Anett Kontaveit - Page 182 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #2716
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

She really seems to have an issue with closing out important matches
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #2717
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Anett got a break and is serving for the match again.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #2718
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Ont those match points Townsend played really good. On brake points she usually is very agressive.
SecondAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #2719
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Oh dear. Those doublefaults
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #2720
country flag SecondAce

Townsend took the second set 7:6 . Oh dear...
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #2721
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

She basically had the match in the second set
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #2722
country flag SecondAce

Anett lost 4:6 in the third set.
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #2723
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch
I hope this won't become her trademark

Still a good week
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 10:17 PM   #2724
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Still a great week for Anett to get that 2nd Top 100 win but this result really does suck Such a horrible way to end the series She probably would have waltzed through the Final but anyway, what has happened has happened I just hope it stops now and she doesn't continue this later in her career 2 weeks in a row and 2 SFs this has happened now
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #2725
LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Really happy about Anett's week but still sad with that loss to Taylor.
Anyway she's getting better and better results in bigger tournaments so it's really exciting for what's coming next
Does anyone know where she's playing next?
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #2726
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LefandePatty View Post
Does anyone know where she's playing next?
Looks like it's RG qualies, because she pulled out of the ITF-s the week before.
She was quite unhappy, tweeted that on top of everything her flight home was postponed 24hrs. Hope she gets back home nicely, can rest and then prepare for the Qualies.
I wonder if she plans to play in Moscow as well after the qualies.. I guess it depends on how well she will do in France.
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #2727
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Looks like it's RG qualies, because she pulled out of the ITF-s the week before.
She was quite unhappy, tweeted that on top of everything her flight home was postponed 24hrs. Hope she gets back home nicely, can rest and then prepare for the Qualies.
I wonder if she plans to play in Moscow as well after the qualies.. I guess it depends on how well she will do in France.
Although she did well at that tournament and for all intensive purposes it is a beautiful tournament at a great club, I think she played there last year to see Andrew I also sense she may not like Russia that much based on some of last years Instagram posts
I actually hope she goes for the Nottinghams
Old May 9th, 2014, 07:34 AM   #2728
country flag muusa

For the week of 26 May - 01 Jun she has entered 1) Grado 2) Maribor 3) Moscow (as expected the weakest entry list by far)
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #2729
country flag chingching

Anett's full match vs Townsend has been uploaded onto YouTube and although she had 2 MPs, I wouldn't call her losing them a choke. the 1st was an Ace and although on the 2nd she had an opportunity, she would have had to hit quite an incredible shot which no one would really go for on MP. Still, her play definitely dropped after losing that game at 5-3* and Townsend pounced very quickly and relentlessly. Also, from 3*-2 in the TB she played quite poorly.

Here is the link

Still, a great result and hopefully she can get used to the Red Clay and Qualify for RG MD

Also, a nice article in which she talks about how she wants to progress http://www.ohtuleht.ee/578996/kontav...argu-arenemist

That racket story seems so stressful

Last edited by chingching : May 9th, 2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old May 15th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #2730
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I actually hope she goes for the Nottinghams
That seems to be her plan indeed, she pulled out of all the clay ITFs and has now entered only Nottingham. But she is 17th alt at the moment, so it is quite packed.