Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 202 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #3016
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Maybe it's time to fire Felgate...
Maybe it's time for Felgate to send Donna home and stop wasting his time with her

I'm just saying...
okramb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #3017
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Oh, c'mon. Felgate has been working with her for quite some time now. This is not grounds for firing someone.

This reminds me of the "tiff" between Bouchard and her coach the day before her semifinal match vs. Sharapova. It's not all roses and sunshine for coach and player all of the time, trust me.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #3018
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
If she fires him I could not think of a bigger mistake...

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 10:17 PM   #3019
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Epic on court coaching

Felgate: "How are you feeling?"
Donna: "The court is so fucking wet"
Felgate: "No it isn't. Don't worry about the court, the court is perfect, stop bitching about the court"
Donna makes a face
Felgate: "Give yourself a bit more room on the second serve and don't leave your shots short on the backhand"
Donna still making a face
Felgate: "People have been playing on grass courts for 150 years, grow up and stop bitching about it, if you don't like it go play on clay"

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 10:24 PM   #3020
country flag volume3d

volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of

All people dragged Donna but they didn't ralize Donna and Stan were joking and 'shading' Murray and Mauresmo(Wimbledon winner, new coach).....fb posters say Stan was rude towards Donna

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 04:32 AM   #3021
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 10th, 2014, 05:03 AM   #3022
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

The coach should shut up. He has never made it to the final of a grass event but he talks like he won Halle. His player was depressed and all he does is make her feel worse.
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 10:31 AM   #3023
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

It's irrelevant as a coach whether he won a grass tournament as a player, but I agree it wasn't quite right to tell her off in that situation. He is the much more mature and experienced person so he should calm her down and tell her something like- the surface is the same for both players, you need to find a way to cope with it.

If it indeed was a bit wet, some tactical advice about slice serves and low attacking shots would also be useful. If it's a bit too slippery to defend she ought to attack.

Really, Donna shouldn't complain about the surface, but should instead ask for advice on how to handle the playing conditions. But she is young so it is understandable that her frustration got the better of her.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #3024
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post
All people dragged Donna but they didn't ralize Donna and Stan were joking and 'shading' Murray and Mauresmo(Wimbledon winner, new coach).....fb posters say Stan was rude towards Donna

Not surprised. Twitter users are always so negative about everything.
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 11:41 AM   #3025
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
The coach should shut up. He has never made it to the final of a grass event but he talks like he won Halle. His player was depressed and all he does is make her feel worse.
She was being an idiotic shit though Obviously many circumstantial points contributed to this bad mood and he didn't do good things for it in hindsight but I think he was trying to hype her up

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #3026
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Is Dani that good or Beli that bad today...I see it's 6:1, 5:2
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 06:11 PM   #3027
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Dani matches Belina much better off the backhand. Again, Donna played a very poor match tactically.
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #3028
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

This summer Donna will be gunning for the Baku slam. The entry list not totally awful actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
MD list

1. Cirstea
2. Koukalova
3. Svitolina
4. Rybarikova
5. Zhang
6. Meusburger
7. Nara
8. Jovanovski
9. Barthel
10. Vekic
11. Cepelova
12. Watson
13. Schiavone
14. Mayr-Achleitner
15. Soler Espinosa
16. Voegele
17. Glushko
18. Cadantu
19. Peer
20. Van Uytvanck
21. U.Radwanska (#93)
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #3029
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 02:20 AM   #3030
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

You can judge for yourself now that there's video evidence. (52:36)

I don't see anything wrong with Donna's demeanor. Of course, it wasn't happy and cheerful, but I don't see that as disrespectful. And yes, David Felgate showed some tough love.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote