Why Do So Many People Dislike Maria? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #46
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all
Re: Why Do So Many People Dislike Maria?

when a person has beauty; money; talent and success all at once you can expect her to have some hater , cause people usualy hate when someone has it all

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #47
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

I said this in a different manner a few days ago, but Maria, like many other globally successful people, has a strong presence and personality. All people like that - Steve Jobs, Ronaldo, Serena, Jordan, Jack Ma, etc - are, by nature, divisive personalities that draw attention. Add to that their heavy exposure by the media and you brew up deep bases of hate...even Ghandi was a forceful personality in his way and attracted plenty of haters.

In particular, the followers of more demure personalities - Stosur, Satya Nadella, Mary Barra, Halep - will lash out against these personas since they are so far from what their ideal is. Those who shy from the limelight hate the limelight; such is not the case for Maria and her rabid haterbase, since many of them are Serena fans and Serena herself (and her fans) love the limelight as well.
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #48
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell View Post
It's just the Serena fans, still bitter over Sharapova's beatdown of her at Wimbledon 2004. They feel threatened by her even though everyone knows Serena is the better player, and they have had the satisfaction of Serena's beatdowns and wins against Sharapova at the 2005 AO, 2007 AO, 2007 IW, 2012 Olympics, and more.

Now, for the general viewing public, her grunting is definitely off-putting.

Yes - The Wimbledon final 2004 still hurts for some and the fact that Masha just didn't fade away after that so they could forget about her - She had the nerves to win 3 additional slams plus 26 other titles and also became the best payed female athlete on this planet - All you've to do is to check out her Facebook page and all the 13 million likes there to be assured that the whiners and the backbiters are just a very little and pathetic minority - All they can whine about are:
  • Her shrieks - and they forget that many other players - like for example the great champ Venus - do it as well
  • Her slow service start - They forget that a player has 20 seconds to prepare for a serve and Masha very seldom gets a warning
  • Her "come on"s
  • Her "death stare"
  • Her way to focus before the next point and turning her back to her opponent
  • Her lack of plan a B
  • Her one-dimensional game
  • Her ball bashing
I think that sums it up - Now all these pitiful whiners can't be considered real tennis fans because if they were - they would have focused on Masha's tennis instead and they would've recognized the high quality of her game even if some things don't work as expected - like when her serve abandons her
I've said it before - Y'all should make an effort to really listen to Masha's shrieks - She expresses what is going on with her while she plays - like if she's in a rally - hits a winner - is in distress or runs for a drop boll - She tells her part of the match in real time - and it's completely different from the shrieks other players do
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 06:53 AM   #49
country flag midaso

midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all

Why do so many people dis her fair play. When has she ever broken a racquet? I could count on one hand the number of arguments she's had with umpires. She keeps her cool and never blows her top. She's just trying to win a game of tennis,maybe she is more intense than most,but these things happen in the heat of the moment...
midaso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 07:20 AM   #50
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by midaso View Post
Why do so many people dis her fair play.
The latest dumbtastic idiocy on GM is to accuse her of intentionally tossing the ball wrong. Such ignorant batshit stupidity makes me cringe, I mean puke.
Anyone having ever played some tennis would know that it's something suicidal that you wouldn't even try once.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 07:27 AM   #51
country flag midaso

midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all

They do the same with Nadal,if he was a solid player ranked #17 with no hope of ever winning a slam,no one would complain...
midaso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 11:46 AM   #52
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharapower View Post
The latest dumbtastic idiocy on GM is to accuse her of intentionally tossing the ball wrong. Such ignorant batshit stupidity makes me cringe, I mean puke.
Anyone having ever played some tennis would know that it's something suicidal that you wouldn't even try once.
I bet that there were no Ana fans among those who made that accusation. But you can't take that GM crap seriously, really. You can bet your life that they will accuse Maria of 'cheating' if she would win. The word 'cheating' is one that should be forbidden at TF imo. The settings at TF should be such that whenever someone uses it the word would automatically be replaced by "I'm a sour grapes loser." Just accept that you did lose, say your congrats to the winner and hope for better the next time. It's not so hard to do. My fave(s) have lost many matches over the years - even matches where they were on the receiving end of gamesmanship and/or bad calls, but I've never went over to GM to whine about their opponents 'cheating.' It is what it is, that's sports! Just accept it and move on!

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #53
country flag Define

Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all
This day proved to me once again why I love Maria. All the haters and their dodgy arguments can go to hell. Jealous, much?!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Define is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote