Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 268 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 7th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #4006
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
TennisTV ‏@TennisTV

Madrid OOP MS (11am): Stephens v Li, Serena v Navarro, Nadal v Nieminen, Tson/Gir v Alm/Mur, Halep v Begu/Lis, Ferrer v Isner #tennis

Center Court, not before 8.00 pm

We have to wait

Come on Simo .. I feel she will play better tomorrow

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #4007
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdescants View Post
Has anyone mentioned the perspective that, while Halep took the match by winning 70 points to the Spaniard's 57, Halep actually won the first 10 points of the match? So really, the initial shock of being-there overcome, the Spaniard played her even. Halep did not look comfortable returning the Spaniard's moonballs. Didn't seem to have her rhythm after the third game. So many times Halep tried to end points early, she missed: the winners/ue ratio is not quite accurate, because it wouldn't take into account the number of weak Spanish serves Halep tripped taking out to the trash.

What should we take from this match? Halep, much fitter than her opponent, was tentative on that forehand slide, because of the right ankle. So her movement is impaired. She served with confidence, but in the ground game she danced close with this particular hitting partner who, suffice to say, is no Maria Kirilenko. I think Halep had a lovely practice session, played within herself, and is tough to beat under even such impaired condition.
You take the words out of my mouth. I was actually really worried to see how hopeless Simona was against those loopy topspin shots her opponent would always throw in once she needed to reset the rally or push her back right at the start.

Those moonballs are tricky, but she had no idea how to deal with them. I also don't know why Arrua... stopped hitting those in the middle of the first set. It won her the point whenever she did, but then again I had the impression throughout that she was really playing on the edge of her current ability.

I also agree that this match was a great example that w/ue stats are only half the truth of a tennis match. Simona was messy out there, although the stats indicate that it was a pretty good meatch from her side which it really wasn't.

Onwards.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #4008
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Princess writes again

Quote:
Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hello again everyone

My match against Lara Arruabarrena this morning was a tough one. I had played her once before on hardcourts and won a little bit easier, but here she was playing amazing. And the court was slower today - Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario court is drier and faster, but Manolo Santana court was a little bit slower - but you always have to adapt quickly because that's just the situation you're given.

But Lara played very well. She's a good player on clay because she has Spanish style - the forehand with a lot of topspin. But I just wanted to stay focused for every point and fight for every point, and that's what I did really well in the end. I was very happy I won in two sets and didn't go to three!

Another thing I was really happy with was my serve. I had nine aces today - I was surprised too! I served well in the first round too, but today was even better, especially in the important moments. It was the best thing for me in the match, I think. I've been working hard on my serve for a while now and I think it's improving a lot. Right now, it's probably the most important shot for me...

There were some important people in the crowd today, too. Virginia Ruzici was there - actually she always comes to see me because she's my manager! But Mr. Tiriac was also there, and when he comes I'm very afraid!! I think that's why I didn't start so quickly today. But it's important seeing him there watching me. I've learned so much from him and he always helps me. I have a lot of respect for him.

I'm just happy I could stay focused on my tennis and win the match today

Oh and how could I forget, my day off yesterday... it wasn't a full day off, I did practice once during the day, but I did a lot of relaxing back at the hotel, and I also went shopping for a bit...

I bought two pairs of high heel shoes

Now I'll probably go eat, then go relax at the hotel, maybe another practice session in the evening... I'm playing the winner of a night match today so I think tomorrow I'll be playing in the evening.

To me it doesn't matter who I play in the next match because both players are tough. Sabine is a great player, but it might be even more difficult to play against Begu because she's a Romanian girl. If it's her we just have to enjoy it - we'll both be playing for Romania and one will be in the quarterfinals.

I just have to stay focused, try to play my best and stay aggressive.

I like this tournament a lot. It feels like home here. The people, the food, the city - everything is just really nice here. I hope to keep enjoying myself and I'm happy you're all reading along with me!

Have a good night

Simona

Simna Halep
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #4009
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

I wonder if Lisicki can trouble Simona tomorrow.
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #4010
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

Her 1-st serve , i tell u that , it scared me.

The rest .. not that much. Still consider her verry dangerous in a good day (vs Irina she wasn`t in a good day lol , hug Irina ), but dunno what to say.

I hope Simona brings her game and don`t give us so much drama
UCLA is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #4011
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

^IMO Lisicki was playing as good as she can off the grass today. In her match against Monica at AO, she couldn't bring a ROS into the field on Niculescu's puffballs to save her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
I wonder if Lisicki can trouble Simona tomorrow.
I was asking myself the same thing during the match. It's hard to say because Lisicki's game is as unsteady as it gets. Simona must take every BP opportunity she can get, though, and not butch the returns like she did against Lara today.

On the other hand, Manolo Santana is hardly comparable to ASV. It looked two times slower to me than the ice rink Begu vs. Lisicki was played on and should make things much easier for Simona.

Still, let's hope her ankle is ready because she will need to run a lot.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:20 PM   #4012
country flag mido1988

I'm not very worried about Lisicki match ..
Imo It would be dangerous only If simona plays horribly
If Simona Serves like the first 2 matches It would be nothing to worry about
Lisicki has a big serve but Simona can deal with it and her defence is not good So Simona can lead her to do alot of errors even when Simona doesn't find her game.. usually I don't like to be so sure but really can't see healthy Simona loses to Lisicki on clay

Simna Halep
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #4013
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
Her 1-st serve , i tell u that , it scared me.
That's what i said at the AO in that first set against Moni... but once Moni decided to just move Lisicki around left-right-left-right-dropshot-lob, so basically get involved in long rallies, Lisicki just disappeared in a sea of unforced errors

Simona will have to run a lot tho, but which after all is kinda her game
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #4014
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

Lisicky has a terrible serve, I think in top 3 of WTA, after Serena and, I don't know, you name another girl
Her game isn't something extraordinary, but she could give some big trouble tomorrow!
Hope not
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #4015
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Boom boom hit out against Begu today in the second set -- just way too much power. Begu couldn't handle it. Lisicki is -- as they say in baseball scouting -- at the very least, a four tool player, a plus talent, with a weird head. Her forehand, fitness, and that serve, all a plus, I also think she hits the swinging forehand approaching the net very well, so don't send that chop chop back her way. Who knows where she'll be tomorrow, but I know Halep is not moving well, so it should be interesting. I'm not in agreement with Mido, I know that.

Last edited by oliverdescants : May 7th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #4016
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Players like Bine are certainly a tough match-up for Simona if they are on. She can overpower Simona if she is on but imo even if a big hitter like Bine is on Simona can stay with her and beat her eventually. Prime example of that is the first 5 games in New Heaven last year vs Kvitova. Petra is a big hitter too (much better than Bine) and she was GOATing in the first 5 games but Simona amazingly countered almost everything and led 3-2. From that moment Kvitova disappeared but I'm sure it's mainly because she was shocked that Simona was able to stay with her while playing her A game and we all know Petra's A game is one of the highest A games on the tour. So yeah, If Simona shows up with her A game, she should beat Lisicki even if she is on. It's a tough match for sure and I don't think we will see peak Simona vs Sabine. This injury is kinda worrying. Hope it's not serious and she shows up in good form.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:14 PM   #4017
country flag mido1988

Lisicki this season didn't play more than 2 matches in any tournament ,, She has only 2 wins against top 100 before this tournament .. she didn't beat a top 30 since wimbledon
I'm not bashing her or something .. She is a nice girl .. but i don't agree she has an A game in any aspect outside grass ,, her results says that unfortunately
Yes .. Simona maybe struggles more against big hitters on a bad day of her .. but she is not clueless against them or something .. and we shouldn't be so scared when matching an opponent with very few valuable wins since along time

Simna Halep
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #4018
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

With an injury she can miss Rome and RG. Maybe is better to redraw rather than force a major injury.

Either way , even if she has a easy game vs Sabine , next is Serena, and i dare saying an injured Simona vs Serena even in a bad day has no chances.

The most annoying part is that i`m scared now to force her game and get a severe injury. She can`t afford that. Not now with RG knocking on the door.
UCLA is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:23 PM   #4019
country flag mido1988

Quote:
Either way , even if she has a easy game vs Sabine , next is Serena,
Still the Qf vs Ana or Pavlyuchenkova

Simna Halep
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:35 PM   #4020
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
With an injury she can miss Rome and RG. Maybe is better to redraw rather than force a major injury.
What injury are u talking about ?
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread