Anett Kontaveit - Page 183 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 15th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #2731
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I actually hope she goes for the Nottinghams
That seems to be her plan indeed, she pulled out of all the clay ITFs and has now entered only Nottingham. But she is 17th alt at the moment, so it is quite packed.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #2732
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Roland Garros Qualifying

(2)Heather Watson v Irina Falconi
Kateryna Kozlova v (wc)Estelle Cascino
Anett Kontaveit v (wc)Constance Sibille
Gabriela Dabrowski v (23)Veronica Cepede Royg
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #2733
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

The first two rounds should be winnable I guess
Old May 20th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #2734
country flag muusa

4th match tomorrow, but the weather forecast does not look too good..
Old May 21st, 2014, 01:56 AM   #2735
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

She really should win the 1st and I'd have her as favourite for the 2nd She definitely has a shot against Watson however Heather just won 100K + H Prague I wish it was last year's ranking distribution where she'd probably get 50 Points instead of 30 A good draw though She should be happy with it And her 1st Grand Slam

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 10:40 AM   #2736
country flag muusa

Btw, why is Nottingham 75k cut-off so high this year? Last year it was 176 for MD, this year it is 128 And Anett barely made the qualies..
Were some WTA tournaments re-scheduled maybe?

Seeing this I'd rather have preferred her playing a weakish clay ITF after RG qualies and then go for Nottingham 50k the week before Wimbledon qualies..
Old May 21st, 2014, 10:44 AM   #2737
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Btw, why is Nottingham 75k cut-off so high this year? Last year it was 176 for MD, this year it is 128 And Anett barely made the qualies..
Were some WTA tournaments re-scheduled maybe?

Seeing this I'd rather have preferred her playing a weakish clay ITF after RG qualies and then go for Nottingham 50k the week before Wimbledon qualies..
Maybe less ITFs in the same week? Less European Players in the Top 220 also contributes as Asian/American Players are more inclined to play on Grass? Maybe people realise how much smarter it is than playing more on Clay? It may still drop down more who knows It will be good experience none the less

BTW, it is raining in Paris so Anett may not get on at all today Have they ever moved a GS event Indoors I remember US Open Juniors that one year

Quote:
Old May 21st, 2014, 11:06 AM   #2738
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Maybe less ITFs in the same week?

BTW, it is raining in Paris so Anett may not get on at all today Have they ever moved a GS event Indoors I remember US Open Juniors that one year
Pretty much the same ITFs actually, they have removed Karshi, but I don't think it should have much effect..

Yeah, the forecast is looking bad in Paris, not much better for the next days as well actually
Old May 21st, 2014, 11:13 AM   #2739
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Pretty much the same ITFs actually, they have removed Karshi, but I don't think it should have much effect..

Yeah, the forecast is looking bad in Paris, not much better for the next days as well actually
It is quite odd then. Maybe it's just player preference like I said before or just fluke... I think Anett should have played a WTA this week or ITF last just to get her a bit more ready for RG... Although she was away for like 6 weeks so I get why she'd want some time at home

Quote:
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:03 PM   #2740
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Anett is really struggling at the moment. She is down 0:3.
SecondAce is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 05:16 PM   #2741
country flag muusa

Horrible start, hopefully she will benefit from the rain break..
Old May 21st, 2014, 06:03 PM   #2742
country flag lenc

lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all

Not a surprising start really. She hasn't played a match on red clay since september
lenc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 11:47 PM   #2743
country flag chingching

Geez that was bad.. Anett really should have played some form of ITF or WTA event before this... She's lucky she got an easy draw to "warm-up" Even if it was a 10K at least it would have gotten her in the motions...

Quote:
Old May 22nd, 2014, 12:45 PM   #2744
country flag muusa

Managed to win 64 75
Much more difficult than I expected.. 20 points earned at least and some good money as well
Old May 22nd, 2014, 01:08 PM   #2745
country flag chingching

Nice to see her fight a bit and get the win

I originally thought she'd make FQR easily but I'm less sure now I still think she can

Quote: