Madrid QF: (8) Maria Sharapova def. (2) Li Na 2-6 7-6(5) 6-3 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2014, 01:46 PM   #166
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madrid QF: (8) Maria Sharapova def. (2) Li Na 2-6 7-6(5) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
If Serena can't go a single tournament without getting injured, then who's gonna stop Maria?
Serena was out of the way for Maria at both the 2013 and 2014 Aussie Opens and she still lost to Li and Cibulkova respectively. Serena being injured guarantees nothing for Maria. Her game is so up and down this year, she can lose to several players out there at any time. Maria can't count on willing herself to victory all the time, especially at majors.

Any scenario where Serena is less than 100% opens the door for many players to win big.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2014, 01:46 PM   #167
country flag Theophile1132

Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all Theophile1132 is a name known to all

I think pova did do a great job tonight. Many congratulations to her and wish her good luck in SF.
Li played terribly at those important points especially 2 bp in the end of the 2nd set and 3 bp in the 6th game of the 3rd set... (I don't know what the heck she was doing)
And I hope Li can take a good rest and fight harder in Rome

And another feeling, Nouni should not judge pova's game...
Every time pova pointed out that the ball is out, Nouni immediately overruled without even checking marks...
And every time li argued, Nouni checked those marks carefully and then affirmed...
Overall, Nouni is a good umpire but he shouldn't treat players differently
Theophile1132 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #168
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaepernickDurant View Post
whatever, I'm done with this tournament. And Rome too because it's going to vulture its way throught that one as well. See you all at RG! *going back to sleep*

Na
you are even not done with this thread

Kvitova, Jankovic, Cepelova, Hantuchova, Ivanovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #169
country flag Compton Great

Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold Compton Great is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_106 View Post
hands down Maria will win this title fml Li Na has lost around 800 points from IW and Madrid where Serena is out
Told ya!

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....4&postcount=94
Compton Great is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #170
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

Another horrific match between the two.

Well done Masha!

NaNa

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #171
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
according to you li gave it to her because she was up a set then started hitting errors everywhere. yet the only reason and i mean the ONLY reason li even won that set was because maria was hitting errors everywhere.

you're all so mad you can't even see the flawed logic in your rants keep going its entertaining to read.
but it is half unforced abd half forced error through

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Tang Yangs Zhu Tian XuSL

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Bouchard Wawrinka Pospisil
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #172
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #173
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Serena was out of the way for Maria at both the 2013 and 2014 Aussie Opens and she still lost to Li and Cibulkova respectively. Serena being injured guarantees nothing for Maria. Her game is so up and down this year, she can lose to several players out there at any time. Maria can't count on willing herself to victory all the time, especially at majors.

Any scenario where Serena is less than 100% opens the door for many players to win big.
Exactly. Maria is still trying to find her best tennis out there, she is fighting but she is so good that she can beat almost everyone without playing her very best. She needs more matches to get in the groove but I'm quite satisfied with her season on red clay even if she flops early in Rome.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #174
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
This isn't 2013 anymore.
Maria's level doesn't seem that good but good enough to get some wins in the hard way.
She is beatable.
it sure ain't 2013!
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #175
country flag bitchypova

bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light bitchypova is a glorious beacon of light

Nouni is such a hater , why he's allways umpiring maria's matches
Nouni come and join the GM haters
bitchypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #176
country flag Sammie18

Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all Sammie18 is a name known to all

First off I want to say hi everyone, I'm new here.
Second: I figured this would happen, the longer you let Sharapova hang around, especially when she sucks(like today) you're asking to get beat, being that in 3 sets, unless your name is Vika or Serena, you're not beating Sharapova in 3 sets.
Sammie18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #177
country flag sirbenson

sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold

Horrid match, shame from Li, should have won in 2 sets.
Old May 9th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #178
UDACHi

UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
this board needs more mommy vera.
real number 2 advances and headcase is out. good result for tennis. maria against BBBs is such a gross matchup cuz they just don't let her get any rhythm. hope she can snatch her first madrid title.
Old May 9th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #179
country flag John.
Shining like a laser beam!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

This match was between Maria and Na, not Maria and Serena, so enough!
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #180
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Maria...Stosur/Li back to back to only get to the semis.

Keep the streak going.
Roookie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote