Aussies in WTA events - Page 133 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #1981
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussies in WTA events

Great work Casey. Very easy draw, but we'll take it!
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2014, 06:11 PM   #1982
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Dellacqua/Barty wins 5-7 7-6 12-10
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #1983
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I know a lot of peeps are saying Ash needs to forget the dubs and focus on singles, however I hope she maintains her current schedule of dubs with Casey. I think it gives her the experience of playing with someone who has clearly seen there is more to life than tennis and in weeks such as this when she isn't in the maindraw for singles, it gives her match play on the grass. We have to remember, a tennis career is a marathon and not a sprint.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #1984
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome effort by Sam to take down McHale with no trouble whatsoever. A 6-1 6-3 win and she's straight into R3

Casey on soon and we're only one match away from Sam v. Casey!

I know we talked about the last time two Aussies played in a WTA MD, but I'd like to know when was the last time two Aussies so far into the draw! Anyone??
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #1985
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
^ Sydney 05 final comes to mind.

Sam was phenom today. Rocked it. Serve was crazy good.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #1986
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold

The last all-Aussie third round match I can remember was Jarka and Nastya at the French open in 2011 maybe... I think that was a third round match anyway. After that I have no idea.
Sam21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #1987
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Sam vs Casey would be awesome, but if it happens I'm going to be pukingly nervous. Which is weird, because I'd be happy for whoever wins
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #1988
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be rooting for Sam, more that she needs it so much more - Casey has had a stellar year so a loss won't do her much harm

I should shut up she ain't there yet.

Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #1989
country flag Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post
The last all-Aussie third round match I can remember was Jarka and Nastya at the French open in 2011 maybe... I think that was a third round match anyway. After that I have no idea.
Yeah good call Sam. Looks like it was Nastya v. Jarka in the 3rd round of RG. It was 2010 though.
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #1990
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Watch Casey lose to Lepchenko now

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 04:06 PM   #1991
country flag Territory

Casey did it!!!!

She was really solid. Best bit was that at 6-4 3-3 she won the next (and last) 12 points!!

Casey v. Sam next!
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 04:15 PM   #1992
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

So pumped to watch that! Both played really well today so could be a good match

Old Jun 11th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #1993
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff Casey

Bring on the Sam-Casey showdown!
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 12:37 AM   #1994
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to this. I'm on Team Sam though, hoping she can get through. She seems to have a new purpose with her tennis these past few weeks, and I want to see that carry on.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 12:41 AM   #1995
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

^ same. She looked really happy & relaxed, it was awful to see her so tense & miserable at the start of the year.