Went down 0-30 when serving it out but thankfully my opponent hit 2 errors and then FINALLY my serve came back and I served it out with 2 aces. Slice out wide in the deuce court and then a slider down the T to take the first set 6-4.

Started off the second set with another break but then got broken back immediately and went down *1-2, stayed positive and then went on to win the next 5 games in a row to close out the set and match 6-2.

For some reason my BH was off tonight, had to use way more topspin than usual. Not my best tennis but I was moving really well. Hopefully it'll work itself out by tomorrow's SF.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #1873
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Jack back playing the attack tennis

I have a match on Saturday, and it's the 1st time I'll be playing an opponent I've played before. I played him last season. I won that match 6-0 4-6 6-4 (it included delicious play, nerves, peak choking, and some mumbled cursing and eye rolls throughout)

He plays with a LOT of slice on the BH, but a lot of spin on the FH. He's quite tricky. But if it's the same as last year, his 2nd serve is just a tap. No serve motion, no nothing. Just a toss and tap. He makes Errani's 2nd serve look like Serena's 1st serve

Kind of nervous, as usual, but hopefully I'll go in confident knowing that I was able to close it out in the end last year.

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #1874
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
Jack back playing the attack tennis

I have a match on Saturday, and it's the 1st time I'll be playing an opponent I've played before. I played him last season. I won that match 6-0 4-6 6-4 (it included delicious play, nerves, peak choking, and some mumbled cursing and eye rolls throughout)

He plays with a LOT of slice on the BH, but a lot of spin on the FH. He's quite tricky. But if it's the same as last year, his 2nd serve is just a tap. No serve motion, no nothing. Just a toss and tap. He makes Errani's 2nd serve look like Serena's 1st serve

Kind of nervous, as usual, but hopefully I'll go in confident knowing that I was able to close it out in the end last year.
Good luck, Spencer! I would say channel Jelena, but after her performance vs Keys maybe don't...

Won my SF match 62 62 tonight, played solid and aggressive. Probably the best I've served in a long time too. Playing the final tomorrow. Just gonna enjoy it.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2014, 08:15 PM   #1875
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

I played Intercounty Juniors today I have a 1-2 win-loss record. And today I was paired to play doubles with a close friend against two people that I already knew who played for the top club in our division (we are 2nd in our division). And we were the last match to go on out of the 6 matches (we had won 2 and lost 3 at that point). I was pretty nervous but once underway me and me partner did really well we held easily the first game and then they held pretty easily. I then quickly grabbed my game which came as a surprise and then we broke them so it was 3-1 it is a pro set so we had to go to 8. So we continued like that my partner held for 4-1 and then we broke a second time on the better player's serve. I hit a couple of stunning down the line forehands of the serve and I was pretty surprised as it didn't hit the net like it usually does. BTW they were a pretty good doubles team but we were better. We eventually won 8-2 after a little hesitation at 5-1... I hit some pretty good 1st serves and that but my volley's needed improvement as I kept letting easy balls go to my partner and he ended either hitting it into the net or out becuz i let them go. Anyway Im happy for the win and thanks for reading I guess if you did... Anyway I play singles tournament next week so ill see how that goes..
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote