Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 318 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 29th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #4756
country flag ILC
Senior Member
 
ILC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,279
ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Watson is normal player. Should be skilled match. Kleybanova was just unable to suggest high level.
ILC is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old May 29th, 2014, 06:54 AM   #4757
country flag CheddarChomper
Senior Member
 
CheddarChomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,493
CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Watson says [against Halep] she will not abandon her new attacking strategy to accommodate the rise in class. ďDefinitely not,Ē she said. ďIf anything, Iíll try and be more aggressive against a player like that, so solid, so high up in the rankings, doing so well. Youíre not going to get free points. Iím not going to hope for her to miss, because sheís not going to miss.Ē Source

So, either expect Heather to make tons of errors or make tons of winning shots! I'm confident Simona will come through just fine, something like 6-4 6-3.
__________________
Simona Halep, Princess of Hearts
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:03 AM   #4758
country flag xanadoo
Senior Member
 
xanadoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 227
xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all xanadoo is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I might be way over my head and very wrong, as I admit I only follow Simona from Sofia last year (shame on me), but is it only me, or indeed she does far less UE as in the past. Was admiring Radwanska for the small number of errors per match, and I saw that Simona began from Madrid, I would say, to make less errors too.
xanadoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:23 AM   #4759
country flag Asa este
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 419
Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Watson says...
Correct me if I am wrong but isnt Heather on a 10-0 clay streak at the moment? she won Prague and 4 matches in Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadoo View Post
or indeed she does far less UE as in the past.
far far less. she is attacking now and doesnt run around like a desperate headless chicken anymore. she calls the shoots now
Asa este is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:14 AM   #4760
country flag mido1988
Senior Member
 
mido1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,116
mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
and I saw that Simona began from Madrid, I would say, to make less errors too.
But the better is to make few errors when playing aggressively ,, simona was less aggressive in Madrid and some other matches this year than last year and Doha from this year ..
__________________
_____________

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #4761
country flag CheddarChomper
Senior Member
 
CheddarChomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,493
CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa este View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but isnt Heather on a 10-0 clay streak at the moment? she won Prague and 4 matches in Paris
It's a 9 match winning streak. Hey, all good things come to an end. As I see it, Heather is spirited and tenacious like Kurumi Nara, with a bit more power, but not huge amounts more. And we know that Simona deals with that sort of player very well, out-toughing them, out-smarting them, and usually out-hitting them. She'll be fine. Relax.
__________________
Simona Halep, Princess of Hearts
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:24 AM   #4762
country flag UCLA
Senior Member
 
UCLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,638
UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
But the better is to make few errors when playing aggressively ,, simona was less aggressive in Madrid and some other matches this year than last year and Doha from this year ..
aggression comes with a risk, i prefer a win over how it`s done. Lets not forget vs who she played. All of them , Ana , Bam bam , Petra are born for that type of play. Simona was smarter and waited for her shots. This is clay , it`s not Doha , it`s harder to accelerate that ball.

Simona knows what she must do, and for what i`ve seen is : Serve well , do less unforced errors , eliminate double errors and construct your point until they give u an opportunity to do a final attack. Remember , Simona is also great at making breaks too, not to mention the infinity ability to chase the ball and put an extra ball every time in the opponent court side. She also has improved her volley ball and her approach to the net. Day by day Simona shows us what everybody could see, a huge talent which must improve , and she show improvement in something at each tournament. I don`t count where she was injured or Stuttgart ( almost the same thing , she was injured from Fed Cup ).

The best thing about Simona is that she is still improving.

The sky is the limit for Simona. And dunno about u , but every opponent who face Simona knows this for sure . And facing Simona prob is kinda scary.
__________________
Simona Halep

"Iíve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed.
Iíve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan
UCLA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #4763
country flag mido1988
Senior Member
 
mido1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,116
mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
aggression comes with a risk, i prefer a win over how it`s done. Lets not forget vs who she played. All of them , Ana , Bam bam , Petra are born for that type of play. Simona was smarter and waited for her shots. This is clay , it`s not Doha , it`s harder to accelerate that ball.

Simona knows what she must do, and for what i`ve seen is : Serve well , do less unforced errors , eliminate double errors and construct your point until they give u an opportunity to do a final attack. Remember , Simona is also great at making breaks too, not to mention the infinity ability to chase the ball and put an extra ball every time in the opponent court side. She also has improved her volley ball and her approach to the net. Day by day Simona shows us what everybody could see, a huge talent which must improve , and she show improvement in something at each tournament. I don`t count where she was injured or Stuttgart ( almost the same thing , she was injured from Fed Cup ).

The best thing about Simona is that she is still improving.

The sky is the limit for Simona. And dunno about u , but every opponent who face Simona knows this for sure . And facing Simona prob is kinda scary.
I agree with most of that .. I don't mind playing safely some times during matches , especially when this giving you leading and the opponent destroy herself with errors .. But in some matches this year even on hard .. Simona was passive from the begining even when she was down in the score .. And in Madrid let's not forget she lost the first set against Lisicki and Petra and she could have lost .. the passive game didn't give her those matches .. I agree that the clay doesn't help Simona to be very aggressive , that's why I think that the faster courts is more suitable to Simona aggressive game as a top player ...
__________________
_____________

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #4764
country flag mido1988
Senior Member
 
mido1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,116
mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Looks like Sloane is playing well ( Maybe they were right that she plays good only in Slams )
So the draw isn't as easy as we thought in comparison with some other draws .. Matching in form watson and Sloane playing well is tough before the QF .. But i still confident
__________________
_____________

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #4765
country flag UCLA
Senior Member
 
UCLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,638
UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
I agree with most of that .. I don't mind playing safely some times during matches , especially when this giving you leading and the opponent destroy herself with errors .. But in some matches this year even on hard .. Simona was passive from the begining even when she was down in the score .. And in Madrid let's not forget she lost the first set against Lisicki and Petra and she could have lost .. the passive game didn't give her those matches .. I agree that the clay doesn't help Simona to be very aggressive , that's why I think that the faster courts is more suitable to Simona aggressive game as a top player ...
Mido from what i`ve seen in Madrid , in the first set against Bam bam there was nothing u can do , Lisicki was playing great, those drop shots were amazing stuff. Petra on the other hand lets face it , if Petra plays her game and all balls comes into the court , nobody can do nothing against her, and again Petra played well , i think it was the best match i`ve seen Petra playing in the last 2-3 months. The only time , and i think u forgot mentioning , was vs Maria in the 2`nd set. There was an error , she was supposed to crush that blonde doll but somehow she resurrect herself at behalf of Simona who was way to more defensive .

And for what type of surface is more suitable for her , well i`ve heard an interview of Simona who said that she also like hard courts now , in the past she prefer clay but now almost she can`t decide. Remember , Simona is not an agresive player on clay from the start , she`s a great adapter, and last year showed us she can win tournaments on all surfaces . Nobody said that Simona will play on clay like Errani or something like that ( thanks God for that ) , she`s far more aggresive , i just say on clay u must be smart and wait for the spot to make a winner shot, that`s all. Her movement helps her a lot to gain this advantage , why risk it with an agressive play everytime when ur opponent "helps" u with her errors ?

She`s smart. And i`m proud of her for that.
__________________
Simona Halep

"Iíve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed.
Iíve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan
UCLA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #4766
country flag CheddarChomper
Senior Member
 
CheddarChomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,493
CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
Looks like Sloane is playing well ( Maybe they were right that she plays good only in Slams ) ...
From the results thread in GM, it seems like Hercog played really bad though ...

Regarding your post above that ... I think the two opening sets against Lisicki & Kvitova were tough because both were playing very well. I agree Simona was a bit passive in that 1st set against Kvitova. However, against Lisicki I think she actually played very well and positively in the 1st set. It wasn't easy to see it at the time, but on watching the match again it became clear to me. It's just that Lisicki played great. Thankfully, Simona kept a good level up and kept playing quite aggressively whilst Lisicki's level dropped. It wasn't Simona's stellar tennis but it was controlled & aggressive I believe. Just one man's opinion ...
__________________
Simona Halep, Princess of Hearts
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #4767
country flag mido1988
Senior Member
 
mido1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,116
mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
Mido from what i`ve seen in Madrid , in the first set against Bam bam there was nothing u can do , Lisicki was playing great, those drop shots were amazing stuff. Petra on the other hand lets face it , if Petra plays her game and all balls comes into the court , nobody can do nothing against her, and again Petra played well , i think it was the best match i`ve seen Petra playing in the last 2-3 months. The only time , and i think u forgot mentioning , was vs Maria in the 2`nd set. There was an error , she was supposed to crush that blonde doll but somehow she resurrect herself at behalf of Simona who was way to more defensive .

And for what type of surface is more suitable for her , well i`ve heard an interview of Simona who said that she also like hard courts now , in the past she prefer clay but now almost she can`t decide. Remember , Simona is not an agresive player on clay from the start , she`s a great adapter, and last year showed us she can win tournaments on all surfaces . Nobody said that Simona will play on clay like Errani or something like that ( thanks God for that ) , she`s far more aggresive , i just say on clay u must be smart and wait for the spot to make a winner shot, that`s all. Her movement helps her a lot to gain this advantage , why risk it with an agressive play everytime when ur opponent "helps" u with her errors ?

She`s smart. And i`m proud of her for that.
I agree but i have 2 points to say .. Simona has a better to do against players like kvitova and Lisicki when they play great ,, I don't see that Simona's best is weaker than their best ,, Actually Simona Schooled Kvitova in Nhaven with amazing tennis ,, That's what i want for Simona .. She will not play like that every match .. But matches like that tell us what Simona really can do against any players ..
The second thing is that Simona should find a formula to deal with the consistent hitters , who will not give her alot of errors .. Actually i think it's easier for her to do this in hard courts where her aggressive game and shot making are very effective .. I know that the clay will reduce the power of opponents shots also .. But it will do the same to simona so I think that simona has more weapones in hard than clay ( maybe i'm wrong because i'm not that expert )
__________________
_____________

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:22 AM   #4768
country flag mido1988
Senior Member
 
mido1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,116
mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
From the results thread in GM, it seems like Hercog played really bad though ...
But 80 % first serve is something unbelievable even it seems her serve was slower than usual
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/sc...10/2221ms.html

Anyway it's still early ... Let's hope Simona fine and healthy in today match
__________________
_____________

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #4769
country flag CheddarChomper
Senior Member
 
CheddarChomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,493
CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
... Simona has a better to do against players like kvitova and Lisicki when they play great ,, I don't see that Simona's best is weaker than their best ,, Actually Simona Schooled Kvitova in Nhaven with amazing tennis ,, That's what i want for Simona .. She will not play like that every match .. But matches like that tell us what Simona really can do against any players ..
Against big hitters, keeping the ball deep is especially key. If she keeps the ball deep most of the time like she did against Ivanovic in Madrid & against Kvitova in New Haven, she can neutralise their power because a) they won't hit many winners from the baseline past super-speedy Simona & b) they increase their risk of errors by being forced to go for too much / becoming impatient.

Most of these big-hitters, rather than constructing their points well, rely on getting short balls that they can move up to in mid-court, and thus having the time to pick their spot for a winner. If Simona can jam them up consistently behind the baseline as she did so effectively in those 2 matches, Simona has the time to build her points and choose her moment to attack. Just the way I see it. I'm no expert either.
__________________
Simona Halep, Princess of Hearts

Last edited by CheddarChomper : May 29th, 2014 at 12:01 PM.
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #4770
country flag mido1988
Senior Member
 
mido1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,116
mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Against big hitters, keeping the ball deep is especially key. If she keeps the ball deep most of the time like she did against Ivanovic in Madrid & against Kvitova in New Haven, she can neutralise their power because a) they won't hit many winners from the baseline past super-speedy Simona & b) they increase their risk of errors by being forced to go for too much.

Most of these big-hitters rely on getting short balls that they can move up to in mid-court, and thus having the time to pick their spot for a winner. If Simona can jam them up consistently behind the baseline as she did so effectively in those 2 matches, Simona has the time to build her points and choose her moment to attack. Just the way I see it. I'm no expert either.
The serve also is a golden key .. If Simona serves well very few players can beat her

Quote:
BTW, I have watched that Lisicki match a couple of times & I thought Simona played really well throughout the match. The first set didn't seem too good at the time, but watching it again she actually played very well, it was just Lisicki played great. OK, that match wasn't Simona's most stellar tennis but it was quite aggressive and very controlled I thought. One of her 6 or 7 best performances of the year I think (the Top 3 were all in Doha )
I totally agree , I even think that lisicki played away better than Kvitova ,, I don't think Kvity did something amazing ( She was an error machine ) .. Simona really played well most of that match except giving the 1st set to Lisicki in the decisive time ( as usual )
__________________
_____________

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios