Sammy '14 Cheering Thread! (2) - Page 229 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #3421
country flag Ruzanam

Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light Ruzanam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ninja Sam STRIKES the Green '14! - Birmingham & Eastbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I think Sam will take it in two fairly straightforward sets.
My concern is that it will be Sam's first match on grass and McHale already played one, it's an advantage for her at least in the first set
Ruzanam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #3422
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzanam View Post
My concern is that it will be Sam's first match on grass and McHale already played one, it's an advantage for her at least in the first set
I don't know why, but I'm not worried about that. Sam has had over a week to prepare for this event. I know, practice is never the same as matches, but she will have a feel for the courts and how to move on them by now. I think she'll be fine
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #3423

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I expect Sam's improved serving to come into its own on grass. Even on clay she was far less reliant on her kicker than she was in the past. On grass she will be very hard to break I think.
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 05:46 PM   #3424
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

^I share the same concern as Ruzanam but happy to be wrong about this.

On another note, apparently Team Stonetta has legs.....

Alessio Vinciguerra ‏@Ale_Vinc 2h
Kiki/Flavia apparently no longer a thing. Kiki is playing with Babos in Birmingham and will do the same at Wimbledon. Flavia w/Stosur.
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #3425
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
^Poor Simona looks so small in your avatar

Schmiedlova and McHale up first on court 3. Hoping for Schmied to snag the upset.
I know right, she's so adorable! Your avatar is great too.

Sam will be playing Xtina in R2...not an easy match!

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #3426
country flag Edith09

Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all Edith09 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post

Kiki/Flavia apparently no longer a thing. Kiki is playing with Babos in Birmingham and will do the same at Wimbledon. Flavia w/Stosur.
I like it.
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #3427

Quote:

I'll wait and see whether this rumour has any substance, but I think it could be a good move. Given enough time I think that Stonetta could be a killer team

Despite agreeing that Svammy was a bit too much of a double dose of headcasiness, I would be sad to see them split. They would have to be just about the most adorable doubles pairing ever
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #3428
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I'll wait and see whether this rumour has any substance, but I think it could be a good move. Given enough time I think that Stonetta could be a killer team

Despite agreeing that Svammy was a bit too much of a double dose of headcasiness, I would be sad to see them split. They would have to be just about the most adorable doubles pairing ever
Yeah they were fun to watch in Moscow - still remember that episode where Sveta couldn't stop talking with Sam and got a warning from Eva
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #3429

Quote:
Yeah they were fun to watch in Moscow - still remember that episode where Sveta couldn't stop talking with Sam and got a warning from Eva
That was hilarious

Or the interview when Sam was asked why they make a good team. "She likes to talk, and I like to listen"
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 07:33 PM   #3430

I was initially surprised that Flavia and Kiki were splitting, because I thought they were a pretty successful team, but other than the Osaka title they didn't really win many matches together. Svammy were more successful overall.
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 12:36 AM   #3431
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Like stromatolite, I will be personally sad if Svammy break up - they have been my favourite doubles team for a long time. But I suppose if they've decided things aren't working out results-wise, then switching things up could be positive.

Two former doubles #1s together can't be a bad thing - and we could go back to making a whole bunch of dominatrix jokes again
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:11 AM   #3432
country flag kvaker81

kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future

I know who would be VERY happy for Stonnetta to happen again ME ME ME will be a very happy kitty if the rumour is true
kvaker81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #3433
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Eh Sam seems to pick double partners that I'm not particularly fond of, but if they get some wins Ill be happy
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 09:05 AM   #3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
Eh Sam seems to pick double partners that I'm not particularly fond of, but if they get some wins Ill be happy
Maybe she should play doubles with Maria?
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 09:19 AM   #3435
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Maria wins almost every time she and Sam are on court together, so yeah, it would be nice if they were on the same team for a change.

If Jarka's singles ranking was higher and they were playing similar tournaments she might be ok. Although I don't think many of the international Sammy fans would be so happy
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote